TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: A Keeper's Betrayal Mar. 21/03

"A Keeper's Betrayal" finally released! (March, 2003)

Yes, that's right. The mission that I started about a year ago has finally been finished.

Description: Two nights ago, You were supposed to meet Keeper Troy at the docks. He was going to give you some important information about a problem regarding the First Keeper. When you got there, you saw that the City Watch had gotten there first. It seems that they had arrested Keeper Troy, so pay a visit to the local watch station and find out what happened to him.
    As the story unfolds, new objectives will appear.
    This mission will take you from the streets of the city, through a Mechanist temple and the city watch to a Keeper compound.

-You may download [B] A Keeper's Betrayal[color=red] Version 2.0 from these two links:
    http://www.thiefmissions.com/info.cgi?m=betrayal
    http://www.thief-thecircle.com/download.asp?fid=471
    In this version the loot bug and the climbing out the pipe problem have been fixed.

-A loot list by Nightwalker may be downloaded here.

Special Thanks to:

First of all, DerDok, for rewriting all my texts to create something readable and improving my story. Regretfully because of lack of time I had to leave out parts of the story he had modified.
    Anyway, if you find the story and texts in this mission interesting, you should give him a lot of the credit.
    Also, thanks to Silent_warrior, EmperorSteele and my brother for beta testing this mission. Without them this mission would have been extremely buggy.
    I also thank everybody at the TTLG Editor's guild who helped me by answering my questions.

I hope you enjoy it.

[Edit: The download links were old. I replaced them with valid ones. Special thanks to The Phantom for pointing this out.]

Playing it now, and it looks very nice so far

- schma

It's a real nice city mission, I like it especially the guard post,
    although sometimes I've got stuck in the safe door,
    anyway thanks for your good work theImmortalThief!

*downloading*

That's the special, patented Catch-a-Thief (TM) door fak, not a bug ;-) Took a lot of beta testing to get that just right!

Congrats on the release, ImmortalThief.

Dok

Just finished, and it was a great mission!

With the different locations, it never ever got dull or repetitive, keeping me in to the very end. Amazing that you got so much varied stuff into just one mission, and still managed to provide optional routes/strategies.

The atmosphere was superb, and everything felt "right".

One small "glitch" (just to balance it ) :
    spoiler:
    I managed to get up on "top of the world" by using a rope arrow from the small balcony vis-a-vis the inn. If you change the roof/beam texture from wood to something else above the small window there, you'll prevent this.

- schma

I have time to PLAY

DLing now.

A very nice mission and the city setting was well done. I only found one small um, feature:
    I couldn't climb out of the octagonal tube in the sewers (you know which one), I had to elevator out using apples...

Same thing happened to me!

(and after trying so hard to get IN! I felt so silly )

Sorry about that, Preno and Kfort. For some reason some people get stuck there while other's have no problem. Try standing back a few steps then running forward and jumping on the ledge and mantling up a step or two before reaching the ledge, instead of standing at the ledge and mantling.

Please excuse my rampaging ignorance..

but what version is this mission intended for?

Thief Gold or Thief 2?

It's for Thief 2.

I was having a REALLY hard time getting onto that tube too, I gave up and left, should i go back?

spoiler:
    I saw the arrows but is there more?

spoiler:
    There's only the arrows, so if you're having a hard time just give it up.

I fixed all the bugs mentioned so far (loot and climbing out the pipe) in Version2 which shall hopefully be released by tommorrow.

When you say onto the tube, I get the feeling you're trying to enter from the outside. There is another way (the intended one), which involves finding a secret somewhere

spoiler:
    Climb on to the roof of the arms dealer, and check the walls there.

If you mean from the inside of the tube, I mantled it easily enough by taking a step back, then doing a forward jump.

- schma

Keeper's Betrayal Question

Originally posted by schma
    When you say onto the tube, I get the feeling you're trying to enter from the outside. There is another way (the intended one), which involves finding a secret somewhere

spoiler:
    Climb on to the roof of the arms dealer, and check the walls there.

If you mean from the inside of the tube, I mantled it easily enough by taking a step back, then doing a forward jump.

- schma
    Hi, regarding the octagonal tube in the sewers with the water and moss arrows above... I thought I read somewhere that there is a secret passageway, which is on one of the walls (underwater?) in the square room? Supposed to be a key in there. Is this so? Cannot find it. Also, how do you get to the roof of the weapons shop? Noticed there is a switch up there but cannot figure out how to rope up or climb. The ambient or lighting in this FM throws me off sometimes. Short loot too so I must be missing something! Thanks.

Re: Keeper's Betrayal Question

Originally posted by war1today
    Hi, regarding the octagonal tube in the sewers with the water and moss arrows above... I thought I read somewhere that there is a secret passageway, which is on one of the walls (underwater?) in the square room? Supposed to be a key in there. Is this so? Cannot find it.
    When you enter the room through the sewer pipe, dive into the water and check the wall to your left. There is a shaft about in the middle of the wall. It's a bit hard to see, but you should be able to find it.
    spoiler:
    This underwater passage leads to a room where you'll find some stuff Keeper Troy left for you (message + a key).

Also, how do you get to the roof of the weapons shop? Noticed there is a switch up there but cannot figure out how to rope up or climb.
    Shoot a rope arrow into the top ledge of the weapons shop, climb up and mantle unto the roof from the rope.
    spoiler:
    The switch opens a secret passageway that will lead you back to the same sewer room, but inside the sentral octagonal tube, so you can reach the arrows.

- schma

(hope my english is clear enough to actually help you )

Originally posted by schma
    It's for Thief 2.
    ^.^ Good!

Thanks.

Her's a loot list made by Nightwalker for this mission. Hope this'll solve some of the problemsa until V2 comes out:
    A Keeper's betrayal -Loot list
    FM in Progress: Bane III
    Previous FMs: CoSaS III- THE NINE YEAR SLEEP (content released), Keep of Deceit, Cult of the Damned and A Keeper's Betrayal.

I'm stuck in Keeper's home. Would anybody know how to jump out of the strangely standing block of water onto the balcony beside it or have I been trying in vain all this time??

Great FM by the way. Congratulations, theImmortalThief!..

Glad you liked it, yrch.

Umm, you're stuck in that standing water tube? Well you shouldn't have much problem just going out the side, but an odd shape like that might cause problems, so how about starting from your last save and this time avoid jumping in there.
    FM in Progress: Bane III
    Previous FMs: CoSaS III- THE NINE YEAR SLEEP (content released), Keep of Deceit, Cult of the Damned and A Keeper's Betrayal.

well, to get to that balcony, where there is a ladder going up, don't i have to dive into that water tube and swim all the way to the top and then jump to the other side? by the way, i'm not stuck in the tube, i just can't make it to the other side by jumping out of the tube... or is there another way to reach there?
    Umm, you're stuck in that standing water tube? Well you shouldn't have much problem just going out the side, but an odd shape like that might cause problems, so how about starting from your last save and this time avoid jumping in there.
    i couldn't get which odd shape you were talking about. could you be a bit more clear, please?

Oh, you're doing it backwards. There is another way to the balcony.

SUPER SPOILER: (read at your own risk)

spoiler:
    In the first Keeper's office go to the corner of the room next to the bed, there is press plate on the ground. Step on it and it'll open the entrance to Bouran's office. Tear the banner on top of the fireplace.

i was going crazy, trying to climb up the tube all the way to the top and jump across. thanks for saving me.

Ergle?

Originally posted by theImmortalThief
    Oh, you're doing it backwards. There is another way to the balcony.

SUPER SPOILER: (read at your own risk)

spoiler:
    In the first Keeper's office go to the corner of the room next to the bed, there is press plate on the ground. Step on it and it'll open the entrance to Bouran's office. Tear the banner on top of the fireplace.
    I'm in that room, and the first thing I tried was:
    spoiler:
    to cut the banner above the fireplace. But it clangs like a metal door. So I've been looking around for a switch. Is this a bug?

Thanks!
    -M
    Your mileage may vary

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast