TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: T2 FM: Gregorius' Dancing with the Dead CAMPAIGN - 1st Aug 2007

I know that there are problems with "exit to Windows bugs". That is explained in the mission info file.
    I really didn't know what to do with this... it is probably some DeDX gamesys bug

It happens randomly. Sometimes there are NO exits during all the game, sometimes there are more problems

Please save from time to time using different save files!

hi all!!

i can't even get started on the second level...
    spoiler:
    can't even get out of the cell!
    ...am i supposed to "do" something with the
    spoiler:
    almost fresh rat?
    playing on expert if that makes any difference

ah...just found the walkthrough and got my answer...had done that, but just figured i was stuck...

Damn, I haven't been playing thief in quite some time, but it seems like I forgot how to play it completely... It also seems like the difficutly settings are kinda fucked up, because the guard holding the red key hears the smallest movement of mine. Is that normal? I had to use a flashbomb to BJ him in order to take the key. This has really been kinda frustrating so far, but I'd really like to finish this FM, because the beginning is so great. The undead seem to hear me all the time too...

So is the difficulty normal this way? Any hints? (Yeah, I know this question sounds stupid, but I am really helpless right now )

Yes, he's a pain - I need to use the Creep key to sneak up to him. But believe me, it's even harder on Expert with a second guard running interference. It gets better later because the floors higher up are not so noisy.

You could try my strategy. See the walkthrough.
    Last edited by ffox; 14th Aug 2007 at 01:47.

Yeah thanks, I read that one a bit now and I came to the conclusion that the difficulty settings might be messed up. I don't know whether this is possible, but I crouched + walked slow under the window to get the key (before reading the tutorial, I am not that stupid ) and the guard still heared me... Very awkward!!
    Last edited by Nightwalker; 14th Aug 2007 at 09:46.

Vault????

I found the vault but how do I get in?? I'm playing on expert - is there a hidden switch or keypad?

Thanks!

Are you sure it's the vault you have found? The keypad is not hidden.

You open the blast doors by cutting the power in the rubble-filled passage below. There is more detail in earlier posts.

Gregorius, thank you for this campaign! I really enjoyed the second mission (the first one was a bit too short, but OK anyway)!

I encountered a weird bug at the very end. I hacked the boarded up window open with the sword and jumped out, ending the mission. When I reloaded a saved game to hunt for some more treasures and then tried to end the game, I was unable to completely open the window. The third (counted from top to bottom) of the wooden bars would not break when I attacked it with sword, blackjack or fire arrow. It acted as if it was indestructible; there were not even small splinters flying off when I hit the wooden board with the sword. Unfortunately, the opening is now too small for Garrett to get out, even if one climbs onto a crate to reach the slightly larger, upper opening. I tried to reload older saved games but never found one which still worked.

There were some minor bugs elsewhere (like a dead haunt somehow glued to an elevator platform), but the one above was the only one which can be called serious, since it can prevent one from finishing the mission.

Something else... There seem to be one or two postings which disappeared from this thread. For example, on the first page there must have been a posting from poison_the_well once which has now vanished, since there are one or two replies to the missing posting, one specifically mentioning poison_the_well. Yandros' posting about the names of his mission and Gregorius' one hints at a missing posting as well. (Maybe that's why I still get a button to access page 6 of the thread which instead leads to page 5.)
    Last edited by baeuchlein; 14th Mar 2008 at 10:18. Reason: Forgot to mention something.

Sorry for the resurrection, but i have (somehow) only just stumbled upon this mission and felt that high praise be in order. Thanks Gregorius for an oustanding dual mission.

A Rift In The Loot Question

How does one end this first level ? I've gotten all 3 secrets, but not all the loot (151/203). In the stand-alone from 2005, the mission ended when you picked up the vase. But access now is gated.

Can anyone give me a hint as to where to find the sword? It doesn't seem like there's any way to progress in this game without triggering the explosion that leads to the legions of undead pouring out everywhere, and there is NO FREAKING WAY I am going to go through a mission filled with haunts and not have a sword. I've tried time and time again to get further in this level, but that just doesn't seem possible: there are too many well-lit areas, too many noisy surfaces and too many hyper-alert baddies. The only way I've been able to get as far as I have, which wasn't that far, was by just cutting and running like hell. I always got caught eventually, though.

I also can't find the vault. I would assume it's in the lower levels, but I couldn't seem to find anything there. . or maybe I wasn't looking hard enough.

Clearinghouse
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Taffer View Post
    Can anyone give me a hint as to where to find the sword?
    Spoiler

Arrugh! What a bad thief I am--I didn't even notice there was a ladder and a second level in the store room! Nice "durrhurr" moment there. Oh well, now I've finally got a fighting chance.

Ok, I can't seem to find the vault anywhere. Where is it?
    Also, is there a way to get into that church that's aboveground? I'm almost positive there's a way to get into that broken-down tower!

Clearinghouse
    There is a walkthrough.

Thanks Clearing! I finally got around to finishing it and the first time I played it I spent it just trying to get through without getting killed instead of taking the time to appreciate it, but now I have and I must say this is an amazing FM, Gregorius!

It kind of reminded me of Doom 3. . except ten times better. I don't think I've played such a good zombie/haunt FM since The Inverted Manse! I particularly liked the announcements over the loudspeakers and the frightening noises the lunatics aboveground made. It was all really disturbing in just the right way.

Vault Code

In my particular instance the code should be 7143. But it doesn't work. I've gone over the 3 pig story plenty of times to see if I made a mistake...

7 (days a week)
    1 (oak door for the back)
    4 (pig legs)
    3 (after second)

Am I missing something, like should I be considering that 5th "suggestive" pig leg

iirc the three possible codes are 3272, 1442 or 7143 depending on which of the three versions of the story you found.

Hmmm...neither of those 3 codes works. I'm playing with v1 of the FM.

I'm having other issues as well. Somewhere along the way, I lost my loot count. I can't say that it went back to zero, but I was over 1000 at one point and when next I paid attention, it was 250. I think I got my pocket picked

Did you lose the story along with the loot? If so you will have to find it again.

No the story is still with me, in my inventory. I must have read that 20 times to see where I went wrong when the vault wouldn't open. I gues I can look around the theatre for a different story, but it shouldn't matter. One of those 3 codes should trigger the vault. None of them do.

The other issue I meant to mention was the supposed secret underneath the platform of the "fixed" elevator. I didn't find any loot there at all.

Something is seriously wrong - I should download it again and start afresh (delete the existing savegames). DancingWiththeDeadV1.zip should be 18,913,691 bytes.

I have the same file with the same size, but something may have been corrupted in the download process. Certainly if I'm the only one with these problems, then it has to be something that specific. I'll try restarting the mission first and see if that changes anything. If it doesn't, then I'll delete everything and re-download.

Thank you for the assistance. If anyone else has these problems, let me know and I'll input my success/failure.

btw...I had to Ctrl-Alt-Shft-End in order to get from level 1 (A Rift In The Loot) to level 2. Could that have been the beginnings of my problems? How do you end that level exactly?

Quote Originally Posted by Clock View Post
    btw...I had to Ctrl-Alt-Shft-End in order to get from level 1 (A Rift In The Loot) to level 2. Could that have been the beginnings of my problems? How do you end that level exactly?
    I did that often when testing with no problems. You end the level by:

following the trail of loot, going into the building and picking up the vase. "To be continued" is displayed, the Hammers capture you painfully, and that's it!

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast