TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: MOH mission: The Dead of Winter June 3/2007

Think i may have donw something wrong...

I jumped down the toilet holes (as you do) and found
    spoiler:
    the sewer key
    but it doesn't seem to work and I can't get back out. Do I need to restart?

It's been a long time since I played this, but I seem to recall there being a ladder? And a lockbox next to the hatch above it?

I don't think that key opened anytihng else, either.

Vertical Contest Winner 2009
    you'll need the "privy key" to open the hatch, the key inside the sewer opens the gate inside the tunnels under the basement. the privy key is somewhere, and would be needed to get back out. however, that key you find in the sewer is not needed unless you are ghosting and wish to avoid a conflict by going through a gate.

OK, thanks, but I need more help please!

I've got 10 keys and my weapons, have just
    spoiler:
    been led down by a mechanist to aid an injured brother, then disposed of the haunt. Have been to the Kitchen and the wrecked room with 2 zombies. I haven't been to the dungeon or infirmary yet.

My keys don't seem to work in any remaining closed doors.
    Has anyone got a key location list?

A couple of things:
    1. With the keyring and so many keys, it is easy to forget which keys I have. The key descriptions cannot be recalled.
    2. I have found that there are a few non-vital items, like crates, zombie parts that once picked up cannot be dropped, so you need to re-load.

Quote Originally Posted by frobbin hood View Post
    2. I have found that there are a few non-vital items, like crates, zombie parts that once picked up cannot be dropped, so you need to re-load.
    Well, there's always the 'drop' button (i think the default is 'F')...

Spent hours searching for keys, with no luck. Going to give up on this one now.

Any Walk-thru for this mission yet ?

I really liked this mission so I'm gonna give it another try. The atmoshere & effects are cool & different :-)

I'm a trifle disappointed that my initial MacGyver-esque scheme to defeat the demon lord by detonating a couple of welding tanks with a fire arrow didn't work. I had to take careful note of the name of each key as it was added to the keyring so I'd know where to go next, but otherwise I have no real complaints about this mission. Even before I'd adequately armed myself, I was having fun luring baddies into side rooms and then locking them inside where they would trouble me no further. And the zombie fire trap down in the dungeon pleasantly reminded me of some of the more enjoyable moments from Half Life 2.

your welding tank plans should have worked, but i think you have to hit the tanks dead on, they are mega sized versions of the big bomb. another idiosyncratic error i should look at.

"Mega", you say? Hmmm ....

Can you recommend a minimum safe distance for detonation, or should I just start emptying a lead-lined fridge?

i would stay back in the archways and duck before you detonate them, i have killed myself being too close to them. you found both tanks then? i have one under a stairwell and another someplace i think. and i did intend them to be used exactly how you are using them. i left no clues about them figuring its almost an easter egg.

i thought this mission was quite good, frustrating at times but also rewarding and fun, and looked beautiful.

I am stuck not very far from the start. I have entered the chapel with the strange device, and a Mechanist talked to me, but I did not understand exactly what he said. I believe he wants me to step into the center of the portal device, which I did.

And then nothing happens.

I have looked around a bit but not found anything else, except for some healing potions and two sceptical Mechanists talking near the base of a staircase, but that was before I entered the chapel.

Do I have to do something else to get things started, or is this a bug?

Desperately Dodgy Moderator
    Sounds like a bug. After you enter the chapel, some events should quickly unfold and then all hell will break loose. Could be a custom script problem?

he wants you to turn the power on, the switch is in the south west corner on the power panel. after this i recommend hiding in a dark corner, if you've played half life or doom 3 you know that things are about to go very bad.

Desperately Dodgy Moderator
    Thanks Jason, I forgot you had to do that.

a note in this mission, be on the lookout for keys on the floor, you'll need them to advance. keys will often be found near the dead guy who was last carrying it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ottoj55 View Post
    he wants you to turn the power on, the switch is in the south west corner on the power panel.
    That explains why nothing happened. I'll look for it, then.

after this i recommend hiding in a dark corner, if you've played half life or doom 3 you know that things are about to go very bad.
    The shape of the portal device reminds me of Doom 3 as well, and since I read this thread looking for an answer, I can already imagine what's going to happen.

a note in this mission, be on the lookout for keys on the floor, you'll need them to advance. keys will often be found near the dead guy who was last carrying it.
    Thanks. I'll pick up my spectacles before I start, then.

By the way, nice snow effect there!

thanks, i thought that a winter theme was good for horror, and those effects are definitely doom 3 like, that style of survival horror was my inspiration.

Finally decided to finish off this one, however I am stuck. After going to the infirmary for the first time, the first objective gets ticked off, I get a new objective about going to the NE tower and I also get two new keys. Unfortunately the names of these new keys are not announced and neither work on the NE tower or any other locked doors. What am I missing?

Also, I unlocked the sewer gate in the cistern but didn't find anything useful behind it. I get two big unfrobbable doors and a ladder to go back up to the dungeons through the big metal grate. Is that normal?

I can't find the room with the steam pipes in the dungeon (for the SE tower key) nor any treebeasts. There are three rooms with gas pipes (one catches fire if I open the valve and hit it with arrow, but don't know what effect it has on the game), but no steam pipes. I don't have the key for the storeroom in the dungeons either. The dungeons are quite straightforward actually, I can't believe I'm missing so much in there. Either the treebeast and the key to SE tower and the steampipes are all in that storeroom, or there is another set of dungeons somewhere else.
    Last edited by Haplo; 1st May 2009 at 19:26. Reason: More info

The doctor gives one key, its a bug that you get two. Go to the n.e. tower next. You are supposed to send a radio message for help, once there the fuse to the machone is burned out, you need a replacement fuse. I can answer a little more completely later when i am at my pc.

Thanks for the answer. The key that the doctor gave me doesn't work on the NE tower. From what you told me, the doctor gives me the key for the door between infirmary and the courtyard, and the NE tower gate should open automatically, right? For me it doesn't open. I also noticed the conversation stops abruptly. The doctor says something like "They all went to the north-east tower to send the signal, I don't think they made it, g(CUT, I get the objective complete and new objectives here)". I tried to pick-pocket the key and then talk to the doctor but again the conversation ends abruptly there. Could this be why the NE tower gate doesn't open for me?

it could be. if you have a save point before the infirmary you should try it again. the problem of this mission is that you can't finish it if one part of the sequence is broken.

I need some help, as I'm stuck not far from the beginning. Here's what happened so far:

- Picked up the key in the starting room and used it to open the chapel.
    - Things happened in the chapel, and I picked up more keys there: one that spawned on the ground right in front of the door it opens, and two from dead bodies after the fight is over.
    - I went through the door to the Great Hall area. Made my way to the top floor. From the short corridor with the patrolling haunt, I moved into the first room on the right, picked up a key (which opens and closes the very same room), got into the rafters, moved into the neighboring room, picked up a key there as well (which opens the door of the very same room), then got out of the area.

And I'm totally stuck at this point. I cannot find any other keys, and all but two of the three keys I picked up in the chapel have already opened something and I doubt they're multi-purpose. For my two unused keys, I can't find any door or gate to open with them.

So please, tell me where I have to go and pick up a new key, or where I have to go and open a door with a key I already have. I'd like to finish this FM to see the pretty architecture and the tricks, but I hate key hunts, so I'd be grateful for a direct answer rather than hints. Thanks in advance!

In the "neighbouring room" there are TWO keys...

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast