TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213 LastLast

Thread: T2 FM: Lord Alan's Factory (10 May 2007)

Thanks very much for an enjoyable mission! I've had two weekends of fun with this one.

Clearinghouse
    http://www.keepofmetalandgold.com/ko...ansFactory.wmv little video in place of taking screenshots (15,9 Mb).

Very nice vid...that was an interesting point of view! LOL

What's the vid showing? someone playing through the mission?... or just location shots...

Pretty quick survey of location shots. It's nice, though.
    The way it ends was something that tempted me while I was playing, too.

Actually I don't know if got fixed/changed but in beta testing you could hurl yourself down the whole lenght of the shaft with a good chance of survival if the elevator was at the bottom. (About a 900 unit drop! )

My curiousity got the better of me, so i downloaded it. Not bad. Though a bit too dark, i had to turn off all lights, max out my brightness and maximise the video to watch it.

I noticed how komag dropped his mines drop the central shaft. I was at the top of the central shaft and dropped my scouting orb down there, waited a few minutes for it to arrive and no orb vision. I dropped my second orb, same thing. I went down to check and couldn't find my orbs anywhere... what happened? perhaps the orbs were too far away to transmit?!

I know the orbs receive bash stims so that they're damaged when you throw them around too hard or too much. You can notice by the cracks that appear over time. They probably just got slayed because you basically obliterated them with damage from a drop like that. That's my guess.

oh, and all along i thought scouting orbs were indestructable!

catwalks

hi guys,
    I have some problems,i can not find the way that i can use this catwalks.Im now in air system upstairs,i see catwalks over me but i cant find the right way.Also i found the letter with description where is all of these bombs.
    spoiler:
    But i found only 3 of 7?

Quote Originally Posted by jmmisenka View Post
    hi guys,
    I have some problems,i can not find the way that i can use this catwalks.Im now in air system upstairs,i see catwalks over me but i cant find the right way.Also i found the letter with description where is all of these bombs.
    spoiler:
    But i found only 3 of 7?
    Those walkways are only accessible via lift 4321. Visit office 2200 to get the key. Check your maps careful to match the locations of the devices, or IIRC you will find a set of maps in office 1177 with even more exact locations pinpointing where the devices are. The key for office 1177 is also in office 2200.
    Last edited by shadows; 23rd May 2007 at 03:36.

Administrator
    It's interesting so far, particularly the big machines. The darkness is a bit of a problem for me - perhaps it's just my monitor, which seems to have poor contrast, but once brightness/gamma is turned up the dark bits don't seem very dark. Must compare it against some other missions...

Quote Originally Posted by shadows View Post
    Those walkways are only accessible via lift 4321. Visit office 2200 to get the key. Check your maps careful to match the locations of the devices, or IIRC you will find a set of maps in office 1177 with even more exact locations pinpointing where the devices are. The key for office 1177 is also in office 2200.
    Not quite true.

There is only 1 device that you need to use elevator 4321 to get to. The others that are on the walkways can be accessed by following the metal walkways outside of the big green door in Harcant's Admin. office. There is one device on the water level, one on Fire level 1, one in the Elemental Management towers (this is one accessed by elevator 4321) and the rest are all on the catwalks. To get to the Air level catwalks, just follow the pathway of catwalks and connecting passageways to the far end where you'll find a ladder that leads up to them. Did you pick up the maps in Harcant's office? They pretty much show you where you need to look for the devices.

catwalks

yeahh,
    spoiler:
    i was downstairs in room 2200,i found him hanging over me,after i read everything in this room i found the key from ing. room(1177?) a this key for elevator 4321.
    After this i saw everywhere flowers(green)and when i found in tower this bomb came this guys and shoot some blue things.I must find 1 in TANKS,1 in TURBINE and 1 under the tower?

Quote Originally Posted by Nightwalker View Post
    Gripper After 00:00 Factory time, the gates blocking the water system from the rest of the factory open. If you've gotten done earlier than that, you can go back up to the highest Water platform and find the ladders you climbed down in the first place. That will take you back to the hallway off of the metal ramps that lead up to the Fire levels.
    Okay; I'm on the top Fire level and the clocks don't read 00:00 yet - how do I get outta here please? I've finished the main objectives and after 4 hrs. of play time I'm ready to leave now.

Don't get me wrong! This was a thoroughly enjoyable FM and everything about it was topnotch! It's just time to move on. (You understand: too much of a good thing & all that.) Maybe I'll come back at a later date & see if I can complete all the optional objectives (only completed two of those).

Thanks in advance.

You're not under any time restrictions on Timed difficulty once you've completed the objective to disable the devices so there's no rush, Dia. To get out head back to the area outside of the Administration offices and look for a door over in the far corner. There's another exit but this is the easiest to describe and find.

I am nearly finished but need to find the way to and/or the upper catwalks in three areas: superior zone of the turbines, roof of the Air System, superior zone of the Treatments physicists and chemists.

Thanks in advance.

@Angelot....
    spoiler:
    All the upper catwalks are accessed via the engineer's office in the administration section. If I remember correctly there is a secret door in there that you have to find. Follow your nose without back tracking to find the bulk of the devices...the mission gets liner at this point but that's a good thing in this case.

Slyfoxx got it right except for the secret door thing. It's a big, green warehouse type door that's impossible to miss.
    Last edited by Nightwalker; 24th May 2007 at 12:52.

Damnation to me! I had seen that door, but I didn't have the key. When I have gotten the key, I have forgotten the door!

Thanks a lot, friends!

Clearinghouse
    Assotiation with Lord Alan's Factory.

Are there any good links for downloading outside of USA and Europe ?
    The posted links are either 404's (Thief Circle, Filefront), or dl at 11k per second (Rapidshare, Southquarter) and in the case of Megaupload, it refuses to let me have the file unless I install their toolbar.

It's no fun trying to download Thief stuff when you live in China :-)

Clearinghouse
    Last edited by clearing; 25th May 2007 at 05:13.

Finally finished this one (a little over 2 hrs. and thanks Nightwalker ) and have to say it really is a great FM. Graphics & sound were very good and once I got my bearings I wasn't so prone to get lost (well, not as hopelessly as in the beginning).

Thanks to Lord Alan and all who helped in creating a super FM!

*settles down to await the next Lord Alan episode*

Quote Originally Posted by Dia View Post
    Finally finished this one (a little over 2 hrs. and thanks Nightwalker )
    Two hours! Wow. You must have been tearing through there. With a great deal of experience (not getting lost at all), my fastest time is about 1:30. Usually I can do it in 2:30, taking my time. In my first play through it was more 6:00. My suggestion is to play it again, take your time, try riding the drill pipe, etc., go for all the secrets and loot, and read all the notes and builder's scriptures. Timed skill would be a good option for you.

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213 LastLast