TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: T2 FM: Lord Alan's Factory (10 May 2007)

Clearinghouse
    Thanks!!! I have found all the device cool

Clearinghouse
    Finished on normal! This one is definitely one of best FM.
    Thank you for this GREAT mission!

I replay on expert.

replay opportunities

Quote Originally Posted by clearing View Post
    Finished on normal! This one is definitely one of best FM.
    Thank you for this GREAT mission!

I replay on expert.
    Glad you liked it, clearing.

I should mention the obvious fact that there are opportunities for replay with different personal objectives, especially on Timed skill:

ghosting (0 damage, 0 alerts, including monsters)
    satisfy all hidden objectives (10 on Timed)
    fastest time
    all the above

I have played The Factory at least 20 times (I have lost count) and still enjoy it.
    Last edited by smithpd; 12th May 2007 at 13:30.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightwalker View Post
    Angelot and shadows ....
    Thanks you very much, Nightwalker!

bikerdude
    Quote Originally Posted by sterlino View Post
    Finally it comes out,
    All my compliments to Lord Alan
    I'm his proud Italian friend.
    I think he done, as usual, an incredible job

p.s. sadly i can't download it by now 70mb.... it too huge for me... may be in few weeks i will solve those absurd internet problems that i've got for 3 long years !

Sterlini

If you cant find someone close to you to download it for you, Pm and Ill burn it on to CD and post it to you

biker

Okay I am stuck.
    spoiler:
    I just found the hand of Saint Fera. How do I get back out of this room? The way I came in is blocked and I can not find any switches to reopen the door. Awesome effect when you take the hand..man Lord Alan is good.
    Thanks for any help!

Sting

P.S. I just went back and tried it again and the door was reopened when the event ended. It was a bug I guess, that or the fact I was shocked and tried to back out of the door during it, so it could not open..lol
    Last edited by Stingm; 12th May 2007 at 16:23.

I'm looking forward to playing this mission; Lord Alan's Fortress was terrific! Bless you.

- David

This FM is one of the best. Amazing everything... music, story, architecture. Many perfect details. New ideas. Simply GREAT !!!

At university during vacation I had a job in huge steelworks/cokery/chemical factory. I can walk (especially in night) over mile/kilometer along working furnaces/pipes/moving wagons without meet any people... It was very strange and interesting experience. I didn't think it could be reproduced in any computer game. But it could. Lord Alan's Factory is such a great experience.

Problem:
    I didn't noticed the "not touch the machinery" objective and I use some wheel but FM didn't end. After 2 hours of playing I returned to the place where I turned the wheel and game ends with broken objective: What can I do to continue without replaying whole FM ?

Yeah, this definitely feels like a real factory. Well, more so than anything else I've played.

Two questions though. Where are the ingredients for the explosive arrows? Also, when you put the arrow tips and shafts in the machine, thee are 12, but 6 gas arrow charges. If I add explosive charges, will 6 arrows pop out? The readable mentions this, but I'm just making sure...

Quote Originally Posted by northeast View Post
    Yeah, this definitely feels like a real factory. Well, more so than anything else I've played.

Two questions though. Where are the ingredients for the explosive arrows? Also, when you put the arrow tips and shafts in the machine, thee are 12, but 6 gas arrow charges. If I add explosive charges, will 6 arrows pop out? The readable mentions this, but I'm just making sure...
    I am playing on difficulty level Tips, so maybe different... Ingredients are in the Air System in one of the two buildings on the rooftop. Affirmative to your second question - the instructions next to the machine also confirms this.

Quote Originally Posted by shadows View Post
    I am playing on difficulty level Tips, so maybe different... Ingredients are in the Air System in one of the two buildings on the rooftop. Affirmative to your second question - the instructions next to the machine also confirms this.
    Hm. I don't know if they're in that building. The one with the broken machine, no? I found ingredients for the other arrows, that's it. Of course, I didn't look behind all the boxes...

I'm playing thief difficulty.

Quote Originally Posted by Aspirin View Post
    I didn't noticed the "not touch the machinery" objective and I use some wheel but FM didn't end. After 2 hours of playing I returned to the place where I turned the wheel and game ends with broken objective: What can I do to continue without replaying whole FM ?
    This is clearly a bug. I can't think of anything for you to do other than (a) don't revisit that place or (b) reload a save before you turned the wheel. If you can remember exactly what wheel it was (machine number, and what location), I will try to reproduce it.

Keeper of FMs

Quote Originally Posted by Stingm View Post
    Okay I am stuck.
    spoiler:
    I just found the hand of Saint Fera. How do I get back out of this room? The way I came in is blocked and I can not find any switches to reopen the door. Awesome effect when you take the hand..man Lord Alan is good.
    Thanks for any help!

Sting

P.S. I just went back and tried it again and the door was reopened when the event ended. It was a bug I guess, that or the fact I was shocked and tried to back out of the door during it, so it could not open..lol
    It's not a bug. It's supposed to scare the crap out of you. Very effective, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by smithpd View Post
    This is clearly a bug. I can't think of anything for you to do other than (a) don't revisit that place or (b) reload a save before you turned the wheel. If you can remember exactly what wheel it was (machine number, and what location), I will try to reproduce it.
    They are the wheels in cooling part of factory. I think I turned 2 or 3 of these wheels I'm not sure which one...

I definitely should replay FM because I need visit the locked door 7733... However, replaying such an excellent FM is pleasure... maybe I'll try another way...

Arrow ingredients and fabrication

Most ingredients are found
    spoiler:
    in the green lockers in the lower air system.
    I think that in Thief, and I know that in Timed,
    spoiler:
    the fluid ingredient for the TNT ignitine arrows are hidden elsewhere.
    I do not remember about Tips. Post back if you need more details.

As for the fabrication of the arrows, there are
    spoiler:
    instructions (both arrow types are the same) and a room with a machine,
    which I presume you have found. The way it works is,
    spoiler:
    If you have some of the ingredients, you get some of the arrows. If you put the rest of the ingredients in the machine later, you get the rest of the arrows. That is, you do not lose 6 of 12 shafts and 6 of 12 tips.

But I wanted to know where the explosive ingredient is in Thief difficulty!

Actually, I remember seeing a bottle somewhere in the plant earlier on in the level. But I'll be damned if I could remember where that is.

Great FM. Extreme architecture and machinery are WOW! Very well thought out and executed. Congratulations Lord Alan!

In several areas I have 'died'. No machinery was touched and wondering if this is a bug? Each time I reload my fast save, I die again. I have one sensor remaining to deactivate. Does this mean I have to go back to a hard save? Nutz.....

Can't find the arrow crystals; I have all the rest to make arrows. Where are these located?

Thans for the help.

What a real treat this mission is. Lord Alan, thank you very much.

I had to drag myself away from playing to post this. Two days and I've just left the fire level. Having such a good time exploring that I don't want to read the posts in this thread and spoil it.

Anyone else been for a ride on the big green pistons in Earth?

=

But I wanted to know where the explosive ingredient is in Thief difficulty!
    spoiler:
    The TNT ingredient is located on top of a concrete structure, in a room off the West side of the Physical and Chemical Treatment area. Take a ladder up and walk a pipe.

That is for Timed, and I am pretty sure it applies to Thief, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawggon View Post
    In several areas I have 'died'. No machinery was touched and wondering if this is a bug? Each time I reload my fast save, I die again. I have one sensor remaining to deactivate. Does this mean I have to go back to a hard save?
    It sounds like you may have run out of time.
    spoiler:
    Once you get the defuse bombs objective, you only have a limited time to do it, as indicated by the bomb timer. Check the objectives screen after you die and see if there is a red X in the defuse bombs objective. Also check your bomb timer quickly on the last save, if you can. If you can't do that, you might try checking it on an earlier save. If that is the case, then you need to load an earlier save and go faster.

Hm. I don't know if they're in that building. The one with the broken machine, no? I found ingredients for the other arrows, that's it. Of course, I didn't look behind all the boxes...

I'm playing thief difficulty.
    Yes the one with the broken machine. You're playing a harder difficulty so it's likely you'll have to work harder to find the mixture.

EDIT: ah, smithpd has offered the answer a few posts up.

Quote Originally Posted by smithpd View Post
    spoiler:
    The TNT ingredient is located on top of a concrete structure, in a room off the West side of the Physical and Chemical Treatment area. Take a ladder up and walk a pipe.

That is for Timed, and I am pretty sure it applies to Thief, too.
    Hahaha! That's exactly where I saw the bottle. I never bothered to investigate it at the time since I didn't know about the item building at that point. Then, I lost it since the factory is just so massive!

I should have figured that in such a large place, every item you can take must be usable. This mission was likely pushing the boundaries.

Anyways, thanks.

Just finished the mission and I must say it is definitely one of the best. I think it may be the biggest level ever. At one point I heard that it was going to be 2 levels because it had gotten so big. Glad he fit it all into one though. I had no idea that dromed would let you make a level so big.

My question:

I got 6 out of 7 secrets and 5 of 9 optional objectives. Does anyone have a list of all the optional objectives and secrets? Thanks so much for a wonderful level and perfect ending to the series. I can not wait to play again.

Sting

P.S. I did ride on the drill lifts in earth and also jumped in the water from high up. Man this level is awesome! )

Excellent mission

Just finished this very excellent mission.

It looks like it took quite a bit of work to accomplish. Please know it is appreciated.

I enjoyed it very much.

The levels are immense!!

Looking forward to your next one!!

Clearinghouse
    Quote Originally Posted by Stingm View Post
    spoiler:
    I just found the hand of Saint Fera.
    Hm... I did not find this. Where this?

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast