TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: T2 FM: KF2: Escape From the Planet of the Robots - June 26, 2007

Clearinghouse
    Thanks, bob_doe_nz! Finished, it really is cool fantastic mission.
    Thank you, Sliptip

bob_doe_nz

after you get the
    spoiler:
    confuser ray check the tips screen for instructions - though it won't do much good on the mines by themselves

and

spoiler:
    the brainbots are killable, but they take several missiles

Hi Sliptip,

very good FM it made fun correctly for me,the whole robots were sharpen!!!

spoiler:
    also the whole fliers have me fallen completely particularly the UFO

with your abilities you can copy also times star wars!

VLG Theker

Glad you guys liked it!

I wanna lightsaber!

. . .or a LightBlackjack. It doesn't roll of the tongue as well but. . .

FRREEEEEOOWWWW!!

downloading now

IŽll play this one tonight, iŽll let you know what i think

and HAPPY BIRTHDAY gloria Creep!!!

Well I've completed the mission but failed dismally to get any loot!? Anyone provide me a clue to where it is? I'd swear I've been everywhere already...

BTW this is a great mission!

Didn't you notice the big blue gems floating in the air?!?

I'm glad you liked it though

Clearing,

Can you give me directions to the auto destruct switch. That must be the fuse I missed.

Thanxs,

Hope Vincent

I guess you have to ask to find. It was so close to the end.
    Last edited by Hope Vincent; 27th Jun 2007 at 13:45.

Is there any way to control the flight path of the guided missiles? They seem to just float around wherever they want after I use them...and never in the direction of the enemy.

Yeah they can be frustrating sometimes. If you see one just hovering around not doing anything make some noise near it. That should get'er going again (but not always).

They follow the same paths that the robots do so half the time they'll be headed in the wrong direction when they hatch. Not much you can do about it really.

Haha, that mission was pure AWESOMENESS. All the way through I was enjoying myself! Explosions and robots...what is more fun than that? It's great to have an FM every now and then that's just sheer fun factor and special effects- honestly this is the most fun I've had with Thief in months! The only thing I could think of that would make it better is:
    1. More reliable missles. Those things hated me...I seriously watched them fly in a complete circle around an enemy robot, then under it, then in the complete opposite direction. I'm not even lieing.
    2. As someone else mentioned, a lightsaber. Yeah, it's not Star Wars themed at all (though I'm pretty sure that force field deactivation sound was ripped from it), but it would just feel right in this setting.
    ...and that's about it. This one is so much mindless fun it's almost impervious to criticism.

Also, when I started thinking "THREEPIO, SHUT DOWN ALL GARBAGE SMASHERS ON THE DETENTION LEVEL!!" when the walls started moving inward in the garbage area, I realized just how much of a pathetic nerd I am. Thanks for that, it was an eye-opening experience.

Well I'm glad you liked it!

Those missiles are just madness sometimes though Like I said in the tips page - sometimes it's just best to toss one down a corridor and head someplace else for a bit - till you hear a boom. But then again sometimes their guidance system gets jammed by the central computer (<---- that's the official excuse) and they hover around doing nothing.

It's funny you mention the force field sound. I did make it from scratch but by random co-incidence I was watching StarWars on Friday and when they power up the DeathStar it was the same sound!

. . .Of course the trash compactor part is a total rip - but I always thought it'd be good in a mission.
    Last edited by Sliptip; 28th Jun 2007 at 08:45.

Oh yeah, I also forgot to mention a couple things:
    spoiler:
    "Steal 10,000 in space money" is the greatest objective since "Steal the hole" from "Bafford's Last Stand". Also, that bit where you had to shoot down the enemy ships was the coolest thing in any FM. Ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Sliptip View Post
    Didn't you notice the big blue gems floating in the air?!?

I'm glad you liked it though
    I did...

I thought they were just decorative, since they weren't solid and i didn't see them highlight when i was in frobbing range. They also look like the teleport markers in System Shock 2. Space loot indeed!
    Last edited by shadows; 27th Jun 2007 at 16:41.

Ahh ok that make sense - Honestly I was just worried I'd forgotten to add the gem objects to the zip!

BANNED
    Oooh, late again....but downloading NOW!!!

Question for Slip:
    spoiler:
    While manning the laser cannons to blast away at the rocket-ships, I was able to shoot out the window on the opposite side of the chasm. I managed to destroy two robots through it and was about to get a third when the window seemed to heal up. It then became impervious to blaster fire. Was this intentional?

Jaw droppingly good. This is not Thief it's a whole new game!

Gameplay can be a little frustrating at times (especially on Crazy setting) and it would be better to replace the thiefy equipment but nitpicks aside it's an amazing achievement.

When's the next installment!

PS.

Haven't come across the confuser ray? or the secret. Time for bed.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Dude View Post
    PS.

Haven't come across the confuser ray? or the secret. Time for bed.
    Same here. Some cules, pretty please?

The
    spoiler:
    confuser ray IS the secret.

In terms of a clue, well all I can say is:
    spoiler:
    there is one sign that you must do exactly what it says

Hope that helps!

As for the next one, I really want to start it. I have to say that making these has been the most fun Dromeding ever. But I kinda feel I should finish up some of the serious missions I've started first.

WOW! What a fantastic..way out..FM. New sounds, new weapons, new bots...this is not Thief as we know it. It's a nice change. Lots of fun.

I can't find a way to open the door to [SPOILER]force field 2; or come in from the other side where the loot is.[/SPOILER. Help appreciated.

Hurry back to the old Thief, it's the best!

oh, heck, the spoiler didn't work.....

Dawggon:

Here is a clue
    Quote Originally Posted by Luke Skywalker
    Shut down all the garbage disposal units on the detention level

Think... What did they do to get there.

Printers Devil
    Have you tried going to the Window??? If you do, you will hear what sounds like a repairing noise which you can't hear from the laser. I haven't tried it so can't tell if it works.

Ghost
    All right, I have three of the four bulbs, and I installed 'em in the time machine. I know that the last one is in the room with the autodestruct; and I assume that when I push the button, I have 60 seconds to grab the last bulb and run to the time machine, stick it in its slot, and head home.

I've even been there; but I don't know how to get from there to the time machine. Can someone sketch out the route?

Also, I saw one glass door still closed. I have all the loot, but I've heard there is a "confuser ray" secret. Is it behind that door? Where do I go to open that door? A hint, perhaps?

I don't think I've been in a room where "there is one sign that you must do exactly what it says."

Thanks,

Dafydd