TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 310

Thread: T2 FM: Ultima Ratio 12 Aug 2007

  1. #51
    Member
    Registered: Jul 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by WildWilbur View Post
    Oh, and where can I find

    spoiler:
    the key to the undead fortress? (on expert)
    Answer in English: In one of the upper corner towers, there's a key under 3 crates

  2. #52
    Member
    Registered: Sep 2002
    Location: Sauerland
    Quote Originally Posted by shadows View Post
    Answer in English: In one of the upper corner towers, there's a key under 3 crates
    spoiler:
    I´ve read this before but there is no key under the crates (on expert). I used them already and stacked them to jump on the diagonal beams, but it won´t work...

  3. #53
    Member
    Registered: Jul 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by WildWilbur View Post
    spoiler:
    I´ve read this before but there is no key under the crates (on expert). I used them already and stacked them to jump on the diagonal beams, but it won´t work...
    That's odd. I gave the same answer to STiFU and he found it fine. This is on expert by the way, are you sure you're in the right area? It's in one of the upper towers and it's a blue key.

  4. #54
    Member
    Registered: Aug 2001
    Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada

    Graveyard Access

    I noticed (after the fact) that there is an easier way to gain access to the other side of the gate (near the beginning, after you keyed open the first gate). That is, without having to wiggle your way onto a high ledge and walk around.

    spoiler:
    At the extreme west end wall of the graveyard, look up to the first row of windows noticing that there is no ledge beneath them. However, the third window counting from the left has its own singular ledge, which your rope arrow will attach to. Climb up and discover that the windows will frob open.


    This looks like the way we were supposed to gain access to the rest of the map, but maybe I'm wrong.

    I've found 5 secrets, which I suppose must be good, seeing as I have no idea what to do in this mission. Right now I have keys that don't open anything that I could find, and locked doors that I have no key for.

    Near the graveyard, toward the closed gate (with the dead thief), there is an uphill ramp heading north and apparently a guard on the other side of the north wall, but I have no idea how to get to him. He hears me and starts mouthing off. I need to blackjack him in the hardest way.

  5. #55
    Member
    Registered: Jul 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by Clock View Post
    I noticed (after the fact) that there is an easier way to gain access to the other side of the gate (near the beginning, after you keyed open the first gate). That is, without having to wiggle your way onto a high ledge and walk around.

    spoiler:
    At the extreme west end wall of the graveyard, look up to the first row of windows noticing that there is no ledge beneath them. However, the third window counting from the left has its own singular ledge, which your rope arrow will attach to. Climb up and discover that the windows will frob open.


    This looks like the way we were supposed to gain access to the rest of the map, but maybe I'm wrong.
    You're probably right. I roped myself up to the highest ledge and then walked around pass the gate, but it's very difficult, because only the underside of the ledge is wood, so the rope arrow goes there and then mantling onto the ledge is awkward.

  6. #56
    Member
    Registered: Aug 2001
    Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by shadows View Post
    You're probably right. I roped myself up to the highest ledge and then walked around pass the gate, but it's very difficult, because only the underside of the ledge is wood, so the rope arrow goes there and then mantling onto the ledge is awkward.

    Yes, I did the same thing. But it didn't seem right. For one thing
    spoiler:
    if you slide off one side of the ledge, you land outside the map.
    Also, to get on the ledge requires some finese depending on how you go about it.
    spoiler:
    I couldn't get to it via roping up the tree. I had to go to the far end, outside the graveyard, and shoot a rope arrow onto a window shudder, then leap sideways onto the ledge, walking the rest of the distance.
    The last way to get on the ledge involves discovering a secret
    spoiler:
    (the button on top of one of the crypts?).

    Out of the three ways, it looks like both of us used the least friendly route.

  7. #57

    Clock/Shadows, color me confused, but which ledge are you guys talking about?

    The ledge around the graveyard is a snap, but I wanted to get to the 3rd floor ledge to go around the building and get into the large 'metal' gated area where you see 2 people standing and talking. Also thru the stone wall nearby, you hear some guards. (got to the 2nd floor ledge and into the building adjacent to the graveyard)

    Now, would some kind soul tell me/others how to get to the above area, can not seem to get to the 3rd floor ledge, how, how, how to the last area????

    Thanks Mucho!

  8. #58
    Member
    Registered: Sep 2002
    Location: Sauerland
    Quote Originally Posted by shadows View Post
    That's odd. I gave the same answer to STiFU and he found it fine. This is on expert by the way, are you sure you're in the right area? It's in one of the upper towers and it's a blue key.
    Well, then I´m bugged. There is only one upper tower with 3 crates and a workbench but without any key. The other upper towers got broken chairs and tables, tables chairs and a chest and one is empty. And I´ve alread over three hours playtime...

  9. #59
    Member
    Registered: Aug 2001
    Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by ToadTadWater View Post
    Clock/Shadows, color me confused, but which ledge are you guys talking about?

    The ledge around the graveyard is a snap, but I wanted to get to the 3rd floor ledge to go around the building and get into the large 'metal' gated area where you see 2 people standing and talking. Also thru the stone wall nearby, you hear some guards. (got to the 2nd floor ledge and into the building adjacent to the graveyard)

    Now, would some kind soul tell me/others how to get to the above area, can not seem to get to the 3rd floor ledge, how, how, how to the last area????

    Thanks Mucho!

    You don't need to get to the third floor ledge, But that's how I did it (and I think Shadows) the first time. I discovered the "proper" way later on.

    spoiler:
    On ground level, in the graveyard, go to the far west wall.
    Look up to the first row of windows. One of them is frobbable and is your point of entry to the next section. You can shoot a rope arrow into that small ledge underneath the target window, or shoot a rope arrow at the ledge above the window. Either one allows you to climb up to the frobbable window open it up, and enter.

  10. #60
    Member
    Registered: Aug 2001
    Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by STiFU View Post
    Librarykey locations I can think of:
    spoiler:
    • Key 5 is under the table in the house next to the wooden barrier to the building site
    • Somewhere in the store where you get your lockpicks (this was the easiest one, so I guess you got this)
    • In the small secret library under the church
    • I believe another one was either at cripplewood's or at the justice building. Not quite sure about this one...
    Where is this
    spoiler:
    small secret library. How do you access it? I'm not even sure whether I'm looking in a church. It looks more like an administrative center (building on the west side of the plaza containing a clock tower)


    Addendum: Ok...that WAS an administrative building. The church is in front of a fountain. But I don't have the key to open it.
    Last edited by Clock; 21st Aug 2007 at 15:03.

  11. #61
    Member
    Registered: Aug 2001
    Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada
    Ok, found the church key
    spoiler:
    in a safe on the second floor of a locked office (in a locked building the key to which is recovered after following the drunk). The key to the locked office is on the ground floor under the stairs and the building the drunk had a key for is located NW corner of the plaza with the clock tower.


    Clear as mud? I think I'm playing on expert level, but even that I'm not sure of anymore.

  12. #62
    Member
    Registered: Sep 2002
    Location: Texas
    How much longer on the english translation?

    Sting

  13. #63
    Member
    Registered: Aug 2001
    Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada
    In a related question - What the hell is a Vergifteter Pfeil??

  14. #64
    Member
    Registered: Jul 1999
    Location: did that shadow move?
    Quote Originally Posted by Clock View Post
    In a related question - What the hell is a Vergifteter Pfeil??
    poisoned arrow...

    Ich koennte zwar auch in deutsch spielen, aber leider habe ich auch nur die englische version.

  15. #65
    Member
    Registered: Jul 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by WildWilbur View Post
    Well, then I´m bugged. There is only one upper tower with 3 crates and a workbench but without any key. The other upper towers got broken chairs and tables, tables chairs and a chest and one is empty. And I´ve alread over three hours playtime...
    Strange... an disappearing key, anyone else have this problem on expert? You didn't cause any explosions by any chance in that tower, which may have moved the key around? That's happened before in another mission, it's that's not the case here, i am out of explanations.

  16. #66
    Member
    Registered: Aug 2001
    Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by dkessler View Post
    poisoned arrow...

    Ich koennte zwar auch in deutsch spielen, aber leider habe ich auch nur die englische version.
    Don't ask me how, but I managed to figure out what to do with it. Major fluke. For those that have gotten this far
    spoiler:
    the Vergifteter Pfeil which appears for some reason in the upstairs washroom of the building with the guy playing the piano is used to kill the guy in red who has also appeared in the barroom next door along with a guard. Both these rooms where empty first time I looked around


    I seem to have hit a dead end. I need to open a locked door in the church.

  17. #67
    Member
    Registered: Sep 2002
    Location: Sauerland
    Quote Originally Posted by shadows View Post
    Strange... an disappearing key, anyone else have this problem on expert? You didn't cause any explosions by any chance in that tower, which may have moved the key around? That's happened before in another mission, it's that's not the case here, i am out of explanations.
    No, I picked the crates up to use them jumping on the diagonal beams, which didn´t worked. Really annoying, I like the FM very much, but I won´t start it over.

    @Clock
    spoiler:
    The red guy (Nestor btw.) looses the key, when he dies.


    @Clock & dkessler

    Ihr könnt die Sprache im Darkloader einstellen BEVOR die FM installiert wird (rechts wo man auch "finished" einstellen kann). Ich hab nämlich auch eine englische Version von Thief 2, kann die FM aber trotzdem in Deutsch spielen.

  18. #68
    Member
    Registered: Aug 2001
    Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada
    @Clock

    spoiler:
    spoiler:
    The red guy (Nestor btw.) looses the key, when he dies.

    Thanks...that makes sense. Too bad I had to kill him in front of the guard.
    spoiler:
    The key got me into his room, but there is nothing I can find in the room that progresses the game. I did find an empty slot in the book shelf, but nothing there nor are any books frobbable.


    ADDENDUM:
    spoiler:
    Ok, I found the switch behind the desk.
    Last edited by Clock; 22nd Aug 2007 at 11:17.

  19. #69
    Member
    Registered: Aug 2001
    Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada

    Library Keys

    I've got 3 of the 5 lockers in the library open. Missing keys for locker #1 & 4.

    Also, in Cripplewood's, on the ground floor, in the kitchen, at the SW corner behind a potted plant, there is a jar or something that looks like it might be important. But it doesn't frob. Is this just eye candy?
    Last edited by Clock; 22nd Aug 2007 at 11:56.

  20. #70
    Member
    Registered: Mar 2002
    Location: the beach/ontario

    I'm stuck

    I just got to the area past the two hammers, It looks like a building site of some kind, there are zombies and it looks to me like under the building is a passage. My problem is i can't get past the two boards, they won't break. Could someone give me a hint or two?

  21. #71
    Member
    Registered: Aug 2001
    Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada
    It's a wiggle issue. You just have to find the sweet spot. I do it by kinda jumping towards it. But it doesn't always work. You have to be persistent.

  22. #72
    Member
    Registered: Sep 2002
    Location: Sauerland
    Quote Originally Posted by maloo View Post
    I just got to the area past the two hammers, It looks like a building site of some kind, there are zombies and it looks to me like under the building is a passage. My problem is i can't get past the two boards, they won't break. Could someone give me a hint or two?
    It´s only accessible on Expert.

  23. #73
    Member
    Registered: Jan 2003
    Location: North Carolina, USA
    Quote Originally Posted by WildWilbur View Post
    It´s only accessible on Expert.
    I am still waiting for the mission to be released in English, but can you tell me what restrictions exist in Expert as opposed to Hard? Am I forced to ghost?

    I usually play missions on Hard, but here it seems like I can't see everything unless I play on Expert (which sucks to me).

  24. #74
    Member
    Registered: Aug 2001
    Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada
    I don't think you're forced to ghost on Expert. I've been knocking everybody out in sight (except helmut clad guards) and I don't see a red cross on the objectives. Of coarse that may happen if/when I finish the mission, but the point is the game won't fail on you if you get caught.

  25. #75
    Member
    Registered: Sep 2002
    Location: Sauerland
    Quote Originally Posted by elkston View Post
    I am still waiting for the mission to be released in English, but can you tell me what restrictions exist in Expert as opposed to Hard? Am I forced to ghost?

    I usually play missions on Hard, but here it seems like I can't see everything unless I play on Expert (which sucks to me).
    There are no restriction except the "Kill nobody but the people you have to!". You don´t have the blackjack from the beginning but you get it real soon.

    These are the beginning nine objectives on expert:

    spoiler:
    • Take revenge on Cripplewood and Lord Duncan!
    • Gather as much information on the relic (Element der drei Kräfte (Element of the three forces)) as you can!
    • Take care that Highpriest Nestor never bothers you again!
    • Gather information on how the Hammerite-Factory can be sabotaged. Read Kilgors letter!
    • Steal the most favourite good of the factory boss!
    • Rumours says that somewhere in the city is a very valuable and holy crown. Get it!
    • Even a master thief needs to earn money. Get 6000 gold!
    • It´s no good idea to wreck a blood bath. Don´t kill anyone but the people you have to!
    • When you are done go to the harbour to continue your journey!


    The first objective will check off when
    spoiler:
    Cripplewood gets murdered
    You will get another objective about
    spoiler:
    another thief. First you shall prove her innocence. Later you shall prove her guilt
    This objective will summon up as
    spoiler:
    the ninth objective. The "Go to the harbour"-objective will always be the last objective
    .

    So, will anybody give me the blue key please?

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •