TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: T2 FM: Ultima Ratio 12 Aug 2007

thanks for the replies. I think I'll still be able to enjoy this one on Expert.

Can't wait for the English version!

Quote Originally Posted by WildWilbur View Post
    These are the beginning nine objectives on expert:

spoiler:
    • Take revenge on Cripplewood and Lord Duncan!
    • Gather as much information on the relic (Element der drei Kräfte (Element of the three forces)) as you can!
    • Take care that Highpriest Nestor never bothers you again!
    • Gather information on how the Hammerite-Factory can be sabotaged. Read Kilgors letter!
    • Steal the most favourite good of the factory boss!
    • Rumours says that somewhere in the city is a very valuable and holy crown. Get it!
    • Even a master thief needs to earn money. Get 6000 gold!
    • Itīs no good idea to wreck a blood bath. Donīt kill anyone but the people you have to!
    • When you are done go to the harbour to continue your journey!

Are these in order? So I can do inventory and check off what I acomplished.

I think I need to find Kilgor's letter

Quote Originally Posted by Clock View Post
    I think I need to find Kilgor's letter
    Yes, the above objective are in the right order. And you have Kilgorīs letter already in your inventory at the beginning.

It says
    spoiler:
    that Kilgor instructs you to demolate the Hammerite-Factory. To do this you have to find two Explosive Charges (Sprengladung Nr. 1 & Nr. 2) somewhere in the city and position them in the factory. Sprengladung Nr. 1 has to be put in the west wing of the factory, Sprengladung Nr. 2 in the east wing. They will detonate due to time detonators.

I think those objectives are in order, cause i've completed the first three and the seventh objective and they match up to what i had just done.

Anyone know where the key is for the green safe in the Hammer factory. I suspect it will help me complete objective 4 and/or 5. I've looked over the factory for a key to it, thinking it nearby but with no success.

Objective 6 is of course the crown in the undead fortress, but i haven't worked out how to kill the undead yet, which i think will free the crown.

Quote Originally Posted by shadows View Post
    Strange... an disappearing key, anyone else have this problem on expert? You didn't cause any explosions by any chance in that tower, which may have moved the key around? That's happened before in another mission, it's that's not the case here, i am out of explanations.
    Oh boy, I just donīt believe it. I just tried to lure the "monster" out of the fortress, hoping it would open the door from inside. Hit the door with the blackjack, the "monster" gets mad but wonīt open the door. I switched through my inventory searching for flash bombs or something and gets nerved of all the keys in my inventory to switch through: the red one, the yellow one, the orange one, the blue one, the grey one, the... Wait a minute, a blue key???

Oh man, I had it all the time in my inventory. This is so embarassing...

I REALLY become old...

Anyone know where the key is for the green safe in the Hammer factory. I suspect it will help me complete objective 4 and/or 5. I've looked over the factory for a key to it, thinking it nearby but with no success.
    One of the scrolls or books in the factory tells you that
    spoiler:
    the sleeping guard in the front room has found a key but didnīt dare to pick it up. The factory boss asked for a lost key and appeared to be sad. The key is near one of the crates in the outer courtyard lying on the ground. There lies a healing potion nearby.

Yes, the above objective are in the right order. And you have Kilgorīs letter already in your inventory at the beginning.

It says
    spoiler:
    that Kilgor instructs you to demolate the Hammerite-Factory. To do this you have to find two Explosive Charges (Sprengladung Nr. 1 & Nr. 2) somewhere in the city and position them in the factory. Sprengladung Nr. 1 has to be put in the west wing of the factory, Sprengladung Nr. 2 in the east wing. They will detonate due to time detonators.
    Hmm do i place them on the upper or lower floor? If on the lower floor do i put them in the corridor areas or the loading bays in each wing? Because i am playing this FM on a English version of Thief, the labels for the charges which are only in German, means my charges are not labelled. Does the objective tick off as soon as i've placed the charges, or do i have to leave the factory?

Nevermind i worked it out, place them in the loading bays
    Last edited by shadows; 23rd Aug 2007 at 16:39.

Hmm do i place them on the upper or lower floor? If on the lower floor do i put them in the corridor areas or the loading bays in each wing? Because i am playing this FM on a English version of Thief, the labels for the charges which are only in German, means my charges are not labelled. Does the objective tick off as soon as i've placed the charges, or do i have to leave the factory?
    Itīs from the front room with the sleeping guard the next rooms on the left and on the right (lower floor). The objective ticks off as soon as you placed the second charge. If it wonīt tick off the order was wrong.

Iīm almost done with the mission but 130 short on loot... And I havenīt found the library keys 1 and 4. Oh well...

Well, I never would have figured out the placement of the explosive charges. Now, how does one retrieve the holy crown?
    spoiler:
    Isn't it protected by some field which harms you if you try to pick it up?

ADDENDUM: Never mind.
    spoiler:
    I forgot all about the upper upper floor which contained the spectre?
    Last edited by Clock; 23rd Aug 2007 at 18:09.

Well, I never would have figured out the placement of the explosive charges. Now, how does one retrieve the holy crown?
    spoiler:
    Isn't it protected by some field which harms you if you try to pick it up?
    spoiler:
    I think you have to kill the beast first. After I killed it there was no forcefield.

To kill the beast:

spoiler:
    It really doesnīt like frogbeasts

spoiler:
    I think you have to kill the beast first. After I killed it there was no forcefield.

To kill the beast:

spoiler:
    It really doesnīt like frogbeasts

It doesn't like swords either

I guess I finished the core objectives. The mission however won't end because I only have 5080 in Gold. And a dismal 5 secrets.

Arghhh
    I guess I'm not finished. Found another key. Searched throughout the map for a locked door that the key opens, finally found it, and got a new objective!
    spoiler:
    The locked room has a dead guy in it

Double Arghhh
    The chest in the room is locked!! Now I need another key (I hope there is 1000 Gold in there)

It doesn't like swords either
    Damn! I tried hitting it with the sword earlier but it didn't work, because the 'solid' part of the AI is smaller then normal AIs. You have to hit it lower down to score hits on it. I think this needs fixing or else it could cause confusion. Also the steps leading down to that area need to be increased, i couldn't get down there without incurring loss of 1 or 2 hitpoints. I could just use my slow fall potion, but i'd prefer not to do that.

Also when you exit from the restaurant and turn left. Look straight ahead and you notice the wall of a building with a ledge and then look at the building on the right with an even higher ledge, you can also see a window with a wooden frame which can take rope arrows. I've gotten around to that window on the lower ledge and stuck rope arrows to try and climb up to the higher ledge but i just can't place the arrow so i can jump across without bumping into the frame and bouncing off down to the street below. Has anyone managed to get to this high ledge and is there anything once you follow the ledge around? I suspect there maybe something around there.

Damn!
    spoiler:
    I tried hitting it with the sword earlier but it didn't work, because the 'solid' part of the AI is smaller then normal AIs. You have to hit it lower down to score hits on it. I think this needs fixing or else it could cause confusion.
    Also the steps leading down to that area need to be increased, i couldn't get down there without incurring loss of 1 or 2 hitpoints. I could just use my slow fall potion, but i'd prefer not to do that.
    You must have gotten up there
    spoiler:
    using a rope arrow. Just use the rope arrow to get back down.

Also when you exit from the restaurant and turn left. Look straight ahead and you notice the wall of a building with a ledge and then look at the building on the right with an even higher ledge, you can also see a window with a wooden frame which can take rope arrows. I've gotten around to that window on the lower ledge and stuck rope arrows to try and climb up to the higher ledge but i just can't place the arrow so i can jump across without bumping into the frame and bouncing off down to the street below. Has anyone managed to get to this high ledge and is there anything once you follow the ledge around? I suspect there maybe something around there.
    That upper ledge is slanted, but you can still walk on it. Regardless, there is nothing up there and it only leads to a flat section, if you can wiggle around the corner without falling, and there is nothing there but a wooden crate. Once you get up there, you have to jump down, which takes a hit.

btw...I got to the lower ledge easy enough, without the use of a rope arrow (it would take too much explaining but you can access the second? floor ledges via the way you got to this section of the map). When you approach the higher ledge, a rope arrow WILL attach to the overhang, and then it's just a small jump to the slanted upper ledge.
    But it's not worth it (at least I didn't find anything)

btw...
    That's a cruel trick having all that food laying around but not making it frobbable. My health is almost half, but I don't want to use the health potion.

spoiler:
    I am not sure where you think i am talking about. I am talking about the semi circle ledges that you have to jump down in order to get to the fortress at the bottom. Those ledges are just a tad too far apart

Quote Originally Posted by Clock
    Arghhh
    I guess I'm not finished. Found another key. Searched throughout the map for a locked door that the key opens, finally found it, and got a new objective!
    Where did you find this key? I've found the locked door you're talking about though.

I've searched and searched this map. so either the last few keys and objectives are very well hidden, so they maybe missing perhaps? I still need to open the safe in the office in the Hammer factory, and safety deposit box 1, plus the locked door Clock mentioned

The mission however won't end because I only have 5080 in Gold. And a dismal 5 secrets.
    In the Police Station, in the games room with the helmeted guard, there are small coins on the gambling table. In the what i think is a bank, under the tables in the cubicals are some loot. The meeting room in the police station with the long table, under a chair another purse. In the guard house right back at the 2nd gate, a purse in the rafters of the kitchen, you can also eat the pizza there. In the courthouse another purse under a bench.

Success! I've found deposit box 4 key!

Answer: In the police station near the 2nd gate on the 1st floor in the bedroom, a grey key under the table
    Last edited by shadows; 24th Aug 2007 at 15:23.

Originally Posted by Clock
    spoiler:
    I am not sure where you think i am talking about. I am talking about the semi circle ledges that you have to jump down in order to get to the fortress at the bottom. Those ledges are just a tad too far apart
    Sorry. My mistake. Yes, that's where I lost some health as well. If you crouch and sneak, you get stuck at the lip of the ledge you drop down to. So you have to leap, and take the hit.

Originally Posted by Clock

Where did you find this key? I've found the locked door you're talking about though.
    Yikes...I can't remember. And that was only yesterday. I'm currently juggling a number of things right now, but I'll return to this game later and try to recall where I found that new key.

Answer:
    spoiler:
    In the police station near the 2nd gate on the 1st floor in the bedroom, a grey key under the table
    Deposit Box? Do you mean one of the library lockers? I'll check on that later as well.

I can' t undertstand taffers playing this mission who don' t understand German!
    This mission is too good to be plaed with translations her on the forum.
    Be patient till the english version comes out, it' s really, really worth it!

Deposit Box? Do you mean one of the library lockers? I'll check on that later as well.
    Yes, that's it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike F.
    Be patient till the english version comes out, it' s really, really worth it!
    Well, there's no telling when or if it will come out and besides it's quite a challenge playing it 'blind'.

Actually, playing it now before the english translation is kinda fun. I have every intention of playing it again later. This FM is worth it.

Has anybody gotten all the secrets. There are so many possibilites for hidden areas and loot, I can't imagine evey finding all of them without help.

Answer:
    spoiler:
    In the police station near the 2nd gate on the 1st floor in the bedroom, a grey key under the table
    Police Station = City Watch? I could not find a bedroom at City Watch. And when you say 1st floor, do you mean ground floor or the floor above.

Shadows: Regards as to where the key that opens the room that contains the dead guy and triggers a new objective,

bear with me because I'm not at all sure this is where the key was found....

spoiler:
    As you ramp down towards the dock, there is a level walkway to your left which has an opening (no door). On the first level you come to there is a locked door which i haven't found the key for yet. On the next level directly above the room there is another door which is also locked, and hopefully you have the key for that at this point.
    Inside there is a lever behind the desk near the floor which triggers the wall painting to slide exposing a small hideaway (no secret however). There you find a book and a key. I'm thinking that is the key you are looking for.

Quote:

Answer:
    spoiler:
    Found it, though calling it a police station was confusing.....

spoiler:
    Passing through the 2nd gate (dead female thief), the building to the left (south) has a bedroom upstairs. Grey key is under table

Police Station = City Watch? I could not find a bedroom at City Watch. And when you say 1st floor, do you mean ground floor or the floor above.
    Sorry, I meant the guard post right next to the 2nd gate. The floor above the ground floor, which we call the 1st floor in the UK. There's a table on your left as you enter the bedroom, the key is underneath it

EDIT: Ah, i see you worked it out anyway.

Yeah, but kind of a rip off, seeing as the only thing in the locker was a flash bomb. But at least
    spoiler:
    it was a secret

Did you get the key the location to which I tried to describe above??

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast