TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: A Love Story III - 15 June 2007

Not necessarily the sequence, but just trivial events. For example, if the player takes all of the food from the grocery store, a sign will appear outside stating that all was sold, and none of the patrolling AI will enter the store again. They will also not enter the store again (unless already on their way) if the store clerk is KO or frightened. The same is for all of the other shops. I guess it wasn't that many different events, but it took a long time to set them up.

Thanks John. And if I ever get to the end of this 12 hour work day I'm on at the moment I'll get back to this and be either more devious or more adventurous. Darnit, wish I could have a go now.

John

This has spoiled what was a really enjoyable level. I am unable to get thru the window to John. It's solid as a rock. What gives? All the other objectives are checked off.

dickivy

I should have made this a little easier, but once you are on the lower ledge, climb up into the window. You may have to move back a little without falling off to be able to climb in. I found it easiest to walk to the tower, get on the lower ledge, and move along the ledge until you line up with the window.

I've been actually pm'ing John on this mission back and forth. I'm exactly 250 loot short. Am I the only person who's noticed that the flower shop in the back bedroom has a 2nd floor you can't get up to. Maybe I'll see if there is a button. I could not find a rope arrow anywhere. Near the outside of the shop going back to the smoothie, there also seems to be a nice wooden wall that would be reachable up top if I had a rope arrow. MUCH of the loot is hidden in very hard to find areas.

for some loot hints: look in the water under the plank ramps and such. There are some masks, and a bottle. Don't forget to steal all the merchant's loot below counters and in their rooms. Most have a pouch hidden by their beds or closets. The bank I almost missed the tapestry and the masks covering the lights. The light in the museum counts as a seperate loot, so if you scroll through your inventory, you'll actually have 2 loots. The ring on the staircase in the mansion is a tough one to spot too. The vase in the mansion is not frobbable, so I'm assuming this isn't loot.

for easy access into the jail: in the beginning near where you start, there is the guard house. there are barrels there. either push one of the barrels near the open area above the tunnel, or climb on the ledge on the side of the guard house and jump. This will bring you behind the archer and into the jail. much easier than dealing with the watcher.

This has been a great mission, and I'm on the quest to actually find that last 250 loot. I've been everywhere 5 times over and can't seem to get it. Though I'm going to try and trigger the angry guards and see what happens too.

Phil
    Last edited by Philflound; 7th Nov 2007 at 22:48.

There are actually four loot items in the banker's office. I see that you only mentioned two. I PM'ed you with more loot locations.

I think you are the only one to mention the second floor in the flower shop. None of the beta testers saw it.

I noticed the area Philflound mentioned, too. Are there any rope arrows in this mission? I keep looking for them. A bunch of places high up look like they may only be accessible by climbing ropes.

Sorry, there are no rope arrows. The polys would be too high, and there is nothing to find in places you can't reach.

The Switch Does What?

There is a switch
    spoiler:
    halfway down the length of the tradesman's entrance tunnel to Jenifer's house.

What does it do?

Nevermind, I think I've figured it out. When I
    spoiler:
    picked the lock on the outside,
    it seems to be disfunctional; but if I
    spoiler:
    approach from the inside without picking the lock, it raises the gate.

I think I was confused by the double flip needed to activate if already open.
    Last edited by Goldsla; 25th Dec 2007 at 01:32. Reason: Update after investigation

If you are refering to the lever, it opens the portculis nearby. If you picked the lock open, then frobbing and refrobbing will close the portculis.

Nightwalker Fountain Mystery

Thanks for the info on the portculis switch. I had gone back and figured it out. The double throw always fools me.

Regarding the ghost at Nightwalker's fountain, is that Nightwalker "ghosting" the mission? What about the
    spoiler:
    invisible corpse in the fountain? Who is that? Prior owner? John is elsewhere, so it should not be he.
    Last edited by Goldsla; 26th Dec 2007 at 10:53.

Goldsla

Technically speaking there is a corpse in the fountain, but for the gameplay, there isn't. It is only used for the special rotating light.

The ghost in Jenifer's back yard... If you follow her, you will find some hidden loot. btw it isn't Nightwalker. The answer will be revealed in a future mission.

Love Story III LootThrough Available

There now is a Ghosting LootThrough for this mission at Thief-TheCircle: Love Story III

Um,

Just started this one and:
    why ONE HUNDRED broadheads?
    (am I sposed to open up my own arrow shop?)
    -------------------------------------------------

Hallllp, I'm bein chased by a lunatic Dewdrop dolly!
    Wonder just how Gloria felt about that when she played this FM! What with having to bj her sweetie!
    (jeeze, and after all the times I saved the lil thing from just rotting away in some dank forsaken place!)

john9818a Quote:
    "Technically speaking there is a corpse in the fountain, but for the gameplay, there isn't. It is only used for the special rotating light.
    The ghost in Jenifer's back yard... If you follow her, you will find some hidden loot. btw it isn't Nightwalker. The answer will be revealed in a future mission."

Huh? What loot, ghost led me to the fountain and the corpse of The Invisible Man!

Um, IS there a point to the hidden access under the bed in the museum?

And I see what the wisp is showing me, but I have no idea how to activate it!
    NVM - i saw your post about it - BUT - I DEFY anyone to "jump onto" that teeny tiny little "ledge" (generous name that!) when there is a part just above it that makes in into a very small window like square that in no way can be "jumped into, onto, or anything else!
    EDIT: Ok, I did it. BUT - I had to frob it (like what, a one millimeter frob distance on that bloody thing John?) while falling down past it (and yes, took damage!), then go all the way back up, save while on the overhang, and try about 6 more times before I hit just the EXACT right timing on a jump/squat! Let me tell ya John, that was work, not fun!

Well John, you definitely win for quirkiest FMs, that's for sure!
    (100 broadheads!, Dewdrop the stalker dolly!, An Invisible corpse with it's own disco light but no relevance to the story!, A hidden access to nothing more than the other side of the waterfall!, and lets not forget a ransom note, hidden from those who would be the ones to pay it, for the kidnapped John, who we only then find out is the bloody designer of this rats nest warren of a city!)

and the barmans picture he wanted - SO glad it was the pic that was inverted, not a pic of his mother inverted! and
    Last edited by Garrett's Shadow; 3rd Dec 2009 at 18:55.

The thing about secrets is that you can possibly enter them from the other side. In this case you could have gone to the waterfall and used the secret entrance to get into the museum.

There is loot in the back yard. Look closely at the trees.

The 100 broadheads was an oversight.

The rest of your post... I'll leave it as being humorous.

OH! oki!

Note to self: pay more attention to your surroundings ya taffer!
    (in ref to loot in the trees in Jen's back yard where fountain and invisi ghost was!)

and yes John, I did mean all of it to be good natured funnin wit ya!

Barkeeps Painting

Hmm, which wall do i need to place this painting on? I have tried "using" it everywhere, on the wall across the room from the barkeep (one with a torch) and the ledge thingy next to the window to the barkeeps left. What am i missing?

It should go on a spot to the left wall of the bar as I recall. There should be an area or spot that highlights as frobbable. Hope this helps!

Quote Originally Posted by Stingm View Post
    It should go on a spot to the left wall of the bar as I recall. There should be an area or spot that highlights as frobbable. Hope this helps!
    LOL yeah it did. Apparently, I was in the wrong pub Thanks

Glad you found it! Enjoy the rest of the mission and the sequel!

Ok, I couldn't finish Love Story 2 because of the crashing, so I'm going on to this one. Just started, looks very promising indeed, but I have to ask, is there a reason why you don't do maps? Is it to make it even harder? Just curious

honestly I don't know. I just never made the effort beyond my first fm.

There's a loot walkthrough on thief-thecircle that I can't get because I can't access that website, I keep getting page not found, so I was wondering if someone could copy it and send it to me? If it's not too much trouble? I'd really appreciate it.
    thanks so much.

Where is the museum? I read that its under the bar? but there's no buildings there.

The ring that was lost in Jenifer's house, is that the ring I have to give Jenifer?
    Last edited by llanita; 28th Jun 2013 at 08:25.

The museum is located near the beginning, but you have to walk all the way around town to get there.

The loot list is at http://www.thiefmissions.com/lootlists/LoveStory2.html

Found it, I thought that was the jail LOL