TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: MOH Contest Mission:The Island of Madness June 3/07

1870 loots so far and a map. But no freaking sword or bow. Hey, some of us need more help here!

I answered this here

Yes but to do that, I need the rope arrows, and to get the ropearrows I need to access the fortress which I still haven't done.

Kaleid:
    spoiler:
    Just go to the temple, look out for a trapdoor, jump in and follow the underwater tunnel.

I went straight from where I have started, not by the city but the other place. There is no statue or stand with fire. I have been all around this map and there is no stand, no statues anywhere. The only stand I saw was one in a tower thing by the water and round stone steps, but there is no statue, I do not find it here nor there, I do not find it anywhere. There is no statue.

This screenshot proves there is:
    Quote Originally Posted by clearing View Post
    Sticky Fingers, this here.

haven't seen anything like that anywhere, sorry but doesn't ring a bell...

Quote Originally Posted by Gripper View Post
    haven't seen anything like that anywhere, sorry but doesn't ring a bell...
    Right at the start of the mission, keep hanging to your right and you'll end up there. Suggest starting a new game just to find out where it is and then loading back to where you were.
    Last edited by shadows; 12th Jun 2007 at 11:40.

Was there a clue
    spoiler:
    as to how to open the crypt with the arrow?

Got to agree with the consensus here. The first part was nicely done, very atmospheric and a lot of fun exploring the ruins. The tomb was good but a little predictable and the ending... well a bit of a mess!

The first part was very playable but extremely difficult and without this thread I would have given up after half an hour. I don't know if I missed important clues but I was floundering very early on. The temple also did not appear to be in the north as the map indicated but perhaps I misunderstood.

Was it horrifying? Well no more than any other thief level so I suppose it should be marked down for that.
    spoiler:

The ending was a mess and needs re-doing. My fire arrows were reusable (death stage 12?) which allowed me to kill one of the beasts and then the other one kindly fell in the pond. The shield remained but you could walk through it and back stab the red thing which just stood there.

All in all a good effort which with a bit of revamping could be very good. On to number 2.

From reading this thread, I guess the reason I'm stuck is because I haven't found the rope arrows, but I have no idea where the temple is based on the map. Right now, I'm wandering around the bell tower, and one way goes into the crypt where the knife was hidden under the block, and the other way goes back to where the mission started.

Yeh I had to cheat to find it.
    spoiler:
    Go to the room where the rope arrow is hanging down. There is a passage way going to the temple in the next room.

Drysils Chosen, You'll find the rope arrows
    spoiler:
    in a "green" room in the fortress where you'll find a ladder. Climb up there. I think they call it a tower.

Gloria Creep
    There're angels who playThief and angels who don't ........ both go to heaven ............
    Dare to join .............

Quote Originally Posted by antialias View Post
    I have a tip on how to handle the ending.

spoiler:
    There are two shadow...beast...things...whatever. They are like treebeasts, but grey and transparent. If you're quick and agile, you can lure them after you one at a time and make them fall into the pool, neutralizing them as threats.
    Am I the only one here who has recognized that the end monsters are re-shaded rumblers from System Shock Two? Also, sorry for the necromancy but I really wanted to ask this question.

This was a really enjoyable FM for me. I didn't know you could kill the guards with an overhead swing, I just ghosted by them. The end battle was fun because you don't usually get those kind of things in Thief.

Great mission all in all!
    I really found the lightning to be very fitting; it was like late afternoon , early evening with all the sense of foreboding since
    spoiler:
    in some of the notes it is mentioned that the shadows come alive in the night
    Same with the music - very unsettling.
    I enjoyed exploring the ruined city, and at first - without equipment it was very creepy evading the enemies.

Didn't like the end part. I'm just no fan of having to go quake-style on some boss monster. But otherwise: fantastic mission.

Awesome mission! I enjoyed every bit of it . Somehow I did not need the fire arrows, I don't know why. At the end of the missions, the twin shadow beasts fell in the pool and kept fighting in the water . and the red one was pretty easy than I thought. Initially I was trying to kill it with the fire arrows most of which just passed through its body except one. So I reloaded and kept hitting on its backbone repeatedly with the sword and this finally killed the beast.

nice mission, lots of stealth until I found the weapons and then it was "undead must lose the 'un'", found this wierd easter egg by the colliseum, not sure if it was an easter egg as it was a scroll mentioning an easter egg hunt but I got it anyway the ending was wierd and needs a little workthe big red beastie just let me hack it to death after I dealt with the shadowy treebeasts hint - shoot 'em in the groin it ruins their day

I enjoyed it, one or two points made me jump but that was mainly because of a sudden loud noise rather than anything happening to garrett

No one seemed to answer the two posts about the graveyard. Is there a way up on top of the cliff area with the extra tombs?

Phil

i was 3 months without internet, and i am back and founded this fm in some folder of my hd, i remeber i played this fm before, was nice but in that time i was not regitered in this forum, who is the guy made this fm? it no have description

Quote Originally Posted by unreal_taffer View Post
    who is the guy made this fm? it no have description
    Because it was a contest FM. Author: nicked.

need some help please been through entire map i think and i cant find anything

where do i get broadhead arrows,i think that us the first thing i need,once i get that i think i can get my weapons and a rope arrow?

figured it out,
    Last edited by downwinder; 26th Sep 2010 at 02:13.

again help!

Iīm replaying this mission to see if i can finish this time, but again i got stuck is the same problem i just canīt find a way inside the kingīs tomb ...iīve found the map, a sword and a bow, now i just need to leave this island, what am i missing

Quote Originally Posted by cardia1 View Post
    i just canīt find a way inside the kingīs tomb ...iīve found the map, a sword and a bow, now i just need to leave this island, what am i missing
    Are you trying to enter a building which has a closed door, and some stone thing before it with a fire inside? In that case, you have to shoot a broadhead arrow through this fire first. This arrow should then be transformed in-flight into a fire arrow, which somehow opens the door. At least that's what my notes say (I think...).

If it is not transformed into a fire arrow, maybe a fire crystal appears near the hole in the stone-thingy.

EDIT: I just found Nameless Voice's good description of this problem near the beginning of the thread, here.
    Last edited by baeuchlein; 14th Mar 2011 at 11:44. Reason: Found original info by NV & added spoiler tags

Quote Originally Posted by baeuchlein View Post
    Are you trying to enter a building which has a closed door, and some stone thing before it with a fire inside? In that case, you have to shoot a broadhead arrow through this fire first. This arrow should then be transformed in-flight into a fire arrow, which somehow opens the door. At least that's what my notes say (I think...).

If it is not transformed into a fire arrow, maybe a fire crystal appears near the hole in the stone-thingy.

EDIT: I just found Nameless Voice's good description of this problem near the beginning of the thread, here.
    Thanks Baeuchlein, i donīt remember reading that clue in any scroll or book, anyaway i shooted several times to the fire untill i realized i had to shoot in a way that the arrow would cross the center the fire and hit the mage statue, finding the end of the mission was soon after this, so i finished

This is a nice mission Nicked, i love the atmosphere, the unreal 1 music and the Island

Quote Originally Posted by cardia1 View Post
    i donīt remember reading that clue in any scroll or book
    My notes say I only found one vague hint in a scroll. I don't even remember whether I figured it out on my own or had to visit the forums for that.