TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: T2 FM: Ultima Ratio 12 Aug 2007

Kown Secrets

spoiler:
    Right at the beginning, in the dry part of the sewers. Toggle the switch which raises the grates on both east and west side. Go to the west side and find the ladder and climb.

spoiler:
    In the hotel, just before first gate. Underneath the counter is a switch. Bookcase slides sideways.

spoiler:
    In the graveyard, first section. There is a crypt (square tomb). It seems to be bathed in red light (sunset?). There is a button on top.

spoiler:
    In the giant warehouse, upstairs. Southeast corner room. Large switch on bookcase on west side.

spoiler:
    Key to Locker #5. I forget where it was picked up.

spoiler:
    Key to Locker #4. Building right after 2nd gate. Upstairs in the bedroom underneath the table. Grey Key.

Quote Originally Posted by Clock View Post
    Did you get the key the location to which I tried to describe above??
    Yes, thanks. Can't go any further, i've searched that room as well.

Some very well hidden loot, In the house that you use to get to the undead area that's been boarded off, in the bedroom underneath the wardrobe there's a 2 pieces of loot worth 200 loot - an jewel and tiara. You just need to frob like mad to get them
    Last edited by shadows; 25th Aug 2007 at 13:49.

I got them, and pretty easily. I didn't have to labor at it. Funny how that works out. It's not like I have more sensitive frobbing equipment than you. A few posts up someone said how easy it was for them to get to the ledge around the graveyard. I had a bastard of a time. But that was probably because I insisted on using the trees.

I still have a ways to go before I get the required 6000 GOLD. So the mission still is not ending for me.

Ghost

Questions about upcoming (?) English translation

First, has the translation project gotten to the point of specific, named individuals taking the book, menu, item-name, and objectives files and starting to translate them?

(Is Christine involved? She writes very good English. And I vaguely recall that Nightwalker is either able to help translate German or at least able to tweak a translation into native English. Both women may be busy, of course, but perhaps they can suggest others.)

If so, how's it going? Has translation of the actual mission files started yet?

If it hasn't, is the holdup that the mission author is still looking for a native German and good English speaker who has the time and inclination to do so? Or is there some other problem?

I think a lot of potential players are getting anxious and frustrated... it sounds like a great FM! What is most frustrating is that we don't even have any updates on how the translation is progressing, if at all.

I'm going to start a thread on the English translation of this mission; I hope that those who know what's happening will post there now and again, so those of us completely in the dark can feel some sense of progress!

Thanks,

Dafydd
    Last edited by Dafydd; 25th Aug 2007 at 20:53.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike F. View Post
    I can' t undertstand taffers playing this mission who don' t understand German!
    This mission is too good to be plaed with translations her on the forum.
    Be patient till the english version comes out, it' s really, really worth it!
    I am here, patiently waiting for the English translation.

Though, I did download the German version just to have in my archives.

Martek

Ques: How do I get back from the Fortress?

spoiler:
    Past Zombie land and down the steep rock wall w/ rock 'steps' to get to lava mote around fortress with Hammer ghouls, got the crown, after killing taper-tail with white claws dude, so how do I get back to Zombie land or what is next??

Thanks!

@ToadTadWater

spoiler:
    some crates would be a good help!

more help?

spoiler:
    cross the bridge and turn left, there you can place the crates and mantle up

Another Key Found

It's so hard to describe places on such a large map, but I'll try to be brief.

spoiler:
    On the way to the docks, the road ramps downhill. Just before the final decline, you'll see a level walkway to your left. Near the end is an opening allowing you into the building. At the first level in this building, go north into a hallway with 2 doors. The first door is locked. Go to the next door (I can't remember if it was locked or not). You won't actually see the key, but it's on the floor underneath the set of drawers. Just keep frobbing till you pick it up. That key opens the neighbouring door.

Chest Key Found

spoiler:
    The locked room on the top floor of the hotel (with the dead guy in it) has a locked chest, the key to which is under the bed.

It ticks off an objective, but I can't figure out which one. I can end this mission if only I had the minimum amount of Gold.

Objective Correction ?

One of the objectives as stated by WildWilbur was to retrieve 6000 in Gold. I think it's 6000 in total, including but not exclusively gold.

Anyway, I've finished the mission, but only finding 6 out of 9 secrets, and never finding the key to Locker#1 in the library.

7245 loot out of 7780.

ultima ratio help

been to about every door, cannot figure out what to do at the construction area.

some hints please.

thank you
    "To live in the light is to see everything, to live in the dark is to see everthing you missed in the light."

I must say that this mission is big and i lost track. I am not sure what to do.

spoiler:
    I am at the point with the pianist and the locked toilet upstairs where "i should go later again". At some point i move on further on the mission and i hear a conversation between two people (maybe important persons i am not sure). I am confused what i should do next. I found the building construction area traveled down to the castle but left some things behind like a locked door in the hotel second floor and some unexplored areas near the hamer temple...

I am a bit confused please help

I am a bit confused please help
    I'm not surprised! This is one of the largest and most confusing maps I have ever played. It doesn't help that to progress you have to traverse the map repeatedly to find the next key or the door to which it relates. The author also likes placing keys in extremely arcane locations (usually where they can't be seen). There is an epidemic in this town of people leaving keys under the stairs or on window sills. There is also much to praise but the gameplay is hard to enjoy at times it is so difficult.

Anyway, I am not sure where you have got to so it's difficult to help. The hotel key is (I think) located in the
    spoiler:
    female thief's room (can't remember her name - edit it's Anuschka) down near the docks. Go through the park and down the slope. Just before you reach the bottom go left along the walkway and into the entrance there. There is a key under the chest of drawers in one room which you can't see (definite no no ). You should then locate Guavin's (?) key. Hope that helps.

I only played this yesterday and already I have forgotten what I did. Will post list of secrets and locker key locations later. Still haven't found out the info on the artifact. D'Oh! Edit:
    spoiler:
    it's in locker 3.
    Last edited by The_Dude; 18th Oct 2007 at 06:23.

Is there a walktrough for this mission?
    Edit: Forgot to mention that i play on expert (third choice of difficulty)

Is there a walktrough for this mission?
    Not that I am aware of. Just ask here. But expect a lot of vague replies. I only played it yesterday and already I can't remember much!

Clearinghouse
    Kin, I think you need to climb on balcony (place where you hear a conversation between two guards).

Here is a list of secrets. Don't read this until you have completed the mission. It will only spoil it.

spoiler:
    1. Secret door in factory room with green safe. Switch is obvious.
    2. Locker No. 1 - Healing Potion
    3. Locker No. 2 - Holy Water
    4. Locker No. 4 - Flashbomb
    5. Locker No. 5 - Frogbeast Egg
    6. Switch atop window frame in house (near top of ramp for docks)
    7. Gold nugget in sewers near start
    8. Switch in hotel
    9. Button in graveyard

Please note that numbers 2 & 3 do not register as secrets so the maximum you can get is seven (the author forgot to put frob>script on the two items!) D'Oh! That's why you should always get it properly beta tested.

Will post location of the locker room keys later. I'm off to blow up the factory and find 700 in loot.

I have only a german version of the lootlist. In case somebody will translate it:
    http://rapidshare.com/files/63401562/Lootlist.xls.html

Quote Originally Posted by The_Dude View Post
    D'Oh! That's why you should always get it properly beta tested.
    No time, no rest.

Finally finished this one. A nice looking mission with lots of good points but the gameplay was a little frustrating at times. Thanks to clock for giving a running commentary of his progress which helped me out more than once!

Anyway here are the locations of the locker keys in no particular order:

spoiler:
    1 - Under table in the house which gives you access to the building site
    2 - Under table in bedroom in guard house (near 2nd gate)
    3 - Window sill in bathroom in weapon dealer's house?
    4 - Secret in church
    5 - Top of doorframe in upstairs room in inn

Anyone short of loot (like I was) there is
    spoiler:
    a small ring in the church on a window sill. Not much I know but it got me over the 6000; shadows posted a short list of loot earlier in the thread which helped me out.

I need a rest after that one.
    Last edited by The_Dude; 18th Oct 2007 at 07:36.

Nestor

Ok, so I ko'd Nestor but he is totally unfrobbable. Isn't he supposed
    spoiler:
    to have a key on him for his room at the cathedral?
    I tried hitting him with the special arrow I found afterwards but since he is unfrobbale he is like a piece of furniture.
    My last regular save was like 2 hours earlier too.
    Can I still get
    spoiler:
    the key?

I do hope there is a solution, but I had to reload in a similar situation. It looks like you have to hit him with the special arrow, don't kill him or knock him out, to get the key. Hm, sorry, I should have told this MH so he could fix it maybe by making him un-ko-able and unkillable unless you use the arrow, but I forgot about it.

My last regular save was like 2 hours earlier too.
    Ouch that's gotta hurt.

I'm sure, if you killed Nestor and the objective ticked up (I hope, this sounds right ), then the key appears by his corpse.

Otherwise try it with mines and/or firearrows...

Well, as far as I remember, the objective didn't tick off when I killed him with something else, hm, or did I shoot him with a gas arrow? I don't remember right now. But I'm pretty sure that the special arrow didn't work on him after that. Perhaps mines or fire arrows, as you suggest, would have done the trick, I think I only tried the blackjack and sword, but there was no reaction, only the sound of wood.

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast