TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: A Love Story III - 15 June 2007

finished

thanks for this one John, i enjoyed a lot, and thank god ive manage to complete this mission, since i got stuck in of your two missions.

looking foward for more and hopefully easy-going

Quote Originally Posted by Dooh Nibor View Post
    Please help, I don't understand the
    spoiler:
    contractor
    objective, where is this guy?
    Rather at the beginning, you go into a shop where
    spoiler:
    a man is standing behind a counter. He has some tools lying around. Leave him alone ... Later you'll come back there to give him something .....

Gloria Creep
    There're angels who playThief and angels who don't ........ both go to heaven ............
    Dare to join .............

Dooh Nibor

hint: what might you find in the shop of someone who does home improvement?

outright spoiler:
    spoiler:
    It's the paganish guy rihght next to where you start

whoops, Gloria beat me

Even though the objective will tick off at that shop, you can still go back to Jenifer's house to see the work that was done.

i've got kind of a stupid question but where is this lamp that i'm supposed to find at the museum? i've looked in the museum and can't find one!

She-Thief

spoiler:
    It's on one of the walls.

okay thanx

just finished the mission! it took me about an hour! i really liked it! and there's going to be a love story four right? but anyways i really enjoyed it! the feel of going into the shops and other people around and the people didn't really freak out if they saw you! haha i didn't feel so isolated as a thief! great job!

As with the previous two Love Story FMs, I really enjoyed this one! Liked the fact that there was a lot of exploring to be done. There could have been more guards to keep you on your toes imho, but otherwise, as far as objectives, graphics, and plot this FM was very good. Had a lot of fun (the more I enjoy an FM, the longer I take to complete it - took a little over two hours for this one; wanted to make it last!). Thanks for your efforts and hard work, John; very much appreciated!

P.S. Loved the tribute to Nightwalker! But what was up with the ghost?

Thanks She-Thief & Dia. I'm not really sure what the ghost represents, but if you follow her path you will find something.

Where are the 2 secrets? Ay hint? Who and where is Will'o'Whisp?

1st secret: Look behind the turret where the garlic lady is; there's a short wall you can mantle. Follow the walk around the building, climb another short wall and you'll see kind of an alleyway with a pagan standing before a fire. (There's some loot to be had there also.

2nd secret: At the section of the village where the wooden walks are (upper level), watch the little ball of light that makes kind of a windchime sound (that's the Will o' the Wisp) as it travels back and forth between the shop that sells the water arrows & the butcher's shop. If you go inside the butcher's shop (the one with the small freezer) you'll see a ladder to the rear of the shop; climb the ladder, make your way to the small balcony until you're facing the the shop's porch overhang, drop down onto the small ledge beneath the balcony, jump over to the porch overhang, then jump over to the top stone ledge that has a bas-relief inset. The stone relief is frobbable and there's some more stuff to be had in there.

John; I followed the ghost to a raised metal walkway, but there wasn't anything to find other than the walkway. Is there an Easter-egg there?
    Last edited by Dia; 18th Jun 2007 at 08:51.

I think thou must follow her
    spoiler:
    through the door and watch the fountain.

Nice mission! I loved the city layout-makes my current attempts look like a series of square boxes, but I'll be studying this mission closely! Great story and
    spoiler:
    no poo!

Thanks for a great fm

I'm short about 1000 in loot, guess ill have to go back and look around for more.

Thanks

By the way where is the fish guy?
    Last edited by maloo; 18th Jun 2007 at 13:50.

How is it the player arm suddenly disappears when blocking with the sword or rising the blackjack?

Quote Originally Posted by SinisterShadow View Post
    How is it the player arm suddenly disappears when blocking with the sword or rising the blackjack?
    That may be a small aftereffect of modifying the motion database. Once you uninstall the mission your motions will return to normal.

Dia

There is something up there, but it isn't an easter egg. Look closely at the trees.

Thanks JewelThief. There's no poo or related AI. You may have noticed that none of them are in this mission. I had another mission about what happened to them, but I figured everyone here had enough of that idiot. Just let it be known that there are no more anywhere.

Maloo, what fish guy? The fish monger is not open yet. If you are asking why no one is in the fish monger working or sleeping, well maybe he is one of the Thief's playing poker below the SE pub.]
    Last edited by Nightwalker; 18th Jun 2007 at 20:30. Reason: fixed spoiler cover

I've finished most of the level, except for 2 objectives:
    spoiler:

Where do I get the bottle of champagne from...the bottle that I have to leave in Jenny's house?

and
    spoiler:

where do I find info about John's disappearance?

Champaign
    spoiler:
    Across from the fishing tower there is a fairly narrow ramp. Go up it, through the door and hang a quick left. Thats the bar. The bartender will tell you you need to get him a painting in exchange for some champaign.

The painting
    spoiler:
    is downstairs in the museum behind a door. You need to take it and place it on the wall across from the bartender. A red champaign bottle will then appear on the bar.

John
    spoiler:
    by the fishing tower there is blood on the ground, look up and find a diary on the windowsil, you can also mantle up in the same window and you are on your way. Just try to go through the seemingly un openable window

I am somewhat irritated with the thing lately that propels FM authors into making places that look like a wall or window that the player can just walkthrough. Especially with no hints. I would have never found some of these walkthrough walls if not for the forum and I am sure there is othere who feel the same way.
    Last edited by Lightningline; 19th Jun 2007 at 00:37.

thanks a lot Lightningline....I would've never completed the last objective on my own cause I've never seen a level where you can
    spoiler:
    go through a solid looking window

John

I found the fish place finally, I just had a smoothie and a couple of dounuts and im good to go to find the last of the loot.

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMm dounuts.

Quote Originally Posted by john9818a View Post
    ...There is something up there, but it isn't an easter egg. Look closely at the trees....
    I stared at those taffin trees for aaaaaaaaaages before I saw it

and that window is a royal pain to get through even when it's open, I think the bloodstain may be stopping people

Darnit Esme, don't hold back - what did you see? 'Cos I'm going crosseyed.

Love this mission........best of the 3 .

Love the lady changing clothes , the balloons ( amazing how high
    they can go ) , the picture / champagne exchange , the house and
    garden with the work done , and many other details.

Thank you John.

But !!!......I am standing on this window ledge......and I can't get
    through...........I can lean in , but no entry. I've even tried sword
    and blackjack.

Please..........I * have * to know where John is !?!?? Thank you.