TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 38910111213

Thread: T2 FM: Lord Alan's Factory (10 May 2007)

Hello Everyone!

FYI the Factory does not use custom scripts.

Warm regards

Keeper of FMs

I agree. I have posted a thread at the Editor's Guild asking for help collecting the current versions of scripts.

Quote Originally Posted by smithpd View Post
    Maybe this information is available at the Editor's Guild.

I am no expert in this. I just use what they tell me to. And sometimes they get delivered in FMs as if by magic. Some expert at the Circle should sort this out.

When do the Lord Alan missions take place? It's difficulty for me to tell.

I've been thinking maybe just as the Mechanists began to rise. The industrial theme certainly seems to support my assertion. The Hammerites here are unusually bloodthirsty, which makes me wonder if they eventually became Mechanists. That's assuming my theory of the time is sound.

Is my guess wrong?

Terrific mission, hope it's not the last of the series.

The series thus far has been a unique experience for me. They creep me out and keep me in suspense, a nice surprise considering the mission aren't horror-themed.

The end movie really has me scared. So the day is saved...but at what cost?

Finally catching up on this one. Good god this place is huge! Makes Thieves Guild look like a dollhouse in comparison. I've already been lost for two hours, although at least I'm starting to get an idea of what's going on after finding some offices.

Based on a few readables, and some very unsettling music in certain locations, I get the overall impression this is heading towards industrial horror. It brings to my mind an old Radio show my dad liked called "Thing on the fourble board". As Garrett once said:"I've got a bad feeling about this..."

Guess I'll see, if I can ever find my way through this place without getting lost...

Edit:Jan 10th
    Again, good lord! It took me 5 hours to get through this. Guess I was wrong about the horror bent (a bit to my dissapointment), but this mission was still fantastic. The textures were amazing, the architecture, everything. Building something of this magnitude must have been some serious labor of love.

My only complaint was some of the ladders were a serious PITA to climb back down. I must have fallen ridiculous heights to an acrophobics worst nightmare end I don't know how many times. Otherwise than that I gave this mission 9/10 on the sites I am able to score it. If the ladders that gave me trouble worked better, I'd have gone 10/10. 11/10 if the baddies had been something new and creepy.
    Last edited by kamyk; 10th Jan 2009 at 05:30.

Old thread, but who cares with a mission as good as this one!

I looked up from the water and saw the soaring machinery above me and thought, praise the lord and pass the whiskey, somebody's finally combined Thief with Deus Ex. My idea of heaven.

'Course, I'm already stuck, but I'll muddle along for a while on my own.

Bumping up old threads is perfectly acceptable on this particular forum.

That's about the same reaction I had the first time I saw the mission. It's truly amazing!
    Last edited by Nightwalker; 1st Oct 2009 at 23:06.

This one is truly mind boggling in size and scope. I still can't believe Andrea was able to cram it all in without dromed exploding. Andrea is a master without a doubt.

Okay, now I am stuck, and I don't want to wander aimlessly for too long or the mission will be spoiled for me.

I finally found my way up to the Air level by elevator and aside from some neat weaponery, found nothing. Very disappointing. I thought once I got up there I would be able to find more routes, but apparently it's just back down the elevator again.

I have only been able to enter codes in two places so far (code 7431 & 2537). I know where a third is, but can't get up to it.

Obviously I need to find the key to the engineer's office, but I'm all out of ideas. I've completed the 90% of the factory objective, so I've been all over -- I just can't find anything.

The walkthrough I finally referred to in frustration said that on the Air level I should go through doors 3311 and at the other end there would be a ladder down to the Admin area. I don't see a ladder anywhere up there.

Any help would be welcome.

edit....oh, how typical. I've just found THAT key, after all, and am back in the running.
    Last edited by Fraser; 8th Oct 2009 at 00:46.

Just finished the map without any help in almost 4 hours. I want to say "Thank you" for one of the biggest and greatest mission ever created.

I also loved the prequels Basement and Fortress; therefore I hope there will be another FM by Lord Alan.

Lord Alan's factory is insanely good! I thought I was in a whole new game when I played it a few months ago!

I can't believe I forgot to post here. I loved this mission when I played it about two months ago. The only problem I had with it was that I swam around at the beginning for about ten minutes before finding the entrance.

It is insanely good. I'm not rushing through. I still have two more codes to enter, and I can't figure out where just yet, but that doesn't matter. It's fun just looking around. I have to wander around some more to meet the loot objectives anyway...and now I feel very confident striding about, all humans blackjacked, and me not worried about anything else I might encounter, having some very powerful arrows in my posession.

Edit... all done. What an amazing mission. Amazing series, really.
    Last edited by Fraser; 11th Oct 2009 at 21:59.

Wow!

The management of ROENT gives a whole new defintion of ANAL RETENTIVE! OY!
    Last edited by Garrett's Shadow; 16th Jan 2010 at 12:34.

Really well done Lord Alan,
    I finished in about 2 hrs 36 mins.

made me feel really guilty when i finished though, a sure sign you've created a great narrative.

Hope to see more from you.

Glorious Mission

Finally got around to this one - a magnificent mission, by far the most impressive industrial world I've yet encountered in T2. Been playing on "thief" and taking my time - six hours later and I still haven't found enough loot, but I'm not complaining

Have not found one key yet, except 0009 and 8009. This FM is Amazing, SuperB, Fantastic!

Been all the way down, seen the drillers in action but i still need to find a way to the keys etc...lol.

I fall into a "waterglide" , that was thrilling! (is this default btw or can you avaid the waterslide?)

ps: Nvm; restarted it, and it seems i am so "lucky" that i jumped into something between those two sectors and ended up down with the drills, with only two keys. 8009 btw, when i went up with the elevator, the path was blocked up there, with a black "bar" (fence?). Now, i am way futher, seen the 0077 office and am searching for more loot and one or two secrets.

ps: Some sidenotes though; get the feeling i mis some human needs, like toilets or a kantina, where workers can eat and drink. Maybe some medical post, for threatment of injured workers. That kind of stuff.

So, -1 for this ;-)

So i must confess; without a walktrough i never would have finished this mission. Just too confusing and hard for me....(facepalm). Like the pencin on the paper thing, for example. That only works, till you get the objective! No one tells you that, you read that it can be done so you try and fail....omg. These kind of "loose ends" make it very difficult for people like me. Just like the maze of doors, levels and numbers and only brief, general directions... some more signs would have helped (or better maps).

the gem things on those flying objects are funny, but no more then that. Could have done it without them. Some were just frustating to get, some i did not even could get. More annoying then fun, if you ask me.
    The hidden chapel with the ghost etc..., now that was great!

Some more voice over help from garret, would have been nice. Like you pick up key 2200, he could say "o boy, i have to go all the way down to get there..."
    Things like that, really help and make it more pleasent. (totally forget door 2200 ans where to find it...lol) That is a "loose end" to me, a good example how to get lost in such a big enviremnent.

Despite these issue's, i see the great effort you put into it and it just is a awesome mission!

Thank you :-)
    Last edited by Jediron; 16th Jul 2012 at 16:05.

I finally completed this mission. I played it on easy, since I do not like timed missions and found this to be really difficult the first time around many years ago. The last time I played, I got as far as starting to disarm the devices, but I gave up when the walking quatrapusses, or whatever they are started to show up. So, here I am years later with more developed skills and found the game fun.

If you have never played this FM, or have not for a long time, give it a try My opinion of it is much higher than it used to be. It can be frustrating in places, especially the maps given. I did have to resort to the walkthrough to figure out how to get up to the air area - not the tip top, but the area below it.

Quote Originally Posted by bjack View Post
    I finally completed this mission. I played it on easy, since I do not like timed missions and found this to be really difficult the first time around many years ago. The last time I played, I got as far as starting to disarm the devices, but I gave up when the walking quatrapusses, or whatever they are started to show up. So, here I am years later with more developed skills and found the game fun.

If you have never played this FM, or have not for a long time, give it a try My opinion of it is much higher than it used to be. It can be frustrating in places, especially the maps given. I did have to resort to the walkthrough to figure out how to get up to the air area - not the tip top, but the area below it.
    I'm playing it right now for the first time with NewDark, though I've played it at least 4 times in the past.

I think I got stuck in the same place as you - the way to the not quite air area. Having already been to the flywheel area via the office, I doubled back and walked the rest of the area after disabling the device and found another doorway out onto the upper catwalks.
    EDIT: that led to another device, but not the outer towers! Further along the upper catwalks in the storage tanks section I found a ladder up!

I remember marvelling how the FM Author, Andrea Aleotti squeezed every last drop out of Dromed - can you imagine what he could do with New Dark?
    Last edited by Brooklyn; 24th Apr 2015 at 07:44.

10 years in the Factory

Installed New Dark v1.25 for a friend today, grabbed a few FMs, and tested this mission first. Looked at FMsel later and noticed that it's the 10 year anniversary of this release. What a coincidence!

A bad laptop panel and a bright room really makes the first parts of the mission hard to play, even with gamma cranked all the way up.

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 38910111213