TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: FM for T2: Assassin aka Jarlson Manor

Clearinghouse

FM for T2: Assassin aka Jarlson Manor

Strange. FM Assassin by Minas Zuniga no on thiefmissions.com or thief-thecircle.com or keepofmetalandgold.com.
    Jarlson2.zip

fixed http://darkfate.ru/?show=files/fan-m...rlson_v1_1.zip
    Last edited by clearing; 20th Dec 2010 at 06:43.

I don't think I've seen that one before. Looks good too.

Thanks Clearing!

Oh no... anyone else experiencing bugs?

I can't load from any of my saves and objectives don't show up BTW. The mission seems to crash to desktop a few moments later if i kill anyone - a novel way of implementing a no kill objective perhaps? If i only knockout people, no crashes occur. Also sometimes when i use my flashbombs my PC freezes up. It seems to happen if i use my flashbombs whilst in motion, but not if i am standing still.

The main problem is i can't reload from saves otherwise i would carry on playing. Looks like a interesting mission.
    Last edited by shadows; 13th Mar 2007 at 03:54.

clearing: Don't know about the other two but thiefmissions is on hold while Jason, the site manager is busy with real life. There's a message on the home page.

Note: The objectives do not show in this mission. Install the mission then use Windows Explorer to move goals.str from Thief\intrface\Test into Thief\intrface then delete the Test folder.

The readme says difficulty settings NO but in fact they appear to be VERY varied objectives on each settings!

shadows: I tried killing one guard as an experiment and no problem - no crash.

Clearinghouse
    Quote Originally Posted by Fidcal View Post
    clearing: Don't know about the other two but thiefmissions is on hold while Jason, the site manager is busy with real life. There's a message on the home page.
    This is old FM 2003-10-22.

Quote Originally Posted by Fidcal
    shadows: I tried killing one guard as an experiment and no problem - no crash.
    I tried to reproduce the bug and found that sometimes if you kill someone it crashes and other times not...

I got the objectives working, thanks.

clearing: So it used to be up there but is now gone? Mmmm... Odd. Might have been deleted accidentally during a re-shuffle.

I'm curious about this mission because of the various objective differences but I'm also still playing Rocksbourg 2 !! Have to time share.... Oh yeah I'm also playing Oblivion but Thief is winning at the moment.

Desperately Dodgy Moderator

Fixed

I've fixed the save loading bug (no Dark Mission description) and the objectives, and have the new mission (which is actually titled Jarlson Manor according to titles.str) hosted here. It's in a temp folder and will be removed either when one of the other main hosting sites make it available, or when you guys start to use too much of my bandwidth. (That's not likely given its small size.)

I've not verified any of the objectives work, and I think it's safe to say this mission was not ready for release, as there are a few rooms with floating objects and apparently placeholder textures. Also, the middle difficulty requires you to find four objects, but all four are floating in the air in the same location. But at least you should be able to walk around without too many crashes.

Too bad the author never release anything, the lighting and architecture aren't bad for all stock resources, and s/he obviously loves wood trim:

Death's Cold Embrace - Info and screenshots

I have arrows but bow not working! Anyone else get this?

It's OK for me, sort of... I just killed one Guard too many and CRASH, straight to desktop.

Quote Originally Posted by Fidcal View Post
    I have arrows but bow not working! Anyone else get this?
    Yes, can't use my arrows either.

Thanks, Yandros, at least if it crashes i won't have to start again.

This is probably the reason why this FM never got out before:

http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=74512

Quite a decent mansion. Rather on the big scale in places but there's a lot of work put into it and it's a good layout. Some really nice features. Attractive library and some good fireplaces and hallways and arches. I basically just ran round to have a look and killed everyone without a crash. Mainly with sword but suddenly I found my bow was working again!

Yes, it's sad the author could not continue with this when you see what thought and labour has gone into it so far. To an extent you see into the author's mind when you read a book or play a mission and this is an unfinished idea. Now I'm depressed...

I agree that a lot of work evidently went into this FM. Loved all the woodwork; lots of secrets potential in all the nooks & crannies. The first time I tried to play this it crashed when I went running down the stone spiral staircase and tried to pull out my blackjack. Second time around everything seems to be working just fine.

Just read that poor kid's thread. Hope he finally moved out of his folks' house. So I take it that this FM was never finished and I'll never find that damned statue? (The location of the talismans was overly blatant - he must have already been getting heat from his mom.)

Sucks. This had potential. Maybe one of our many creative FM authors could contact this guy & get his permission to spruce it up and re-release it? Providing his parents haven't locked him in the dungeon or set fire to his PC.

At the very least we could stage an INTERVENTION.

So what if we're four years late!?

Rats! Just tried to see if his e-mail link was still active. It's not.
    Last edited by Dia; 13th Mar 2007 at 13:40.