TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: A Love Story III - 15 June 2007

Quote Originally Posted by nickie View Post
    Darnit Esme, don't hold back - what did you see? 'Cos I'm going crosseyed.
    go stand on the metal crosswalk and look

hint you may have to lean out a little

outright spoiler there's a mask in the branches between the two trees

good mission I enjoyed it, is there any way through the metal gate opposite the bank ?

Success

You're a star - thanks.

And after that -
    spoiler:
    got it. I definitely need to grow a few inches!

And the only other thing that puzzles me is the loot total. Onscreen says 1017. Stats say 4913. An oddity.
    Last edited by nickie; 19th Jun 2007 at 14:46.

Quote Originally Posted by NAC View Post
    ... But !!!......I am standing on this window ledge......and I can't get ...
    I had a lot of trouble with it too, try leaning through then when you can see the other side press run while still leaning

Thank you for the quick response

And....as always!!!.... right after I posted , I got through the window !!!
    By mistake !! Up on the ledge , I moved to the left , and
    leaned in . If you look to the right , you can * just * see the red
    tip of a lever .................* use * and the window opens !!!!

So sneaky........but such fun.

Thanks again........Nancy

Quote Originally Posted by Lightningline View Post
    I am somewhat irritated with the thing lately that propels FM authors into making places that look like a wall or window that the player can just walkthrough. Especially with no hints. I would have never found some of these walkthrough walls if not for the forum and I am sure there is othere who feel the same way.
    There's no reason to be irritated here. It was just an oversight on my part. I didn't realize that the player could just walk through the window.

Quote Originally Posted by Esme View Post
    good mission I enjoyed it, is there any way through the metal gate opposite the bank ?
    No, but I'm surprised no one has figured out what comes out of that gate.

an interesting and fun mission this was...I liked the concept of having to play during the daytime when everything (shops etc) was open.

I hope there's a
    spoiler:
    sequel soon where you have to find John

Also,
    spoiler:
    what's behind the door next to the security camera and turret. I don't have fire arrows or mines to blow up the camera, so I keep getting killed trying to pick the lock

A spoiler for the window:
    spoiler:
    shoot a waterarrow at the bloodstain on the window and it will open!

Johnn, I know what came out of that gate ..... I wasn't expecting
    spoiler:
    all of these angry guards

StanMarsh511, for me the camera worked at that spot but the turret had some problems. So I could take all the time to lockpick that door. But don't worry, there's another entry to that place, so my guess is, you already found it.
    If I remember right it's connected to the
    spoiler:
    jailarea.

Gloria Creep
    There're angels who playThief and angels who don't ........ both go to heaven ............
    Dare to join .............

Quote Originally Posted by Gloria Creep View Post
    Johnn, I know what came out of that gate ..... I wasn't expecting
    spoiler:
    all of these angry guards

Ooo, you naughty girl.

Finished and enjoyed very much this mission but what is special about :

spoiler:
    The fountain ? , or is it the double sided faces.

PS Makes me wanne replay I and II

Balbaro

The fountain is a dedication to Nightwalker. It's to show appreciation for everything she has done here.

I finally got a chance to see it yesterday! Thank you SO much, John! So far, I'm enjoying the mission very much.

You're welcome Nightwalker.

Could someone direct me to the " Love Story 2 " thread ??

I finished " 3 " and enjoyed it SO much , I thought I would play
    " 1 " and " 2 " . I've played " A Love Story " [ fun , but the loot
    was a devil to find ] and I found the thread for it. I like
    to play the mission , and then read the thread afterwards, to see
    what I've missed.
    I'm just starting to play " Love Story 2 " , but can't find the thread
    for it. I've done the search, but apparently I'm searching in the
    wrong place !!

Thank you for any help.....

Nice mission! I really like open town areas with plenty of townfolk milling about, and places to climb in and out of.

But I'm stuck.

I cannot get the bartender/landlord to talk to me so that I can get the Champaigne. I have the inverted painting he will want (though I can't remember where I got it; museum maybe)?

Wait, not stuck. If I place the painting on the wall the Champaigne appears. But the landlord has never spoken to me.

Will go on from here. So far I have 4157 loot. and 2 secrets, and all but the above objective complete.

About John, I would have never thought about attempting to mantle up and just go through that window! On my own I had spotted the blood and diary; and walked along that ledge (getting stuck and killed by the wall a few times ) and jumped up to try to frob each window; and tried a time or two to mantle on who knows which of the four window ledges with no luck, so I figured that would not work and gave that up. Had I managed to mantle to that window ledge I'm still not sure I would have tried leaning into it. Would have liked to see a bit more in-game clue for that one . I needed to look here for spoilers on it. (And on the Champaigne one but I'm not sure it was working correctly for me or I may have figured it out.

Nice work though!

Martek

Quote Originally Posted by Martek View Post
    I cannot get the bartender/landlord to talk to me so that I can get the Champaigne. I have the inverted painting he will want (though I can't remember where I got it; museum maybe)?Yep, the museum it was .... The bartender doesn't speak to you. You just get to see a text "in the air" when standing in front of his counter.

About John, I would have never thought about attempting to mantle up and just go through that window! On my own I had spotted the blood and diary; and walked along that ledge (getting stuck and killed by the wall a few times ) and jumped up to try to frob each window; and tried a time or two to mantle on who knows which of the four window ledges with no luck, so I figured that would not work and gave that up. Had I managed to mantle to that window ledge I'm still not sure I would have tried leaning into it. Would have liked to see a bit more in-game clue for that one . I needed to look here for spoilers on it. (And on the Champaigne one but I'm not sure it was working correctly for me or I may have figured it out.
    You're right! I felt the same way. I was a tester for this FM and I did need the help from the builder of this game to find the way into that window. I also thought the ledge wasn't easy to get on to.

This mission is great but I gues it doesn't hurt to tell authors to be more considerate as it comes to give some clues of where to find some stuff or something else, which is important to end the mission.

Some Taffers end the game prematurely, just because they get annoyed. That is understandable, I gues.

Gloria Creep
    There're angels who playThief and angels who don't ........ both go to heaven ............
    Dare to join .............

NAC

The thread for Love Story II is here.
    Love Story V Part 1 (100% complete), Part 2-1 (100% complete), Part 2-2 (100% complete)

having trouble with the dress - I dropped it on the counter, but nothing happened and now it's unfrobbable. any ideas?

I have an idea. Go select some flowers.

john-
    by "select" you mean... what? none of the plants are frobbable, should I just stand there and wait for the lady to move?

uh oh, does it matter that the dress actually fell on the floor just in front of the counter?

She has to be able to see the dress. It should not become unfrobbable until she sees it anyway. It really should be dropped on the counter in front of the flower lady.

Thank you John.

Don't know why I missed that thread . I really searched for it. I like
    to read other people's opinions, but I think I'll need the help this time
    too.

I love the architecture of LS II , the rooftop trips , and ALL the
    details..............can't wait for LS IV.

Thanks again.....

Thanks NAC

There were two other beta testers that I may have not included in the txt file. Bikerdude tested some and sent me a short report, so I apologize for leaving out your name. Jericho played some but never sent in a report again.

DewDrop

I can't for the life of me get Dewdrop to climb the stair or go up the small incline. She just stands there and hops. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by vandi View Post
    I can't for the life of me get Dewdrop to climb the stair or go up the small incline. She just stands there and hops. Any suggestions? Thanks!
    Use your noggin knocker