TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: MOH mission: The Dead of Winter June 3/2007

Did you talk to the survivors in the infirmary? They're the ones who tell you about the beacon. Also, the readable scroll in the tower with the beaker should open the gate to the SW tower.

I think one of the downsides of this mission is that you receive a key and you're told what it opens, but then it's easy to forget where it's suppose to go. I had to write down each key's description to keep track.

Perhaps each new key's description could be automatically written onto a scroll, like in that other FM, the name of which i can't remember right now.
    Last edited by shadows; 10th Jun 2007 at 11:49.

Quote Originally Posted by Nameless Voice View Post
    Did you talk to the survivors in the infirmary? They're the ones who tell you about the beacon. Also, the readable scroll in the tower with the beaker should open the gate to the SW tower.
    No, I did not talk to the survivors in the infirmary, or more appropriate, they did not talk to me. So nothing about a beacon from them. I'll go back and try to jar their memory.

As for the scroll in the SE tower with the beaker, I read it. Isn't it the incriminating evidence one? In any case, I've read every scroll I've found and the SW tower door is still locked. Like I said, I'll try the infirmary yet again.

Thanks for your help. Such a shame that such a goodlooking mission is nothing but a boring tedious key hunt.

EDIT: OK, I finished. I had to go back to the infirmary and stand there a while. (On my first visit the medic just stood there and shook.) Finally one of the medics spoke to me and gave me a key. Once I got that everything else worked.
    Last edited by glwhalen; 10th Jun 2007 at 13:08. Reason: My earlier problem now solved.

Under what circumstances might I find that the key ring does not work for me ? Is the FM not compatible with certain darkdlg or hook files ?

Whenever I have an FM with the key ring, it does not work for me - ie the corresponding door to a key I have collected still acts as if I am using the wrong key. The only solution I have is to use 'lockcheat', unless anyone else knows ?

The keyring relies on my custom script module, NVScript.osm.
    NVScript does not use any dark hooks.
    Darkdlgs.dll is only used for parts of the DromEd user interface; there is no way that can affect it.

Doesnt the FM come with your script ? I already have the latest version installed anyway, but no missions with keyrings have ever worked for me, so maybe I have a conflict with something ??

It should come with the script, yes.
    Are you using DarkLoader or GarrettLoader?
    Do you have NVScript v1.0.9, since v1.0.8 had a bug with the keyrings?
    There are other missions that use my keyring?

"The Folly of Youth" by The_Dude is using a keyring.

Did anyone find a sewer key?

You don't need it really but it would have made things a little easier getting around. Loved this one....great job.

I did find the sewer key, though it's only now that you mention it that I realised I never used it.
    Just loaded the game back up and had a look. The sewer seems to be a dead end. You can also get down there without a key by jumping down the toilet holes.

ew

Thats not the one i'm looking for, i need the one for the sewers under the infermary area.
    Last edited by maloo; 12th Jun 2007 at 12:10.

I've just gotten to the dining room, and tried to put out the torches - but the water arrows won't launch? they go about 6 'in game' inches then stop in midair, where I can pick them up again.

anyone else have this problem?

It should come with the script, yes.
    Are you using DarkLoader or GarrettLoader?
    Do you have NVScript v1.0.9, since v1.0.8 had a bug with the keyrings?
    I think I must NOT have the latest version of your script. I'll go and try and track down your latest version. Thanks :-)

Edit...
    I just visited the Nameless Tower, you only have NVScript v1.0.7 on there ??
    I just took the one from Thiefmissions.com/scripts incase that is the latest one ?
    Is there a definitive link for the latest script ?

I have Darkloader.
    Last edited by malau; 13th Jun 2007 at 00:56.

NVScript v1.0.9

The Nameless Tower has not been updated in a long time.
    It may say v1.0.7 on the page, but the file is v1.0.9.
    The one from Thiefmissions is quite out of date as I've been unable to get in touch with Epithumia for a long time.

Thanks NV.

Aside from some scripting "dare I say bugs"

I'd say this would be one of nicest in a long time, I only wish it could be longer.

Great fm

This fm is marvellous , i think i might have a clue who the author is, but i aint gonna tell it certanly.

Anyway im stuck on what i think is the last objective, how do i kill that taffer boss above the pentagram? shoot him all kind of ammo nothing, then went to the kitchen and pour the garlic and the water, nothing happened, try to use the empty laboratory bottle, but nothing, am i missing some script? is that what i need to kill that boss?

B.t.w. The ambient sound is great. I was plannig for so long to use it in one of my future mission , but thats ok ive got thousands of new ambient sounds

ive fogot to say, that ive already finished this mission thanks to nameless voice scripts, otherwise i would never be able to kill the boss.
    Last edited by Cardia; 19th Jun 2007 at 11:34.

Cardia1

I used one of the garlic bombs to kill him. I shot and he was gone.

Anyway im stuck on what i think is the last objective, how do i kill that taffer boss above the pentagram? shoot him all kind of ammo nothing, then went to the kitchen and pour the garlic and the water, nothing happened, try to use the empty laboratory bottle, but nothing, am i missing some script? is that what i need to kill that boss?
    spoiler:
    You need to add the holy water, the garlic and the empty casing to the saucepan.

It took a little while before I managed to get into it, but throroughly enjoyed it in the end. Something a bit different.

One problem with it (and maybe someone can help) is that it doesn't seem to uninstall very well. I get the graphics (front page, menu screens, compass) up from whenever I now try to load another mission and had a DoW letter forming the background to a book from another mission. How can I get rid of these?

Check the Thief Fan Missions FAQ, particulary the section named Clean up of files.

Can anyone help me find the bunkhouse key? I have read the incriminating scroll. Cannot find key! Thanls.

Vertical Contest Winner 2009
    the bunkhouse key was given to you by the cook in the kitchen before you access the gatehouse. if you have gotten to the incriminating scroll without going through the gatehouse you are in some amount of trouble in terms of the missions logic. head back to the kitchen and look for that key on the likely dead cook.

Thanks for quick reply. I just went back to a previous save right before entering kitchen. Cook gave me key, haunt appeared, I high tailed to bunkroom and key will not open door! Any suggestions?
    As far as gate house, are you referring to above the gate house? I did go out door above gate house and received key from guy outside who heads down to gate house saying something about a brother in trouble. Key was for one of the towers.

Sorry for any spoilers-I can't remember how to hide text. Key I got from cook opened door next to bunkroom leading to gate house controls. Stiil need that fuse! Help!!
    Last edited by Kaain; 23rd Jul 2007 at 01:20.

Vertical Contest Winner 2009
    okay, you must have done something funny then, the guy outside the gate can't appear until you go through the bunkhouse to the gatehouse because there is a bounds trigger there to start that guy up. only via some crazy roof climbing can i think of a way to get that tower key before getting the bunkhouse key. but if you are back on track.
    spoiler:
    the fuse is in the bunkhouse storage room, the key is near the hand of the mechanist in the northeast tower.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast