TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: T3 FM: Bad Feeling July 22, 2007

Clearinghouse

T3 FM: Bad Feeling July 22, 2007

Author: Serge.
    Help! Russian translator wanted (this FM in russian language).

Download 57,9 Mb.

Bad Feeling v1.2 now available. English version.

Screenshots.

Спасибо огромное, Serge!
    Last edited by clearing; 20th Sep 2016 at 11:19.

Thanks Clearing!

Mirror

help !! Kind Russian speakers, Help!

OK so you can call me impatient. (I'd rather you called me darling - he he) but I was SO pleased to see a new T3 level, I just thought I'd try and wing it. Well, what a mistake. Trying to play without knowing what Serge was intending is an insult to his hard work. I can see that there's a really interesting plot; the scenery is beauteefull, The guards are amusing, there are complications ( I LOVE complications).

So.... some kind Russian/English speaker out there will just have to translate this, or I'll explode with frustration. (not a pretty sight).

Hey, thanks Serge, even if I don't know what's going on, I know a good FM when I see it.

You'd have to add them as english language tags inside the *.sch-files in Sounds\PlayerGarrett and so on...I usually did it along with the translation from English into German, but my Russian is...to say the least...none.

NO WAY!!! A New FM for TDS!!?
    :angelic choir sings:

Hallelujah - thank you

I'm having the same problem as Poison The Well in the
    spoiler:
    hotel
    but I'm going to look around a bit because there must be some reason you fail mission. This looks great, too bad I don't read Russian.I hope someone can translate to english soon.

I started to download this then stoped when I realized it's in Russian. Bummer! As rare as T3 missions are I want to actually enjoy it for what it is supposed to be. I will wait for a translation. So come on Clearing...arn't you bi-lingo. Even if your English is not the greatest we would apericiate any effort on your part. My grandparents migrated from St Petersburg after WW 2 so I guess that makes me part Ruskie to but it's language.....nope...dont know a word. I have always wanted to visit though. Part of me feels drawn to Russia, probably because of my heritage and the strong desire to drink vodka sometimes. But I take Vicodine for back pain so that probably wouldn't be a good idea so I don't drink any liquor anymore.
    Last edited by Lightningline; 29th Jul 2007 at 01:07.

Restriction in mission:
    You should not be catch in hotel

poison_the_well
    If you want to play Russian version you should do the following steps:
    1. Download and install translation TDS in Russian
    http://darkfate.ru/index.cgi?show=fi...2007_06_06.exe
    2. Install mission
    3. Download and install patch for Russian version
    http://darkfate.ru/index.cgi?show=fi...atch_TDS_FM.7z
    Last edited by Serge; 29th Jul 2007 at 06:12.

I thought the mission already is in Russian and needs a translation into English.

That is what Clearing said in post one of this thread anyhow.

Yes, you are right
    But Russian version of mission will not work correctly with the English version of game.
    To play the Russian version of mission Russian version of game is necessary

Yea...I found that out....well I look forward to an English version of your mission if one is ever made.

Hi there,
    I'm as happy as you are 'bout a new T3FM and want to play too.

I am able to deliver a russian-english translation (I had some russian in school back then, it's quite shaky but I have the dictionaries...).

I don't have to much time on my hands - but if someone could extract the russian texts from the FM for me I will translate them.

If you do, please don't contact me per message system, please post everything in this thread or I won't notice it.

And Serge would have to adapt the FM technically so we are able to play it with our english/german versions.

Quote Originally Posted by Outlooker
    If you do, please don't contact me per message system, please post everything in this thread or I won't notice it.
    I read the text so fast that I didn't notice the little "don't"...beggin pardon. I'll just copy the text I already had for a PM:
    Quote Originally Posted by myself
    ...deine Dateien findest du im zip wie folgt:
    Contens\T3\Books\English
    Dort stehen direkt die *.sch-Dateien drin, die im Spiel als Schilder oder Schriftstücke auftauchen; die Ordner (De-)Briefing, String_tags und Movie-subtitles enthalten (mal die selbsterklärenden ausgenommen) Dateien für Speicherstände, Gegenstände und ggf. Karten. Jede Datei enthält solche Zeichen:
    lang_english 2007-07-21 00:00:00 "\nNado otnesti zakaz zakazchiku."
    Für die englische Version muss bei lang_english etwas stehen, für uns bei lang_german. Ganz einfach. Das einzige Problem ist, dass ich im Editor bisher keine kyrillischen Zeichen sehe, aber ich wollte mir die FM erstmal angucken, bevor ich mit dem Text herumkopiere.
    Die wichtigen Missionsziele stehen unter "Content\T3\Sounds\schemas\conversations\PlayerGarrett" und sind praktisch genauso aufgebaut.

Falls du die deutsche Version nicht gleichzeitig mit abzweigst, würde ich aus deiner englischen was drehen, denn die deutschen T3-FMs betrachte ich mit Argusaugen noch als mein Territorium...
    I'll continue in English: The only way (AFAIK now) to show the cyrillic letters is to view the files with the IE (don't know about FireFox or what they all use believing it's better). For example (first part of briefing) ...and I won't care about ttlg habits now: Отель Бурнела, слишком громкое название для этой лачуги.

No idea what it means, but it should be correct. PM me if you need more help.

Clearinghouse
    poison_the_well, you must not go in room 1.

Translation in English I shall write later. Sorry...

If there's still a need for RUS -> ENG translation, I could be of help. Feel free to get in touch.

Quote Originally Posted by Beleg Cúthalion View Post
    Отель Бурнела, слишком громкое название для этой лачуги.

No idea what it means...
    "The Bournela Hotel, hmm, quite a pompous name for this hovel."

I just played it (i.e. navigated myself through obscure signs) and though the loading sections (or better: non-loading sections) are quite small, and though I managed to get out of the level at least twice and though I had a CTD at the (hotel's?) door, too, it looks really good and interesting. A lot of ways to use the rooftops and some great sceneries (especially with the wires). Give me more of that. I like hanging around in beautiful(ly dirty) cities.

By the way...how do you construct a concessive clause with more than one "concessive elements" without making the second look like the following main clause? I don't think my first sentence has a good style.

Some technical things: I don't know if it's due to the russian language setting, but the light is always set back to default after loading. Furthermore, I don't believe we can get the menus back in English (or German) with just translating the books. But I have no idea how to help it. Finally, if we keep the russian video at the start we would be in need of a subtitle file (with the right timeline markers in it) to create at least English/German etc. subtitles. It would be no problem to create different videos, too, but that would mean we would have to offer different download files.

Clearinghouse
    Quote Originally Posted by dreamcatcher View Post
    If there's still a need for RUS -> ENG translation, I could be of help.
    Objectives:
    1. Прередать заказ заказчику.
    2. Украсть добра по крайней мере на 2500 золотых.
    3. Проникнуть в отель и разведать обстановку.
    4. Кажется, меня здесь никто не ждет, кроме ребят на мосту. Скорее всего заказчик поселился в номере 1 и заплатил Барнелу чтобы сохранить анонимность, теперь надо найти способ незаметно проникнуть в его номер и разузнать подробности.
    5. Пришла пора обыскать номер, что-то мне подсказывает что я найду там много интересного.
    6. Заказчик хочет обвинить меня в убийстве Эрэна Бери, следователя прокуратуры. Что ж думаю, начальник ближайшего участка Городской Стражи будет рад обнаружив у себя на столе эту писанину.
    7. Надо побыстрей завершить это дело и выбираться отсюда.

In the second part of map, what do I do with mixture that I made and put in a bottle? Also,in the first part of the map, what is the purpose of the room with the picture? Are these two maps the only places I can go in the game?

Thanxs,

Hope Vincent

Quote Originally Posted by Beleg Cúthalion View Post
    I read the text so fast that I didn't notice the little "don't"...beggin pardon. I'll just copy the text I already had for a PM:I'll continue in English: The only way (AFAIK now) to show the cyrillic letters is to view the files with the IE (don't know about FireFox or what they all use believing it's better). For example (first part of briefing) ...and I won't care about ttlg habits now: Отель Бурнела, слишком громкое название для этой лачуги.
    No idea what it means, but it should be correct. PM me if you need more help.
    I opened those .sch-files with wordpad/firefox/Internetexplorer, but all contain only weird stuff where the russian symbols should be :"Íŕäî ďîáűńňđĺé çŕâĺđřčňü ýňî äĺëî č âűáčđŕňüń˙ îňńţäŕ" - such stuff for example.
    My browsers display russian though - but if I open up the .sch-files with them there is only this rubbish text .
    How can I display the kyrillic characters ? No translation without those ...

Have you then tried to change...ach egal, hast du versucht, die Codierung nochmal umzustellen? Keine Chance, wenn du nicht zufällig eine spezielle kyrillische Schrift auf dem Rechner hast, aber der IE zeigt das Zeug an. Klick das mal an und schau, ob es funktioniert. Gut, klappt nur, wenn du dir noch raussuchen kannst, womit es geöffnet werden soll.

Just in case you find no possibility to see the real characters, I (or clearing maybe) could send them to you, maybe even as pictures (or as PMs since it did work with vBulletin). What about dreamcatcher, can you see them?

Thats crazy.
    This site
    http://frontiers.loc.gov/intldl/mtfh...mfrussian.html
    works as it should in firefox and internet explorer.
    If I copy/past russian characters from those site into those .sch-files everything is displayed properly.
    But the russian in the *.sch-files is still gibberish - is it possible that my unpacker (WinRar) is not supporting russian ?

Your linked file "http://jayb.ath.cx/BadFeeling/Briefings/BadFeeling.sch"
    behaves exactly like my .sch-files.

If nothing works for me -
    I think simplest would be that someone who is able to read the russian in the .sch-files will copy/paste them out of those in a new .txt-file encoded in unicode ("save as"->use "unicode" as encoder in wordpad, editor etc.)
    or
    try to save the .sch-files in unicode - I think that would work for me, because my files are for some reason not coded in unicode but in ANSI.
    Please try it and give me a link to those "unicoded" file and the translation will commence.

This time I wrote you a PM. I have no problem with copying them all into PMs, it's faster than experimenting for some time...

russian translators needed

I hope I am not late to say: I'll try to make a translation. So see you tomorrow.

Here is the translation.
    It is not perfect, because I don't have all the context of the FM authors intentions and storyline.
    So Serge should have a critical look on it - espacially the few sections I have marked with [?] , for they make not much sense to me (and therefore I couldn't translate the correct meaning of those passages I think.

http://www.kram-hochladen.de/download.php?id=OTgxNjU=

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast