TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Life of the Party : Thief 2 Question

Life of the Party : Thief 2 Question

I just had a random question cuz i know a lot of u guys do stuff that the devs didn't intend for you to do in the game Is it possible to get down to the street in Life of the Party ? The street where the children of karras and mechanists are patrolling

Yeah, just jump off any side of a building.

Seriously, if your feet so much as touch pavement you die. So, while you *can* get down there, you will surely die.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldmoon Dawn View Post
    Yeah, just jump off any side of a building.

Seriously, if your feet so much as touch pavement you die. So, while you *can* get down there, you will surely die.
    thats not what i meant at all... i meant is it possible to get down there WITHOUT dying.

You did not hear?

You cannot get down there without dying! Touching the road means instant death.

Sure you can. Look here for a description and much more: http://users.ncable.net.au/~abirch/T..._the_party.htm
    Last edited by Luthien; 29th Apr 2007 at 20:24.

jtr7
    I remember once falling to the street after an attempted leap across the street to a dangling rope arrow I'd sunk into a beam. I landed on a bevel, where a piece of a building stuck out and went into the street--and sustained no damage. That was one of the many engine exploits I found. But anyway, I was standing on the street, waiting for the Mission Failed movie. It wasn't triggering, so I began to walk around. I grew excited that I might get to go exploring. I told myself I wanted to see a certain area up close and began jogging toward it. Mission Failed. Awww.

Desperately dodgy geezer
    Fixed link from Luthien: http://users.ncable.net.au/~abirch/T..._the_party.htm

I know you can get to the road without dying, but is there anywhere you can get down there without failing the mission?

hmmm that brings up another question... is The Unwelcome Guest worth playing if u've already played Life of the Party? Like what are the differences between the two?

and Luthien: how did u stack all those bodies there like that???
    Last edited by KhAoZ; 29th Apr 2007 at 19:20.

Definitely yes. IMO, UG is better than LotP.

I go down ther all the time. where the two windows meet at the necromancers tower, i just jump to the lightpost. with the two spikes on it.

jtr7
    Yandros rephrase your question, 'cause I don't see how it hasn't been answered already. Yes, there are places on the street where your mission won't fail, until you try to leave those areas. Unless you have a way back up once you've wandered around those small places, your game is over. Quicksave, head down to the street, and reload your quicksave when you've gone as far as you can.

I've yet to try breaking into Angelwatch through the front door, but I'll be doing that sometime in the next two weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Telliamed View Post
    Definitely yes. IMO, UG is better than LotP.
    wow u are so right... i am very impressed with this mission!! HEY NEW BRIEFING TOO !!!!! man are there any other bonus missions or remade missions made by LG before they went out of business? maybe some missions from that rumored thief 2 gold?

Thief 2 gold is in the works by some modders here.

http://www.thiefmissions.com/thief2gold/

Other than that you can search the forums for more. Hope this helps!

Sting

Quote Originally Posted by Stingm View Post
    Thief 2 gold is in the works by some modders here.

http://www.thiefmissions.com/thief2gold/

Other than that you can search the forums for more. Hope this helps!

Sting
    i already knew that i was just giving that as an example when i was asking for changed existing missions or missions left out by LG that were finished by fans.

Permanently Enlarged
    I think you can gain access to the streets by going down to the bottom of Angelwatch (w/ the one patrolling CombatBot and Mech @ tha door), what ya do is disable the bot and rid yourself of the mechanist. Theeeeeen, you break apart the bot by bashing it several times w/ your blackjack, and throw its body several times at the door, itll break right open. Ive done it several times.

Too much work. I prefer frog-jumping and a sunburst-shaped lockpick.

StingM, I'm impressed. Thief 2 Gold has always been something I've dreamed of playing ever since I read Emil's Journal (pity Part 2 and 3 were never scanned and posted grrrr...). Anyway, I don't have any talents in those areas but I'm cheering you on 100%!

Desperately dodgy geezer
    I don't think he's involved in the project, he just gave you the link.

Oh, okay. Still thanks for the link then.

Yeah tintin I am not involved, but glad you enjoyed the link. I just wish they would update more.

Sting

There isn't anything on the "Life of the Party" ground(streets).

Where to find hammer in this mission? I need hammer for something.

I don't know about any hammers, but is the fog meant to continue indoors? Precious Cargo has fog but things clear up when you are indoors. In LOTP it seems to be foggy inside Angelwatch also.

Southquarter.com/fms
    Quote Originally Posted by Xmodule999 View Post
    Where to find hammer in this mission? I need hammer for something.
    Are you referring to a Hammerite, or an actual physical hammer, like a tool? I don't know of either one existing in this mission. Can you clarify a bit?

I'm pretty sure there was a[n annoying] hammer in a footlocker in a tower en route to Angelwatch. It's been ages since I've played that mission, so I can't be more precise than that. But I vaguely recall lock picking a footlocker (or toolbox?) only to get a junk hammer, which I then had to loudly set down and alert a nearby guard. Most fun indeed... but hey, if you need one, maybe that will work?

It's possible that this was actually in the demo mission "The Unwelcome Guest" and didn't make it into "Life of the Party," but I'm pretty sure it's there. Does anyone else remember this?
    Last edited by trefoilknot; 10th Oct 2017 at 12:44. Reason: Misremembered the name of the demo mission. Thanks, Grandmauden!