TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: System Shock 2 God Mode

System Shock 2 God Mode

For System Shock 2 you're suppose to be able to open the console and type in "undead" and it puts you in GodMode, but for me when I type it, I still get killed.

This is the info copied off one of the many sites out with this cheat information:

System Shock 2 Cheat: God Mode
    Bring up the console by pressing SHIFT + ; and type "undead" without the quotes and hit ENTER.

Why isn't this working? I'm running v2.3.

THANKS

Because that method is incorrect.

Create a file called user.cfg in your main SS2 folder and there type undead in the top line and save. But remember that if you save the game this way, undoing the cheat will not remove it from the "infected" savegame.

Quote Originally Posted by Bjossi View Post
    Because that method is incorrect.

Create a file called user.cfg in your main SS2 folder and there type undead in the top line and save. But remember that if you save the game this way, undoing the cheat will not remove it from the "infected" savegame.
    Ok I made user.cfg and typed "undead" in it, this still isn't working, and I thought I should type it in the console when playing the game and nothing.

ok my bad it works

THANKS

How can you get all weapons, and all ammo?

I had a shotgun, and I would type; "reload_gun" and it was working, now it saws no ammo, hmm

THANKS

You can reload the gun with a key.

But why didn't it work before? You did the common mistake of creating user.cfg.txt instead of user.cfg?

You can reload the gun with a key.

But why didn't it work before? You did the common mistake of creating user.cfg.txt instead of user.cfg?
    Reload with a key? All I know is to type at the console; "reload_gun" but that only reloads what ammo you have on you, not a cheat to enable all the ammo.

The God Mode worked before I just didn't realize it will take the health down to 0

The reload gun function is bound to R by default I think. You can check out all the keys and their functions in the controls menu.

As for all guns and ammo, I don't think there is one function for that. Just use summon_obj {tem name}, you can find the item names on one of those endless number of cheats collecting websites.

But why are you cheating anyways? Is the game too difficult?

The reload gun function is bound to R by default I think. You can check out all the keys and their functions in the controls menu.

As for all guns and ammo, I don't think there is one function for that. Just use summon_obj {tem name}, you can find the item names on one of those endless number of cheats collecting websites.

But why are you cheating anyways? Is the game too difficult?
    Ok, well I did summon_obj Gren Launcher and it did nothing.

The game isn't hard...

Ok I did;

summon_obj gren launcher

And then it appeared on the floor, then when I clicked on it to pick it up, it just drops out my inventory, and the voice keeps saying; "item dropped"

How come I can't pick it up? I left space in my inventory.

Hmmm

Ok I finally was able to pick up items I summoned.

THANKS

Weapons take three inventory slots in horizontal line-up, so you need to have one set of those free in order to pick up a weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by DasFox View Post
    The game isn't hard...
    If the game isn't hard, why are you cheating?

I think the game isn't hard for him because he's cheating.

*casts troll spell*

HELLO HELLO HELLO

Maybe he cheats for fun?

DING DING DING

Or maybe not?

If you don't cheat for fun, why do it? If a game is too hard for me, I just yell at it and close it Like the first time I tried to play System Shock 2... damn laser turrets had me pinned down

What was the main problem during my first runthrough were the shotgun hybrids. Back then I had never played a FPS-RPG so I hadn't figured out the usefulness of the wrench. And those hybrids could take a beating by ranged weapons plus their attacks did good damage.

You know what's fun? Later in the game, when you've got mad skilz, returning to Deck 2 and totally own the hybrids. Pretty fun!

The experienced shockers call that sport Hybrid Farming.

Quote Originally Posted by Sangman View Post
    HELLO HELLO HELLO
    Maybe he cheats for fun?
    Yeah I'm sure he played the game before and just wanted to have some fun and then forgot how to pick up a gun or load it. Happens every day.

Maybe he wanted to have fun the first time he played it (because it sure as hell was a tad hard for me to get used to the game when I played it)

Anyway who cares

My very first runthrough had some cheating later on in the game because it was either that or starting over.

ZylonBane
    The experienced shockers call that sport Hybrid Farming.
    No they don't. Hybrid farming is when you kill hybrids to get their stuff (nanites, ammo, etc).

And people who cheat on their first runthrough are pathetic dumbasses.