TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: MOH mission: The Dead of Winter June 3/2007

Gareth: What code did you enter? The one given in spoiler tags earlier in this thread is wrong. Get the code from the paper next to the corpse in the main courtyard. One digit is obscured, so you'll have to either guess it, or find some other means to read it.
    As for the garlic soup, you need to put it into the empty bomb case.

thanks - i eventually got the right code - finished now - cool mission.

Quote Originally Posted by Nameless Voice View Post
    The one given in spoiler tags earlier in this thread is wrong.
    Not exactly. The first digit of the code is different everytime, but the last 3 digits always stay the same. The author intended for the player to work out what the last 3 digits were cos' you can just make them out on the scroll, but you need to guess the first digit, which is a easy task.

The thing is you can apparently clean that scroll up, but that would mean the number on the scroll would have to change to give the correct code everytime the FM was played. I didn't know you could do that in DromEd!

Quote Originally Posted by shadows View Post
    I didn't know you could do that in DromEd!
    Of course you can. [/Generic answer]

The game has worked fine for me up to this point:
    Have the dungeon key and sewer key but as soon as I descend the ladder to the sewers, all my equipment and weapons disappear.
    Has this happened to anyone else? Is this a script problem? Help appreciated.

This is a clever and beautifully constructed FM. A little heavy on the keys, but I am enjoying it.

I have trouble at the "end", summoning the demon.. My problem is that, like some other players, he does not materialize for me. However, nothing that was mentioned previously in this thread works for me.
    spoiler:
    Those minions just keep circling and gesturing. The demon remains insubstantial. I can walk through him and stand on the spot where he materializes. I can see shadowy bits of him, but nothing else ever happens.
    I am pretty sure I have all the latest scripts. Any ideas?

Another thing is that my second objective, to find some help, is not checked off. I have done everything I can think of, such as start the beacon, etc. Is there something else?

I actually nipped around to the south side (facing it) for a couple of seconds, then returned to hiding behind an eastern pillar - although I doubt I needed to hide.
    Operating the beacon should tick that objective off - did you place the fuse-thing in before entering the numbers?
    Then again, this one is so linear, the demon may not manifest because that objective's not ticked off. Just a thought.

(Holy garlic bombs, Batman!)

smithpd

The same thing happened with me, until
    spoiler:
    I discovered that the main gate was now open and heard the conversation between the two brothers. When I went back to the hall the demon began to spawn.

reason for ending failure

I completed the mission by restarting at an earlier save. With help from an anonymous person, I figured out why the demon did not materialize for me. It has to do with failing to complete the second objective, to find help. To avoid my version of the problem, you should always complete the objective to find help before you activate the beacon. In my case, I failed to complete the "find help" objective because I killed the doctor before he could start his conversation. So, don't kill the doctor.

This was a very well crafted mission, and I had a lot of fun playing it. Thanks, anonymous.

I found a cool way to deal with the haunts at the beginning when the teleport goes wrong. While the other mechanists are fighting let the haunts chase you around, then the mechanists kill all of the haunts Worked fine for me

(Im not sure if anyone mentioned this yet, there is now 4 pages in this thread!)

Quote Originally Posted by Gripper View Post
    I found a cool way to deal with the haunts at the beginning when the teleport goes wrong. While the other mechanists are fighting let the haunts chase you around, then the mechanists kill all of the haunts Worked fine for me

(Im not sure if anyone mentioned this yet, there is now 4 pages in this thread!)
    Unfortunately sometimes the Haunts get the upper hand. Also i got the Haunts to chase me right pass the mechanists outside... and they sometimes don't even notice.

Having problems with Dead of Winter

Having problems:

SW tower gate never opens, have already activated beacon. Cannot find gatehouse key to raise gate.

have read you need to find help, have not done that yet. Is there a way to get these things taken care of without reloading from way back or starting over again?
    How do you find help? After what event/trigger?

LIke it alot, this fm.

Thank you.
    "To live in the light is to see everything, to live in the dark is to see everthing you missed in the light."

Having problems, correction

I found help, but have not found the reason/explananation as to why the portal failed.

this objective is all that is left to this point and the sw gates not opening.

dispatched all elemental? agents, skeleton archer, "tree nymph", fire-skirt wearing ghoul looking guy and tree-beast.

Anyone have a solid walkthrough that covers what works best and avoids breaking the game?

thank you,
    "To live in the light is to see everything, to live in the dark is to see everthing you missed in the light."

Safriend: At the top of the SE tower (the one in the bunkhouse where you start), there is a scroll labelled 'incriminating evidence'. Reading that will make the gate to the SW tower open. If you want a little humour, take it down there and stand in front of the gate to the SW tower before you read it, and watch the gates swing open the second you close the scroll.

If you didn't find the key to the SE tower yet, then it's on the floor in the dungeons under the infirmary, in the room with the steam vents.

Quote Originally Posted by Nameless Voice View Post
    Safriend: At the top of the SE tower (the one in the bunkhouse where you start), there is a scroll labelled 'incriminating evidence'. Reading that will make the gate to the SW tower open. If you want a little humour, take it down there and stand in front of the gate to the SW tower before you read it, and watch the gates swing open the second you close the scroll.
    Actually, that's not entirely true. As stated previously, if you haven't activated the radio in the NE tower you need to do that first. The author clearly intended that accessing the SW tower and the sequence of actions triggered by this is supposed to be done last among all the actions you do in this mission.

By the way, has anyone found all three secrets and is willing to divulge their locations? (I've found one, in the gate house second floor, a room just southwest.)

- prjames

Like Printer's devil I've got 4 keys and nowhere to go.

I have the chapel key you start with, the north chapel key, and 2 keys taken from dead mechanists - one in the chapel and one in the courtyard. I've been in the great hall and up to the third floor where there's a locked door. No more keys anywhere that I can find and I've sniffed around like a dog looking for one. I've tried every door and iron gate in the compound twice. Nothing budges.

I doubt I'll finish since based on this thread we have a key hunt of epic porportions, but I'll give it a try if someone can tell me what to do next.

To get behind that locked door upstairs, you need to climb along some rafters from a neighbouring room.

Quote Originally Posted by prjames View Post
    Actually, that's not entirely true. As stated previously, if you haven't activated the radio in the NE tower you need to do that first. The author clearly intended that accessing the SW tower and the sequence of actions triggered by this is supposed to be done last among all the actions you do in this mission.

By the way, has anyone found all three secrets and is willing to divulge their locations? (I've found one, in the gate house second floor, a room just southwest.)

- prjames
    Secret location:
    spoiler:
    There is a room with a mechanist who gives you a key to a room upstairs in the bunk house. Behind him is a loft area where if you look carefully you'll see a ladder in the back. It's a little hard to jump down to get to that area but you'll find some hidden weapons there.

BTW I liked the mission a lot!

Once you get the hang of looking for keys and things, it was a pretty cool mission!

Secrets:

Double bunk room upstairs:
    There is a hidden switch that activate the bookcase.

Kitchen:
    Go upstairs and look for a ladder in the corner. In there is a small cubbyhole containing goodies.

Water Tower? (I cant remember the name)
    That area above the main gates. In one of the rooms there, there is a another (I think) hidden switch.

I'm clearly a masochist since I continue to play this mission. Still, I want to see it through. I've got 16 keys. I have been in the NW and SE towers. How do I get into the NE tower? I got a feeling, just a hunch mind you, that it's another key I need. Where would it be?

glwalen: Have you activated the beacon yet?
    If so, then head back to the infirmarh, and on into the dungeon under it, where you will find the key to the SE tower.

Have I
    spoiler:
    activated the beacon? What beacon?
    I have noticed this mentioned throughout the thread. I have found no readables, nor have I seen anything closely resembling it. I've been in the
    spoiler:
    dungeon, found some mechanists who had just defeated some haunts, and found a key.
    But since the key goes on the keyring I don't know what it goes to.

I just said: the SE tower. It's in the bunkhouse near where you started.

And as I just said, I've been in the SE tower already. Found
    spoiler:
    a dead mechanist, a stove, a beaker over a small flame, lots of books one of which is readable, and I might have found a key but I don't remember.

Still no sight of or mention in any readable about a
    spoiler:
    beacon or activating a beacon.

I cannot access the SW tower or the NE tower. I have encountered
    spoiler:
    a woman in black and dealt with her. And I disposed of a skeleton archer.

I've checked every corpse and body part but there are no more keys and no more readables.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast