TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 32 1234561116212631 ... LastLast

Thread: Diablo 3

Diablo 3

Watch this Starcraft II interview carefully:
    http://www.gametrailers.com/player.p...pe=mov&pl=game
    Last edited by van HellSing; 1st Jul 2008 at 15:03. Reason: less retarded title

WTF Calm down

Didn't see what your were referring to.

The part where he says SC is his favourite franchise: http://img61.imageshack.us/img61/2895/diablo3gz0.jpg

Chakat sex pillow
    It's generally acknowledged that Blizzard North were working on Diablo III before the Blizzard North devs up and left to form Flagship Studios.

I wouldn't say that that poster is anything for anyone to blow their wad on right now - not until there's a solid announcement or teaser site for Diablo III from Blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Sulphur View Post
    It's generally acknowledged that Blizzard North were working on Diablo III before the Blizzard North devs up and left to form Flagship Studios.
    And while they can't make D3, they haven't forgotten the genre.

Quote Originally Posted by WingedKagouti View Post
    And while they can't make D3, they haven't forgotten the genre.
    Why is it online ;_;

Hellgate: London is single-player, I believe. And that actually looks sorta cool.

I havn't heard anything about hellgate london in a while, when's it due out? Also is it PC only or 360/ps3 too?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.WaeseL View Post
    Why is it online ;_;
    To test the network code being used for HG:L

*Coughs* Back ontopic, Diablo 3 would be a crap game. Diablo was good, but then in Diablo 2 they lost the plot of the game. And if they do, who are the big evil villains going to be this time? Diablo's parents?

didn't hear anything from hellgate ? well they released about 10 gameplay videos and dozens of screenshots the last month......i think it's still on track for a autumn release and it will feature a strong multiplayer with different subscription options for added content and guild-building. I think it looks and sounds ace. don't know if it's my kinda game but I think it will be top !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ailtar View Post
    Diablo's parents?
    I'm sure they can dig up a few more names for Satan. He's already been his own brother twice.
    Last edited by demagogue; 16th Jul 2007 at 16:22.

Sourpuss Gangsta
    Quote Originally Posted by Ailtar View Post
    *Coughs* Back ontopic, Diablo 3 would be a crap game. Diablo was good, but then in Diablo 2 they lost the plot of the game. And if they do, who are the big evil villains going to be this time? Diablo's parents?
    C'mon, don't you remember the end of 'Lord of Destruction'? The Worldstone, the skyscraper-sized mystic gem that barred demons from entering the world, got tainted by Baal and was destroyed by the archangel Tyrael. The world is now no longer protected from invasion by the forces of Hell. This not only sets the stage for the storyline of the sequel, it allows the developers to change the very type of game they make next. Can't you just see an online world set in the world of Sanctuary?

Blizzard had already announced World of Warcraft by the time I finished LoD, and my first thought after I was done was they had ended Diablo 2 in a way that led specifically to a future mmo set in the Diabloverse. A world under siege by demonic armies would be a ripe setting for an online rpg. They already have that in WoW, true, but Blizzard has made a killing by sticking with the tried-and-true and reusing established stories and I don't think they'd be adverse to a few million more subscribers.

Personally, I think a Diablo-themed mmo would kick uttermost ass. No more mallet-wielding punching-bag Paladins- "How would you like a nice big plate of ZEAL, Motherfucker?!?!". Imagine running an instance with a Necromancer, ALL BY YOURSELF (and an army of resurrected mobs). Barbarians wouldn't need to carry healing potions or food because they'd simply eat the hearts of their fallen enemies, as they did in the D2 beta. How does an entire guild of machine-gunning Bowazons sound to you? The possibilities are enormous.

As titillating as all that speculation is, however, Blizzard isn't exactly a trailblazer when it comes to game design, and they'll most likely make the Diablo sequel another 3rd-person action-adventure game (though in 3-D this time). If they do, the main quest would probably be to find/create a new Worldstone to repel the demon hordes. Some new character classes, a few more kingdoms to explore, improved graphics- BOOM! Another multi-million seller.

Good enough for me

The Alchemist
    Quote Originally Posted by oudeis
    ...Diablo-themed mmo...
    Yes....yesssss oh god yesss

Oh god no, not another $15/mo game

I'm surprised people can still get excited over an mmorpg.

Cuddly little misanthropic hate machine
    Quote Originally Posted by oudeis View Post
    Blizzard isn't exactly a trailblazer when it comes to game design
    ironically, diablo is their most original idea. everything else is a facsimile of games workshop's universes, just made more streamlined/less, er, crushing. (wrong word, but it's the only word that fits.)

Quote Originally Posted by dethtoll View Post
    ironically, diablo is their most original idea.
    And that's still just Rogue in real-time, with non-ASCII graphics and a different story.

Sourpuss Gangsta
    From Gamasutra by way of bluesnews
    July 13, 2007

E3 Exclusive: Blizzard Establishes Third Team, New Game Expected

Talking to Gamasutra, Frank Pearce, founding member and senior vice president of product development for Blizzard revealed that the company has a third team hard at work on a new title, separate from World of Warcraft and StarCraft II.

The comment came amid discussion of the company's current workforce. "Our global headcount is 2,700," said Pearce, "And most of that is customer service for World of Warcraft! In terms of development staff it’s probably around 350. World of Warcraft is about 135 people, 40 for Starcraft II, 40 for team 3, our cinematics team is about 85 guys. Then there’s sound and Q/A and that sort of thing."

When pressed for details regarding the new project, Pearce was cagey. "Team 3 is working on something really awesome. I can’t give you any hints, but it’s totally awesome."

All attempts to extract additional information were understandably met with looks of shock and horror from Blizzard's director of global public relations, who also attended the meeting.

Gamasutra was able to confirm that, in spite of Rob Pardo's comments at Hollywood and Games that they weren't giving up on StarCraft Ghost, this Blizzard project remains something different. With Blizzcon coming up in mere weeks, it's possible that additional information could be revealed at that time.

Quote Originally Posted by article by oudeis View Post
    our cinematics team is about 85 guys
    Hot damn! More than SC2 and Team 3 put together.

Clearinghouse

"If there's 6 pieces that could be linked to the word DIABLO, having also 6 letters.

Like someone posted here, D is the 4th letter of the alphabet and O is the 15th. The names of the hidden images have been 04.jpg and 15.jpg, corresponding the word DxxxxO.

Could this indicate the order the runes should be read? Like if the runes in the splash are "shael" and "hel", they could mean words "shall" and "hell". If the third rune is "fal", interpreted as "fall", you could have a phrase "hell shall fall" following the order of the hidden images, instead of "shall hell fall".
    http://www.games.lt/g/clubnews.comme...541.1?sev=page

Taking a break
    Jewish conspiracy! That's why I'm not a winner!

...oh wait what we're talking about.

Diablo 3 has all the potential to be awesome, I don't think it will be a MMO though. Even though it's ten times more fit to be one than Warcraft 3 was, running two MMOs would be too much for anyone.

The hype for this D3 thing is crazy, I actually don't believe anything will happen =o.