TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: T2 FM: Lord Alan's Factory (10 May 2007)

Quote Originally Posted by Aspirin View Post
    I didn't noticed the "not touch the machinery" objective and I use some wheel but FM didn't end. After 2 hours of playing I returned to the place where I turned the wheel and game ends with broken objective: What can I do to continue without replaying whole FM ?

Dont go back there. Sounds like a big bummer.

Quote Originally Posted by redface View Post
    Thanks Redface - All I was getting were commercials for websites. I would have been pissed beyond all comprehension if I couldn't DL this mission... I've been waiting forever for this ever since I saw those gorgeous SS's a couple years ago.

I always loved that depressing Dickens book "Hard Times", being drawn to it because of that awesome factory/smokestack cover... This mission will be a dream to play~

Grazie mille, Andrea!

Factory objectives

Here is an image of all the objectives in Timed skill. The Thief skill has one less. The top one about the letter being damaged is not there in Thief. The hidden objectives are all those with Bonus or New in front of them. That's 10 in Timed, 9 in Thief. I don't remember Tips. On Thief and Tips, more of them are optional.

Quote Originally Posted by clearing View Post
    Hm... I did not find this. Where this?
    Try looking around:
    spoiler:
    in Lord Alans office

Clearing,

Quote Originally Posted by kittykat View Post
    spoiler:
    in Lord Alans office
    Umm... Not really. Try looking around
    spoiler:
    on the second fire level (enter from concrete ramp)

Clearinghouse
    Quote Originally Posted by smithpd View Post
    Clearing,

spoiler:
    Thanks! cool effect

Sorry I took so long to post back Clearing. Hope you enjoyed that. But do search Lord Alans office real good for a surprise or 2 if you have not already.

I played on tips the first time through. I think I will try Thief next time. Thanks for the optional objective post. Now for that last secret that is escaping me!

Sting
    Last edited by Stingm; 13th May 2007 at 09:26.

Quote Originally Posted by smithpd View Post
    Clearing,

spoiler:
    Sorry, IŽll keep my mouth in peace.
    I really thought I got it from the
    spoiler:
    creepy secret space in the office
    , but maybe that was a foot???

No problem, kittycat. It is easy to get confused in The Factory! I am not aware of any feet. What you have in your place is a hammer.

smithpd. It's nice of me to check the objectives now and again. After your post, I checked....yep....I did run out of time to defuse the bombs. However, the "too close to machinery" killed me 4-5 times about 1/2 way to my objective. After reloading, I crept verrry slowly in certain areas and managed to avoid the death penalty. Again, I had not touched any machinery.

I'm certainly not an expert, but it seemed to happen when I was running, or too much going on in the frame.

Still looking for the liquid crystals to make arrows

How about that fantastic journey at the beginning of the fm? That was a wild way to get started, huh? Genius at work, definitely.

machinery deaths

Quote Originally Posted by Dawggon View Post
    However, the "too close to machinery" killed me 4-5 times about 1/2 way to my objective. After reloading, I crept verrry slowly in certain areas and managed to avoid the death penalty. Again, I had not touched any machinery.
    That is strange -- maybe. There are several ways to get killed by machinery.
    spoiler:
    You could get too close to a moving part, such as a flywheel, you could get too close to an eleman probe, or you could turn a wheel on a valve. I have also on occasion had SHAS by jumping up in an elevator, I guess hitting the flywheel. Perhaps there are others.
    Generally, there should be no need to creep around and be timid. I run like crazy through there and have never been killed like that. Unless it is a bug we haven't seen before ....

Same here, ran through the entire FM, only fail the "no touch machinery" obj, if i turn the wheels of machines.

I finished last ..."uhhhum" I mean early this morning. Great mission ! About 5AM) The only thing that screwed me up was
    spoiler:
    I kepped running down and up the earth area ramp so fast I ran right by
    the engineers office ! Duh..but tis here I found people who could show me the light. Thanks to them too

Awesome FM! Thanks!

Just finished this one on thief.
    3:35,56
    3,070 of 4950
    5 of 7 secrets
    And I failed the read 10 holy scripts one as well.
    Maybe next weekend I can find time to play it again and hopefully do better.

Awesome, awesome.....awesome (God I need some new adjectives in my vocabulary), really really awesome FM. I mean...just...F*&@##* WOW.

This thing was absolutely enormous, but what was even more incredible was the fact that you managed to fit something interesting into every square inch of it! The machines actually looked like they worked, and the individual rooms themselves were textured so damn well...God, it just kicked ass!

After about 20 minutes I thought to myself "Yeah...there's no way in hell I'm actually going to finish this FM", given my horrible sense of direction and short attention span (especially when confused), I pictured myself getting frustrated and quitting. It was intimidating, but I'm so glad I stuck with it. It's crazy how, as big as this thing is, you're able to get your bearings so easily if you just pay attention- thank God for all those labels everywhere. Anyway, finished in 3 hours and 10 minutes. I was a little suprised given how epic this thing was that I actually finished it in less time than it took me to beat "Ominous Bequest" my first time through...never underestimate the power of truly devious puzzles I guess.

My only complaint about the whole thing was that there really wasn't much sense of purpose in the very beginning. It takes a while to really understand your mission, but after a while you start thinking "Okay, I think I have a plan of attack now...", and then it's just impossible to put down.

SO yeah, again- awesome. Truly awesome. I'm gonna go get a thesaurus because I'm sure that there's a synonym for "awesome" I can also use to describe this...I'll just throw a line of thumbs up smilies at you for now.

Thanks, Lord Alan! Here's my honest mini-review:

Coinstacks:
    spoiler:
    I thought Dromed would burst at the seams rendering some of the areas within the factory (especially the natural gas refinery on the roof). Oddly enough, it was the conference room and offices that impressed me the most--they looked sophisticated and contemporaneous with the rest of the factory (the Crystal Palace came to mind in many places). Everything was well polished, from the rollercoaster sewer, to the St. Fera Shrine to the stunning machinery and beyond. Top notch work.

Blackjacks:
    spoiler:
    HUGE looks great, but is a chore to traverse multiple times, especially of you have no idea what's going on! I got that Quake 2 "step and repeat" feeling in many places. The story and AI were almost irrelevant, really (I know it's not exactly easy). Perhaps it's the fate of most FMs, but I expected more from a master Dromeder than an extended keyhunt. Did anyone else find the epilogue a bit jarring? Star Trek? Still, I stand in awe.

I think I must have bust a script somewhere, I defused all seven bombs but the objective didn't tick off and I couldn't exit, I even went back and checked they were definitely done, but no joy

I took a flying leap at the ladder attached to the furnace to get to that particular bomb, could that have broken a script somehow?

guess I'm going to have to replay this one .... what a hardship LOL

this place is huuuuuuge, It's so taffin big I kept getting lost

one slight criticism when the rockbeasties appeared they more or less blinked into existence where the other creatures kind of grew, it may have been more effective to grow the rockbeasts too on the other hand it might be a fault in my install esp as the objective failed to complete for me ... I'll have a check of my system I think

there is a impressive amount of work in this mission, I have vague memories of some screenshots from a couple of years ago, so thank you for your dedication and hard work and also for giving me a mission I enjoyed playing as much as I enjoyed walking around with my mouth open

it would have been nice to allow the user to enter via the door as well as by the sewer, I have a healthy distrust of bridges and climbed over the handrail but I couldn't open the door so I had to jump in the sewer but no big problem

good mission, just going to wait until it fades a little in my memory and have another go
    Last edited by Esme; 14th May 2007 at 10:43. Reason: I seem to have lost the ability to spell small words

Quote Originally Posted by Esme View Post
    ... I have vague memories of some screenshots from a couple of years ago ...
    Me too. I remember a screenshot showing the outside of a factory with chimney stacks on top of a big building and when i played this FM i expected to be able to see the entire factory from the outside, like when you can see and move around the entire Cathedral in Keeper of the Prophecies. That would have been cool, but i can see now impossible to implement.

I think I must have bust a script somewhere, I defused all seven bombs but the objective didn't tick off and I couldn't exit, I even went back and checked they were definitely done, but no joy
    Schattengilde reported the same problem in the german ttlg.de forum, so maybe it's a real bug? The only problem I had with objectives while "testing" (only played it once so far to see if the translation fits) was an unchecking optional objective, but I think Lord Alan was able to fix that.

Clearinghouse
    Quote Originally Posted by snowcap21 View Post
    Schattengilde reported the same problem in the german ttlg.de forum, so maybe it's a real bug? The only problem I had with objectives while "testing" (only played it once so far to see if the translation fits) was an unchecking optional objective, but I think Lord Alan was able to fix that.
    Yes. Nomad reported the same problem in the russian forum.

I also had this problem during the beta. However, I was the only person in the group that had the problem (and the mission was completed successfully many times by the group).

I experienced it once on Thief level.

Finished! Wow!

I missed the loot objective and I think it was because I didn't get the jewels on the Eleman probes. Tried blasting with TNT arrows, no good. Anyone knock these things down?
    Last edited by Nightwalker; 14th May 2007 at 14:14.

canetoad You don't knock them down. You have to get very close to the jewel to grab it. Sometimes you have to climb onto a ledge, etc. and for others, you just have to position yourself at the point where the probe hits the lowest point in it's path.

IŽve the same problem, defused the bombs but the objective didnŽt tick off. Checked the bombs for two times, used the codes again, but.............nothing

For the rest a great mission with nice industrial textures and objects, excellent !

Quote Originally Posted by Nightwalker View Post
    canetoad You don't knock them down. You have to get very close to the jewel to grab it. Sometimes you have to climb onto a ledge, etc. and for others, you just have to position yourself at the point where the probe hits the lowest point in it's path.
    It's a real pain though, i am right up close, frobbing away like mad and i turn up empty handed.

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 ... LastLast