TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: T2 FM: Lord Alan's Factory (10 May 2007)

I just started this FM, man I think I might take notes as to where I am going, where I've been, what levers to pull, make my own map! :P

Quote Originally Posted by BrokenArts View Post
    I just started this FM, man I think I might take notes as to where I am going, where I've been, what levers to pull, make my own map! :P

You can take notes right on the maps. Just click on the location you want to start making a note and type. Whatever you type will be saved

Quote Originally Posted by Lightningline View Post
    You can take notes right on the maps. Just click on the location you want to start making a note and type. Whatever you type will be saved
    I totally forgot about being able to type directly onto the maps, thank you!
    This place is friggin huge. O_o

Hmmm, I haven't reloaded Darkloader since I started running the XP platform...any compatibility issues as far as any of you know?

Would someone please give me a spoiler regarding where to find the hand? I'm tired of looking at firelit catwalks. Well, okay, not tired, because it looks awesome, but just tell me because I've got all the other objectives and I don't want to leave without that hand and I'm lazy and yeah I really ramble when I'm trying to post and watch Scrubs at the same time.

The Hand is not an objective so it's not necessary to find it. Check on Fire Level 2, I think it is. The one where there's a Builder's Scripture sitting on a pedestal. Right behind it is banner. Frob it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightwalker View Post
    The Hand is not an objective so it's not necessary to find it.
    Thanks! I just tried to explain to my friend that you are the patron saint-ess of all Thief missions. He gave me a polite smile and a nod and a "wow, antialias went to McCrazy's and got the supersized Crazy Meal with extra cheese" look.

So now I have 6 out of 7 secrets and 6 out of 9 hidden objectives. Should I keep searching, or just finish the mission and watch reruns of Heroes? Decisions decisions!

write on maps?!!

What!? You can write on Maps?!! Just when you think you know every trick in this game someone chimes in with something new. Amazing... and I'm still hitting myself for not discovering the lean forward/blackjack trick on my own!

Quote Originally Posted by Alxanth View Post
    Hmmm, I haven't reloaded Darkloader since I started running the XP platform...any compatibility issues as far as any of you know?
    No problem with Win XP. I even don't use compatibility mode... DL version 4.2.

I love the main title theme and how it evokes the sounds of lumbering machinery. I even hum it when I'm not playing the mission.

Its up to 4.3 last I heard. Thats what I use 4.3.

Secrets

Having just completed this really awesome mission (the musical interludes and huge areas - as well as the industrial feel were reminiscient for me of Half-Life) with 6 of 7 secrets, I'll pass 'em along (in the order you'll likely encounter them in the mission):

#1 - In the elevator shaft 8009, drop down at the bottom, and take the ladder up on the west side of the elevator shaft. Go in the crawlway at the top, take a right, take rights into crawlways at the next two rooms, go to the end of the crawlway, and find a chest in the next room.

#2 - In the water area (thru door 5599 and down), once down the ladder into the water area catwalks, go down one level via the east or west stairways, go to the enclosed area on the north side (same place you climbed down earlier, one level below), and enter an opening at the north end of the enclosure. Take two ladders down and go through a door at the bottom to a chest.

#3 - At elevator 5008, take the ramp, not the elevator, and look for an exit on the southeast side of the elevator/ramp to door 2288; go through that door; go to south side of the main room; frob the Hammer banner you find there. (This is the Hand of St. Fera area.)

#4 - As you're entering area 7 (administration), there's a pretty staircase at the middle as you enter. Go UNDER the staircase (straight back from the scriptures talking about "Build and Destroy") then go left and look at the back of the left staircase. There's a small safe for you to open that contains a slow-fall potion, among other things.

#5 - In Alan's Office (thru door 0077), face the desk from the back, and on the right side of the desk, look for a button. (There's a button on the left side of the desk that opens/closes door 0077.) This moves a pedestal behind you and to your left, revealing a secret area.

#6 - In the secret area revealed by #5, go to the center "altar"/pedestal where there's a hammer. Move the hammer. Go behind the pedestal and look for a button on the back side of the pedestal. Pressing this moves the plaque on the pedestal, revealing a hammer that you can take as loot.

Anyone find secret #7?

Also, it claims 9 hidden objectives when you finish the mission - I only found 6, which are:

Defuse seven bombs
    Read eight scriptures
    Write a message to Lord Alan after you succeed
    2500 loot
    2 secrets
    No kills

Anyone find the other three?

Also, out of curiousity, although you don't need it to finish the mission or access the earth area, where is the key to elevator 0009?

- prjames

Quote Originally Posted by prjames View Post
    Anyone find the other three?
    Have you
    spoiler:
    explored 90% or more of the factory?

Quote Originally Posted by antialias View Post
    Have you
    spoiler:
    explored 90% or more of the factory?
    Yes, I did - it didn't trigger anything new when that checked off and that goal is not itself a "hidden" goal.

- prjames

The Hidden objectives vary a bit, depending on difficulty setting. You must be playing on Tips, judging by the number of Builder's Scriptures and loot. One you're missing is No KO's so far. Keep it that way to the end of the mission.

Another is for finding all the loot. and the third is for finding all the secrets.

The secret you're missing is a chest beside Tank #1214 in Storage and Settling. (I think that's what it's called.)

Hidden objectives (again)

A while back I posted an image showing all 10 hidden objectives in Timed skill. There is one less in Thief, as explained.

Check here.

I still have two bombs to deactivate: #7437 (fire section) and #9737 (top towers: elemental). From what I can see, the only way to get to the elemental top towers is via lift #4321. Where is it? I found a shaft earlier that I believe was labeled 4321 and a red button; pushed the button, but nothing happened. I'm in Administration at the moment.

And do the upper catwalks give you access to the fire section where #7437 bomb is located? I couldn't find a way to get there.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Dia View Post
    I still have two bombs to deactivate: #7437 (fire section) and #9737 (top towers: elemental). From what I can see, the only way to get to the elemental top towers is via lift #4321. Where is it? I found a shaft earlier that I believe was labeled 4321 and a red button; pushed the button, but nothing happened. I'm in Administration at the moment.

And do the upper catwalks give you access to the fire section where #7437 bomb is located? I couldn't find a way to get there.

Thanks.

You can get lift #4321 at three different places. Two are accessible. All the way at the bottom "Earth 0" (Where the engineer is found that area) and at "Air 0" in the center. (Where you find the arrows, arrow heads, mines etc..)

Now if you push the button it may take a few to many minutes for the elevator to get there. It doesnt move very fast and it has a LONG way to travel.

HTH

Utterly brill !

Wow ! the atmosphere, the music, the complexity, the cool ending. Thanx
    PLEASE say you'll let us back into Lord Alan's world someday... we can wait.

Clearly there is much to admire in this one and I can only reiterate the praise offered by earlier posters. However it is just a tad frustrating when you get lost. You could spend half your life wandering aimlessly around in this factory.

Anyway, with this in mind (and I'm obviously being a bit dense) I can't locate either the water level bomb or the elemental towers bomb. Can someone point me in the right direction for both.

Many thanks.... I need a rest.

Water Level Device - Enter room 3399 on the lowest water platform. Climb the ladders up the side of the machine to the very top to find the device.

Elemental Towers Device - Take Elevator 4321 to the very top level. Enter Room #0330 and you'll find the device sitting in one of the back corners.

An Absolutely Astounding Masterpiece!

THIEF IS ART

I must have wandered in blind orbits for at least 5 hours, until things started to fall in place! I have enough to leave, but I'm going for the extra bonuses!

Besides, I forgot where I found what I assumed is the exit, anyway!

I just wanted to thank you for what is truly going to be known as one of the very best missions ever made.
    Last edited by Brooklyn; 19th May 2007 at 00:50. Reason: I messed up the HTML Quote deal.

This is the meanest, the maddest, the biggest, the baddest, the HOME BUCK WILEYEST missions EVAR!!!!

*clears throat*

ok now with that done, i just defused the bomb in the water system.... how do I get outta here?

Great mission. I felt a bit lost at the beginning, but once I figured out how to climb to the fire level, it was all systems go. I certainly appreciated the map and the factory manuals.

I want to know about one detail: where was the key for 2200 on Thief? I forgot, which is kind of inconvenient because I spent a half-hour running around looking for a key I already had. Stupid thief.

Congrats to Lord Alan on a great experience!

Gripper After 00:00 Factory time, the gates blocking the water system from the rest of the factory open. If you've gotten done earlier than that, you can go back up to the highest Water platform and find the ladders you climbed down in the first place. That will take you back to the hallway off of the metal ramps that lead up to the Fire levels.

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112 ... LastLast