TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: New FM: UNN Facility Polaris-32A0

New FM: UNN Facility Polaris-32A0

My new campaign for SS2 is done, it contains 6 Levels. Thanks to everyone who helped me, especially Dinksmallwood and Greenhorn.
    Screenshots are on my homepage: www.zinkchristine.de/polaris.html . You can download the FM from the links below (ca. 77 MB).

http://www.studio311.de/shock/UNN-Polaris.zip
    http://www.7us.de/shock/UNN-Polaris.zip

Thanks to Hanniball for hosting it

ShockEd Central Thanks to raph for hosting it

I hope you like it, have fun

Last edited by Christine; 12th Aug 2007 at 17:22. Reason: Added the download-link from ShockEd Central

Awesome.Thanks for making these fan missions.Downloading now
    Have to reinstall Shock2 after a format though
    I really really enjoyed Pointerbee Station.I hope this one is just as good.
    Cheers

Good work Chrstine!

I've posted an entry in the news section of http://sshock2.com announcing this new FM

Downloading now and soon mirrored at ShockEd Central

raph, if you want me to add the download link to the list in sshock2.com, just let me know when it's ready.

Woo! Time to reboot into Windows! Just when I was looking for more games to play... (just had my first runs through DX:IW and X-Men Legends 2)

Time for some downloadin'

I have uploaded the custom objects from Polaris, most of them were made by Greenhorn, if someone want to use them: www.zinkchristine.de/Dromed.html

@ D'Arcy & raph - thank you very much

Hehe, I haven't played SS2 for a long time. I ran through the snowy terrain screaming like a girl with 2 rumblers chasing me; until they kicked my ass of course.

ZylonBane
    Those aren't rumblers.

I really wish they didn't explode when they died. They're so fast that they're pretty much always going to die right in your face, so adding blast damage to their death seems kind of unfair.

The FM is fun so far; I like the fact that, this time, you start well-equipped while facing though monsters in the first level. It's a nice change from SS2 formula.

However, I'm having lot a trouble with that damn ladder jump in the construction yard. I've reached the upper ladder but I keep falling down and dying each time I try to grab the ledge.

EDIT: Okay, I did it, but that part was tedious...
    Last edited by JohnnyTheWolf; 12th Aug 2007 at 13:18.

Yes! I'll be firing up SS2 and playing Polaris later this evening. Thank you for another great SS2 FM, Christine.

Quote Originally Posted by ZylonBane View Post
    Those aren't rumblers.
    Snow beasts, rumblers, whatever.

After killing a few of them my health is starting to get low. (especially since one managed to hit me), not to mention that weird explosion when they die.

Made it a bit into outside part 2.The levels are beautiful so far.Love the snow.
    The snow beasts however are frustrating.For the first enemy you encounter they are way to powerful and fast.Need to take a break because they keep smashing me to bits and I am getting frustrated.

Gotta agree with Johnny and Butter here, you really made it a challenge to enter that base... (And I'm playing on Easy... )

That whole exterior reminds me of what D'Jure could have been if TSP had ever been released. Awesome job there. I managed to avoid several ice-beasts using the shadows but they're too few and far between for a real Garrett approach. The laser pistol is a godsend

I just entered the base and fought all the bots and managed to get to the Cargo area. I saw a assassin droid. Then I died again.

Mirror is up at SEC

Im loving it at the moment. Agree on the icebeasts - exploding in yer face is a bit harsh!

Cant find the maingate key, am I being blind?

@ raph - Thank you for hosting it

Have you found
    spoiler:
    the grenade launcher in the 2nd level?

Nope, I still cant find it.

Help - where's the maingate key???

No. I found plenty of grenades but not the launcher... I thought I had looked everywhere hmmm guess I'll have to go back!

I laughed out loud at the "Christine burns in Hell" sign though

I'm in the colony now. Everything looks good so far, though I spotted a few "holes" in the cliffs where you can see the sky texture. The hologram room in the basement of the building right to the entrance of the colony could have used more details too.

I'm playing in impossible and the challenge is more than acceptable so far (save for that bloody ladder jump).

raph (or anyone) -

where is the maingate key to get me into Polaris? Cannot find it at all sob

@ Anatoly_Korenchkin

spoiler:
    It's in the first level - search the corpses here: http://www.zinkchristine.de/polaris-011.html

@ raph

spoiler:
    you could go swimming the water is cold, but it hurts just a little bit and the ice beasts don't like water....

thanks! Cant remember seeing that bit before, I assumed the card would be in the building yard bit. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by raph View Post
    That whole exterior reminds me of what D'Jure could have been if TSP had ever been released. Awesome job there. I managed to avoid several ice-beasts using the shadows but they're too few and far between for a real Garrett approach. The laser pistol is a godsend
    The Shock Project... yeah, I heard about this. Wasn't it a fan-made campaign, like Ponterbee and co?

Back to Polaris: Christine, I've noticed that they're a lot of ladders in Polaris. Nothing really wrong here, but are gravshafts too expensive for the UNN now?

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyTheWolf View Post
    Back to Polaris: Christine, I've noticed that they're a lot of ladders in Polaris. Nothing really wrong here, but are gravshafts too expensive for the UNN now?
    don't worry, there are some gravshafts in the other levels