TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

Thread: The Official System Shock 2 Soundtrack

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin Karne View Post
    There are some expensive wires that use parallel wiring and those can destroy some amplifiers because of an increase in capacitance.
    There are also some professional quality cables that use symmetrical cable construction techniques to eliminate common mode interference as much as possible. I agree that there is a lot of moonshine in the audio cable business, but some of it is relevant when talking about long cable runs. (Probably not relevant in the context of this forum, however)

Yeah but we are not speaking either of professional amplifiers that can take any load and survive.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin Karne View Post
    Yeah but we are not speaking either of professional amplifiers that can take any load and survive.
    You are correct, and in any case the wires I was talking about are normally used as inputs and not as loads presented to amplifiers.

I agree that many cables and products sold into the audio market are either over specified or completely misleading, but there are circumstances where a careful choice of product can produce a noticable improvement to sound quality.

I think we are all missing the real issue, which is:
    Can Terri Brosius be persuaded to record answering machine messages for us all?

Or maybe something for the front page?

Okay, here are the .wav files off the CD.

Because these were ripped digitally at 44.1 / 16 bit it's the highest quality possible given the source material, since anything higher would be fabricating data that isn't on the CD. Looking at the checksums, the songs were all ripped without any burst errors, so this should give everyone the exact files I have at the same exact same quality.

The file is big, of course, but hey, people wanted the uncompressed source data.

If you want FLAC or ogg or some other format, feel free to encode it yourself. At this point I've put the original quality files out there, so the audiophiles can take care of the rest. I didn't take the time to name the tracks, but it's in the same order as the mp3s I posted so it should be easy enough tag them however you like.

Enjoy!

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=TIXHJVIJ

P.S. Megaupload has been a bit wonky for me tonight, so if it says "File temporarily unavailable" just hit refresh a few times and it should come back.

Administrator
    That's amazing, many thanks.

Our cup runneth overrrrrrr

BR796164
    Now people are going to burn it on CD, and then rip the tracks to some lossy format for their portable players anyway. Oh well.

Thanks very much, MysteryDev.

ZylonBane
    Quote Originally Posted by BR796164 View Post
    Now people are going to burn it on CD, and then rip the tracks to some lossy format for their portable players anyway.
    Why the hell would anybody do that? Once it's in digital format you just leave it on your hard drive.

BR796164
    Let me guess :

- Backup purposes
    - You can play it as CDDA on your audio system
    - Not everyone has 50GB+ digital portable jukebox to afford to store many
    uncompressed WAVs on it for a long time.

I think the purpose of releasing the CD's content without any compression is for archiving purposes, and for the audioholics too of course. And not to mention people can download the WAVs and compress them to a preferred format if they are low on hard drive space.

I put up FLACs as well as high quality OGGs at SBF.
    Last edited by Kolya; 30th Jan 2010 at 20:13.

ZylonBane
    There goes your bandwidth for the month...

Nah, the files are either downloadable from filefront or as a torrent. I learned my lesson.

Great OST
    Love Ops2/Credits music and mad percussion in Command 2

Isn't Ops2 and Credits the same music?

Quote Originally Posted by Bjossi View Post
    Isn't Ops2 and Credits the same music?
    It's the reason I used "/"

Ah yes.
    I like the way Credits begins better than Ops2, sounds cooler in a way I can't describe.

How could I've missed this event?
    A lossless version, hell yes!
    Thanks to those serving on torrent.
    BTW the filefront link is gone?

Yeah, seems like filefront deleted the files. I'll put them up somewhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by MysteryDev View Post
    Okay, here are the .wav files off the CD.
    a little late, but thanks again, MysteryDev. You're a class act!!

Thanks Kolya for hosting the files also.

Thank you so much MysteryDev! I'm so glad I stumbled across this -- I listen to the SS2 soundtrack all the time!

Wow...I can't believe I missed this. This truely made my day/week/month/year.

MysteryDev, and the great minds behind this music, I only have one request. Please, have my children.