TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: T2 FM: KF2: Escape From the Planet of the Robots - June 26, 2007

Quote Originally Posted by Printer's Devil View Post
    Question for Slip:
    spoiler:
    While manning the laser cannons to blast away at the rocket-ships, I was able to shoot out the window on the opposite side of the chasm. I managed to destroy two robots through it and was about to get a third when the window seemed to heal up. It then became impervious to blaster fire. Was this intentional?
    Yeah it was When I play, I like to line up the bots with freeze rays just in front of that window - for extra fun!

Quote Originally Posted by bob_doe_nz View Post
    Printers Devil
    Have you tried going to the Window??? If you do, you will hear what sounds like a repairing noise which you can't hear from the laser. I haven't tried it so can't tell if it works.
    That's a bug actually. If I'd have made the sound radius large enough that you could hear it from the canon station - that wouldn't happen.

Dafydd: Just make a right from the autodestruct room, go up 1 floor on the elevator, make another right and head straight down the hallway (towards the start of the mission). At the end of the hall you'll see another elevator (don't go in it) make another right and you're there.

The glass door you're talking about, you must've gone through it at some point if you have all the bulbs. Does it have a #2 behind it?
    Last edited by Sliptip; 27th Jun 2007 at 23:08.

Ghost
    Thanks, Sliptip; I was able to finish with a perfect thief (that's ghost plus all the loot), though I never did find the secret!

Dafydd

Whoooo!!!!

This is a great mission, very original, i love it, amazing ai robots , great architecture with moving textures , cool ambient sound it fits well with the mission, i loved to play this one, i dont usally say this but Sliptip you are defently one of my fafourite fms artist.

Thanks Cardia - I'm glad you liked it! By the way I LOVED the music you choose for "Temple of Death"

Dafydd: You manged to ghost it?!? Holy crap man. I really didn't think it was possible. Especially because of the turrett part. When the ships explode it causes quite a racket. Nice one!

Desperately dodgy geezer
    Quote Originally Posted by Sliptip View Post
    Dafydd: You manged to ghost it?!? Holy crap man. I really didn't think it was possible.
    It's amazing what he and Peter Smith can do...

Very ingenious

Thanks this is a good break.

Finally found the secret
    spoiler:
    okay okay I cheated.
    What is really annoying is that when I initially played through I saw it, thought about it and left it. D'Oh!

Great mission but I would like to see an update with different "spacey" weapons. But I know that's not easy.

that was an awesome 30 mins! I just wandered around, trying to figure out how the levels all lined up with each other got all the loot, but no secret...
    thanks for a great, non-traditional FM!
    PS: for part 3, I want a helper robot that follows me around!, oh and could you add a lightsaber by reskinning a sword and adding lighting effects? I'm just guessing randomly, I'm not that savvy...

Quote Originally Posted by MrMunkeepants View Post
    PS: for part 3, I want a helper robot that follows me around...
    It's funny you say that actually - this one did have a helper robot originally, but he kept getting caught on the lifts so I took him out

The Dude, there were 2 other secret weapons in this one aswell, but as most people are finding all the bots are dead by the time they find the secret so they would've been pretty useless, they weren't quite working right either. I'll save them for part 3

and

Thanx for all the hard work, sliptip, this felt like taking a (dangerous) holiday!

This is one wild and crazy mission. I loved it!

I don't see how anyone could ghost it though - those little mines move so fast. I guess I could see getting around many of them by going different routes, but the three or four that were at the 2nd Disposal (the room with the little dark alcove ahead and on the right) - I don't see how one could ghost past them to the little alcove. (I think I got a space gem there -but I guess I don't remember for sure).

Loved the Freeze thingy and the crazy missiles.

The "confuser ray" thingy - could not get it to work on the "brains", but they were kinda slow so I just ran past them.

Found all the loot and secrets. /hurray!

Great fun!

Cheers,
    Martek

Vertical Contest Winner 2009
    i'll admit, i disabled victorycheck to get through this one, its just too damn hard to judge shadows and the weapons are a little to difficult to use for me. once i have a handle on it i'll go again correctly.

Bloody, taffin' excellent fun. Once I got the hang of how the weapons worked (stupid - didn't read the hints first) it was a total blast. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Martek View Post
    I don't see how anyone could ghost it though - those little mines move so fast. I guess I could see getting around many of them by going different routes, but the three or four that were at the 2nd Disposal (the room with the little dark alcove ahead and on the right) - I don't see how one could ghost past them to the little alcove. (I think I got a space gem there -but I guess I don't remember for sure).
    Martek
    Martek, Here's what I did: I waited
    spoiler:
    for the mines to float to the left, ran to the space right, collected the spacemoney and ran back to the stairs. They can't hurt you when you're on the stairs. I did the same on the other side and continued the game.

BTW:
    spoiler:
    the actually respond very well to the freezy thing. Once they get near it, they'll freeze

Sliptip: This was a nonThiefyexcellent mission
    But where was my space Dewdrop???

Dafydd, if you're still interested in the secret:
    spoiler:
    Remember the space with the lasergun, where you shoot four boms which are outside? That gives you a Lightbulb. After that there shows up another torpedo or something. Dismantle it and you'll get your secret.

I just need the fourth lightbulb ..... I gues tomorrow
    Goodnight Taffers!

Gloria Creep
    There're angels who playThief and angels who don't ........ both go to heaven ............
    Dare to join .............

WOW!
    Great FM! =O

-snakehunt3r

Thanks!

Keeper of FMs

WOW! Just WOW!

I loved it. The sounds & music are fantastic. They fit perfectly with the futuristic architecture and robots. It's always great to see someone go far outside the original Thief universe to create something different, especially when it is this much fun to play. I'm eagerly waiting for #3 (not to mention Ashen Age 2 - hint, hint)!

Kudos!

Glad you liked it!

I had loads of fun making it and can't wait to get at #3.

Apologies if this is a dumb question, but what was KF1? I've never heard of it, and can't find it listed anywhere.

Edit: Nevermind. I figured it out.

Edit Redux: Turns out I do have a good question! lol Is this the same FM that you were working on and posted about back in Feb/April in the "First Project" thread? The screenshots for that one were amazing.
    Last edited by Kurgan; 3rd Aug 2007 at 20:24. Reason: Blah blah blah...

Nah I was just taking a break from that one - I'd been staring at it waaaay too long.

Fortunately I now have the combined genius of Yandros and Smithpd to help me get through the development of the "First Project". I think it's safe to say that without them, that FM would probably have bitten the dust.

Just thought I'd throw some pic's up of some concept stuff I'm doing for KF3. I promised myself (and others) that I wouldn't work on it yet, but someone bought me a set of markers . Hope you like em!

. . . and it's an RPG!

You're making another?

That looks awesome Sliptip. Love the colour scheme!

That looks fantastic!

Martek

Quote Originally Posted by Sluggs View Post
    You're making another?
    It's going to be really different I swear!!