TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: T2 FM: Lord Alan's Factory (10 May 2007)

I gave up on a couple of them - they can be extremely tricky.

Nightwalker;
    Thanks, also for spoiler tags. I was too exhausted to think straight!

beginning

I am at the very beginning where I fell
    spoiler:
    from the bridge and ended up in a large open water area, I can't find any place to get out. Someone posted earlier about an arrow and the only one I see is where I first come out. I don't want spoiler, just the answer please.

LOL tafferjim...you don't want a spoiler, just the answer!

Quote Originally Posted by tafferjim View Post
    I am at the very beginning where I fell
    spoiler:
    from the bridge and ended up in a large open water area, I can't find any place to get out. Someone posted earlier about an arrow and the only one I see is where I first come out. I don't want spoiler, just the answer please.
    There's another opening in the wall with an arrow above it in the same area- you will know if it's the right opening because you won't have to dive underwater to get to it (if I remember right).

IIRC you swim forward and the 'exit' is an opening on your left

The probes

Quote Originally Posted by shadows View Post
    It's a real pain though, i am right up close, frobbing away like mad and i turn up empty handed.
    This was discussed during testing. The question was whether to increase the frob distance. The consensus was "no", because it is nice to have some challenges, which are mostly optional anyway.

It is a challenge, but it is not too difficult once you get the point.
    spoiler:
    You know the old surfing expression, "hang ten"? That is what you have to do, plus lean out, plus time it, plus avoid being hit.
    Pain, maybe. Tension builder, definitely.

Small very useful vocabulary for Lord Alan's Factory players:
    Awesome - Incredible - Outstanding - Great - Enjoyable - Amazing - Excellent.
    Do I forget anything ???

Quote Originally Posted by Aspirin View Post
    Small very useful vocabulary for Lord Alan's Factory players:
    Awesome - Incredible - Outstanding - Great - Enjoyable - Amazing - Excellent.
    Do I forget anything ???
    Big.

In the forward I wrote "...one of the grandest stages ever constructed for your amusement."

Not many other missions have made me just sit back and say WOW like Factory did.

Loot

This is a great mission but Ihave one problem, I am ready to boogie out of the factory but I'm a little short on loot.
    spoiler:
    Is there any way to get the gems from the towers with out getting killed?

Quote Originally Posted by Garrett's Landlord View Post
    This is a great mission but Ihave one problem, I am ready to boogie out of the factory but I'm a little short on loot.
    spoiler:
    Is there any way to get the gems from the towers with out getting killed?
    You mean the towers that you can only get into via the 4321 lift? I don't think those are stealable.

There's loot tucked in all over the place so it's easy to miss a bit here and there. I have a loot list that I can send to anyone who wants it.

All of the loot is in plain sight if you are near it. Nothing is tucked into really obscure places, high on ledges, out of sight, hard to see, etc. The problem is, there are so many areas to explore it is easy to miss some.

As for Garrett's Landlord's question:
    spoiler:
    the gems on the four eleman controllers (or whatever they are) in the Elemental Management area are part of the machinery.
    Guess what happens when you mess with the machinery?

How do u get to water systems?

Quote Originally Posted by john-the-begger View Post
    Where are you now?

Quote Originally Posted by cardia1 View Post
    This is the biggest factory i ever been , and full of new objects that completes the architecture, in my opinion Andrea is one of the best dromed artists , just one problem on this fm, the gamespeed is somehow a little bit slow, specially wheni look to those machines working or when i look above to high distances, does this happens to anyone else
    this will be down to the graphics card you have unfortunatley - you'll need more powerful card.

I didnt think such large FM's were possible in Dromed..? LordAlan - how did you manage that..?

biker

I experienced only the tiniest bit of slowdown in some areas and I'm using an old Ti4200 video card. How he managed to do this is beyond me but I spent a LOT of time during testing just wandering around with my mouth hanging open, marveling at the machinery and the views from the upper towers.

Quote Originally Posted by john-the-begger View Post
    When you first arrive inside the factory, one of the first things you see (so it's not really a spoiler) is a passage to the water systems, with a notice that says that the passage will be closed until it opens at midnight. You could wait (well, do other things) until after that time and then you can just take that passage (again, right near the place where you first entered the factory from the water tunnel, just below the fire system).

Edit: See Nightwalker's post, 4th down from this one, that adds another way you could go that I forgot about, and doesn't involve waiting.
    Last edited by demagogue; 16th May 2007 at 14:05.

Hail Lord Alan!

This has got to be one of my top 5 best FMs. Did anyone else get reminded of the scene in the film: "Forbidden Planet" of the inside of the Krell Machine?
    I am nearly finished but need to find the way to the
    spoiler:
    upper catwalks in several areas
    Any clues/help would be appreciated. Thought I had been everywhere but must have missed a ladder or door somewhere. Also never found the key to the Chief Engineer's office. I had to cheat to get in there. Where exactly is it?

Thanks to all. . .

Your two problems are connected. They've been answered in this thread, but it's long so here they are again:

The key to the chief engineer's office is on the engineer himself. To find out where he is, and how to get to him, visit the office in the Turbine Area and read everything you can find. It will tell you everything you need to know. Read this post if you still need help.

As for the way to the upper catwalks, this is assuming you're already found the passage to the catwalks in the chief engineer's office. The upper levels are connected to the lower catwalks by a passage with a ladder in the SW side of Settling and Storage. I think that's right. This post is where it comes from.
    Last edited by demagogue; 16th May 2007 at 12:49.

Quote Originally Posted by frederick View Post
    Did anyone else get reminded of the scene in the film: "Forbidden Planet" of the inside of the Krell Machine?
    But the Krell Machine was MASSIVE! Even bigger then this factory, the walkways stretched for miles! But i can see where you're coming from. I was reminded of Half Life. Since you have to travel through underground industrial areas with machinery and it's just grey walls with not a soul around.

There's no need to wait until the the gates open to get down to the Water and Earth systems. There's a lever in the first guard station you see after you get out of the water. Pull it (Switch 5599) and proceed down the hallway. You can either take the elevator up (at the top you'll find another Switch for Door #5599) or climb the ladders. If you climb the ladders, you can mantle up onto the metal ramps that lead all the way up to the spot where the elevator stops. Instead of going up the ramps, walk along the hallway (which used to be blocked by a door before you pulled the switch) and you'll find a ladder. Climb down it and all the other ladders and you'll find a way into the Water System. Once you're in it, you can find another ladder that will take you all the way down into the Earth system. (Of course, if you ride Elevator 8009 to the top, you'll have to walk down the metal ramps to get to the hallway I mentioned above.)

Technical Problem with Factory

Is anyone else getting the message from Garrettloader that it doesn't recognize this zip file as an FM? This FM and Trial by Night (one of my old favorites) are both getting this error message.

Administrator
    You could just use DarkLoader for those Alxanth. GL has been known to be a bit flaky.

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast