TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: T2 FM: Lord Alan's Factory (10 May 2007)

You need to climb back up all the ladders you used to get down into the Earth and Water systems. When you've reached the top, go back along the hallway and climb the metal ramps all the way to the top. You'll find a way into the Fire system and from there, you can work your way up to the Administration level.

Key 2200 is not in the spot mentioned in Shadows post on Tips but it is on Thief and Timed. On Tips, it's worn by a worker who patrols through Room 4422 in Physical and Chemical Treatment.

I am still looking for the engineer so I can get his key to his office. I am way down in the earth area
    spoiler:
    that has the drills going into the ground and the builder plaque speaking of the tired worker
    I need to find this guy. Go ahead and spoil it for me. I have looked long enough. I cant go any deeper so it seems.

Thanks
    Last edited by Lightningline; 12th May 2007 at 00:12.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightwalker View Post
    Key 2200 is not in the spot mentioned in Shadows post on Tips but it is on Thief and Timed. On Tips, it's worn by a worker who patrols through Room 4422 in Physical and Chemical Treatment.
    In my defence I was repeating a post where someone told me to look for the key there...

But yes, folks things are slightly different on different difficulties.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightningline
    I am still looking for the engineer so I can get his key to his office.
    I assume you mean Engineer Hascent? He has two offices but you need to get into the 2200 office to get the key to the other office in any case. NightWalker's post at the top of this page has the answer.

Finding Harcant

Lightningline,

To find Harcant,
    spoiler:
    You first need to find the key to room 2200. There are ample clues and spoilers for how to find the key to 2200 above. It depends on skill level you play. Then you need to go down to the Earth area and open room 2200.

This is an immense mission. No wonder it took me 5 hours to download. Nah, I still have dial-up

It's a breath taking mission. I've walked and walked and wa........
    I need some help, please
    spoiler:
    I'm standing in front of device 4532 looking for the "nearby sensor" in Physical & Chemical Dept. I cannot find it. If it is reached by the catwalks above, I'm still looking for a way there. I think I reach it from Harcart's (sp?.)office

Tell me if I'm warm...

Quote Originally Posted by smithpd View Post
    Lightningline,

To find Harcant,
    spoiler:
    You first need to find the key to room 2200. There are ample clues and spoilers for how to find the key to 2200 above. It depends on skill level you play. Then you need to go down to the Earth area and open room 2200.

I have that key already....I guess I need help finding that room...please!!

@Dawggon, Yes, you're warm. When you get to the last place you mentioned, you'll know what to do.

Come on !! The suspense is killing me. I dont see any room down there. I'm gonna go play Alpha Prime and check back in a bit. Like I said "I have the key..I cant find the room he is in!"
    Thanks
    Last edited by Lightningline; 12th May 2007 at 01:52.

An amazing FM - congratulations Sir. After spending 2 hours wandering around in it and I've only opened 2 doors so far - can't say I'm getting much done though....

sneaks off an opens Dromed to get some forward movement started....

Clearinghouse
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightningline View Post
    Come on !! The suspense is killing me. I dont see any room down there. I'm gonna go play Alpha Prime and check back in a bit.
    Thanks
    Here.

Quote Originally Posted by clearing View Post
    The picture tells me nothing because I cant find the area you took the picture in !!! I have been up and down the ramps all around the drills and still cant find that freggin room . I am starting to feel retarded.
    Last edited by Lightningline; 12th May 2007 at 02:04.

Look closer at the picture, itīs actually pretty good. It shows the earth drills, green thing that goes up and down, and the door beside 1 of them

How to find Room 2200.

Lightningline,

Sometimes a picture is worth 1000 words, but I think not in this case. I hate to be so explicit, but here goes.

Complete spoiler.
    spoiler:
    You need to go down from the water to the earth system. Usually, the first time, you find Earth by going down a ladder from one of the four water piers, from where they have a common platform, but it could be down an elevator if it is past 12:00 Factory time. The earth system has three or four levels, depending on how you count. You first arrive at the top level, where you find the arrow machine. From there, find a metal staircase in the center of that area. Go down a little way from the top to the next level down from the top - the metal stairs have an exit there. Go into a side room, bear left, turn right and see door 2200 across a catwalk.
    Last edited by smithpd; 12th May 2007 at 02:59.

Unbelievable! This was made with DROMED?!! Excellent job Lord Alan-you have raised the bar for fanmissions-now I know why I rarely buy new games anymore-Thief is all the fun I need!

Quote Originally Posted by kittykat View Post
    Look closer at the picture, itīs actually pretty good. It shows the earth drills, green thing that goes up and down, and the door beside 1 of them
    The picture looks very dark on my PC. I can make out the drill shaft but there is many points in which I can see it. Can someone just tell me how to get there starting at ground zero at the bottom of the ramp ? There is an elevator down there to and part of the way up there is a room with a special arrow making machine...room 1100 I believe. Or maybe from the gate that opens at midnight.

I'm about to give up
    Last edited by Lightningline; 12th May 2007 at 03:02.

You missed my post above for directions to 2200.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawggon View Post
    This is an immense mission. No wonder it took me 5 hours to download. Nah, I still have dial-up

It's a breath taking mission. I've walked and walked and wa........
    I need some help, please
    spoiler:
    I'm standing in front of device 4532 looking for the "nearby sensor" in Physical & Chemical Dept. I cannot find it. If it is reached by the catwalks above, I'm still looking for a way there. I think I reach it from Harcart's (sp?.)office

Tell me if I'm warm...
    You are very warm.
    spoiler:
    There is an upper approach starting from Harcant's office, 1177.

Quote Originally Posted by smithpd View Post
    You missed my post above for directions to 2200.
    Finally...I found it. Thankyou very much !!!!

How is the first door opened to the beginning of the FM, with behind two arrows of fire? where is the key?

Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Angelot View Post
    How is the first door opened to the beginning of the FM, with behind two arrows of fire? where is the key?

Thanks in advance.
    I played on difficulty level Tips and couldn't open that door - perhaps it can be opened on the other difficulties?

In difficulty level Thief is the same thing.

Clearinghouse
    Help. The device: On the rooftop of the Air System, under the North-East tower... This here? I can't find.

@clearing, as with a number of other devices, you need to get onto the catwalk that you can just see in that screenshot and take it to the ladders. If you haven't reached the catwalks for any area yet, then don't worry you haven't reached the part of the FM yet where you are going after devices. If you have reached the catwalks, then you should notice that they are connected, and you get to where you want to go by following the catwalk from a previous area (the far right area, the Storage area, iirc) which connects to a tunnel that will go to the catwalk you want. Just keep looking for the other catwalk exit in the Storage area, it's not very hard to find.
    Last edited by demagogue; 12th May 2007 at 09:19.

clearing - To get to the Air tower device, you need to get onto the metal walkways that you access from Harcant's Admin. level office and at the very end of the pathways up there, you'll find a ladder that leads up to the Air level catwalks.

Angelot and shadows There isn't a key. There's a ladder in the back corner of the water cooling area that (In the SE corner of Room 6633) takes you down to a passageway on the far side of the broken bridge. There's a lever there that opens that door and another one that opens the door out to the bridge. You can cross it by walking on the railings since the bridge floor is broken.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightwalker View Post
    Angelot and shadows There isn't a key. There's a ladder in the back corner of the water cooling area that (In the SE corner of Room 6633) takes you down to a passageway on the far side of the broken bridge. There's a lever there that opens that door and another one that opens the door out to the bridge. You can cross it by walking on the railings since the bridge floor is broken.
    I know. That switch there 9933 kept bothering me and then it dawned on me it might open that door, so i went back and whatta you know! The thing is i thought that switch had to relate to a door with that number, yet that door doesn't have that number on it! WTF? Thanks for the answer anyhow NW.
    Last edited by shadows; 12th May 2007 at 09:42.

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast