TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: Npc's leveling with you

Npc's leveling with you

I'm sorry to make a whole thread just for this question but i am quite desperate.
    The whole all NPC's level with you and get better gear ect thing just totally sucks and i was wondering if anyone could point me to a mod that makes the world more like Morrowind where i can't finish the game at level 1, to hell with the scaling idea.

Then simply don't finish the game at level 1.

is Best Pony
    See the stickied thread about Oblivion mods? There's a section called 'Tweaks - Levelled Lists'. Why not try there?

I use OOO's mod - that stops the monsters leveling with you thing. I think it also fixes guards at a certain level too. It also does a bunch of other stuff.

10 note
    OOO is easily the single best oblivion mod out there, imo. The number of gameplay fixes/rebalances is almost uncountable and it also adds loads of new monsters, weapons, armour, items etc. You won't suddenly start seeing bandits running around in mithril and glass armour when you hit level 14, they're capped at fur, leather and chain, the same goes for pretty much everything. Similarly you will see mountain lions, bears and boars at level one, depending on where you look and you will be able to find sweet equipment at any level, provided you can take it from it's previous owner. Honestly, this mod kicks so much arse you'll never go back to vanilla Oblivion, the only downside is that its about 700MBs. Well that and you might want to have the 'kill' command handy in case you run into any frost titans or they'll kill most of the blades/bruma guard.

Heh I love the frost titans! I brought one into Bruma and it killed half the city!

If you like OOO then I'd like to recommend MMM as well.

A question about OOO:

In "vanilla Oblivion", I can happily walk into almost all dungeons and never fear that there are monsters who will really be a huge threat. OOO changed that, right? Does that mean, if I walk, for instance, into Vilverin (or what's-its-name, ruin opposite of the Sewers Exit) at level 1, there will be level 10 bandits and the necromancer boss in the last room will be level 30 -- after all, it's a ruin related to a "difficult" quest (the collector)?

That'd be kinda nasty, as there are no signs infront of the dungeons indicating that "here be tough monsters". It would mean that you'd have to enter each dungeon, have a look at the first few monsters and then usually run away - making the map a complete mess, as you can't mark a "found" PoI as "explored and done with"...

10 note
    In OOO, I believe the monsters are still levelled to a certain extent and I'm sure at least the first levels of Vilverin only have bandits. The ones you really need to watch out for are the spectral wolves, warriors, reavers etc. as they can be extremely nasty.
    Yes you will on occasion find yourself running for your life while being chased down a hill by a pack of ogres but that's only realistic, right? What's more, the tougher the beasties, the better the rewards, so you will be encouraged to take risks against tougher opponents and use more potions/charges/welkynd stones.

Currently downloading MMM, it looks pretty good, thanks for the link.

Mhm... I think I will "finish" the game first then without OOO - not sure if I could use my level 23 breton anyway if I'd upgrade now.

I have already slight daydreams about trying out an *evil* Khajit vampire later, so using some more mods for that might be fun to lessen the repetition.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleid View Post
    If you like OOO then I'd like to recommend MMM as well.
    Wait can you use MMM with OOO? There is some other major modpack like OOO that you can't use in conjunction with OOO (IIRC).

Quote Originally Posted by steo View Post
    In OOO, I believe the monsters are still levelled to a certain extent and I'm sure at least the first levels of Vilverin only have bandits. The ones you really need to watch out for are the spectral wolves, warriors, reavers etc. as they can be extremely nasty.
    Yes you will on occasion find yourself running for your life while being chased down a hill by a pack of ogres but that's only realistic, right? What's more, the tougher the beasties, the better the rewards, so you will be encouraged to take risks against tougher opponents and use more potions/charges/welkynd stones.
    And I love watching the Imperial Legion guards fighting off all those monsters for me (to loot the bodies after!)

Hewlett Packard

Sucks to level 1

All you need is a summon Daedroth spell. Sick the damn tyrannosaurus on em.