TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: T2 FM: Ultima Ratio 12 Aug 2007

Just stay back and stick to the shadows. Make sure you have left no bodies out after you knocked them out where he could see them as he leaves the inn. If he spots one of them laying around he stops and reacts to it and the mission fails. What for a couple approaching guards along the route too.

Quote Originally Posted by bobber View Post
    Thanks for all the help!
    Still can't find the factory key though...........I wonder if I need to do something first to trigger it.
    Found the key! Playing on hard it can be found
    spoiler:
    under the conference table upstairs in the factory.
    I must have missed it a couple times!

I need help me here guyz. I am playing on Normal difficulty:

1. Need keys for locker 1, 2, 4, 5 in the library ?

2. What i need to do at the undead area behind the wooden wall where
    the 2 hammerites stand ?

3. Any short way to reach the hotel (in the beginning) to open Gustav's
    room ?

varunb :
    1. Here's where the keys are on Hard (could be different on Normal :-
    spoiler:
    1 Dancing Burrick, upstairs room, door frame,
    2 Weapons Shop, bathroom, window sill,
    3 Cathedral, secret library,
    4 House south of 2nd gate (dead woman) , bedroom, under dresser,
    5 House next to building site barrier, under dining table.

2. On Hard there was nothing there - except trouble!

3. Didn't see a "short" way -
    spoiler:
    all the way back to that broken window that was tricky to jump through; to the left / north is a place you can jump down to the street in 2 stages (you lose a bit of health, but maybe somebody else found a better way)

Keep going...

Quote Originally Posted by Sticky Fingers View Post
    3. Didn't see a "short" way -
    spoiler:
    all the way back to that broken window that was tricky to jump through; to the left / north is a place you can jump down to the street in 2 stages (you lose a bit of health, but maybe somebody else found a better way)

Keep going...
    What's about the lever next to the gate, which opens it?

Well I have got all the keys. Now can any1 tell me where exactly do I have to put
    spoiler:
    Gustav's diary in the city watch ?
    Last edited by varunb; 25th Oct 2007 at 00:15.

What's about the lever next to the gate, which opens it?
    There was a lever next to that gate? Damn! Thanx anyway, Mongoose.MH

varunb : The_Dude answered this a couple of pages back -

Also, I have a dairy the exonarate the female thief. But I would like to drop it off at the police station but where in the police station. Will this be an objective?
    thank you
    No. This is misleading, you need not do anything with it.

I knew it ! I had tried
    spoiler:
    dropping the diary almost everywhere in the City Watch
    thinking that it wud tick off a hidden objective but nothing seemed to happen then. Thanx once again, Sticky Fingers !

Southquarter.com/fms
    Just spotted that this had been translated to English, here's the southquarter mirror:

http://www.southquarter.com/fms/data/UltimaRatio.zip

Great!

Great FM, Mongoose.MH ! A lot of places to explore, still playing after 3 hours...

P.S.: I wonder why it was so big problem with translation to English... Maybe we haven't got the right 27B-6 form ...

Thanks a bunch

A great big thank you to Mongoose.MH
    This mission was awesome. Among the best over the years and I think I've played them all. Already looking forward to part 3. I hope there will be one. I need to find Lord Duncan. It's great just to walk around and admire the great effort that was put into this mission. It had everything. Great creativity!

The third part is 50% finished, I think. But currently I have no time to complete it because my studies.

And thanks for your nice words.

Can someone please tell me what i need to dp to make the objective about the relic tick off
    I have walked all over but i must have missed something
    IM playing on Expert and everything else is ticked off
    Last edited by Vipercat; 27th Oct 2007 at 09:49.

Also who is the guy just standing around in the corner near where the gate is ? He is in the little courtyard section that you can drop into

Relic

Vipercat, are you talking about the Crown or the factory owners jewel. If it's the crown then you need to make your way past the park. There should be a couple of Hammerites outside a house. Enter that house. In the room towards the back of that house is a passage to a construction site were you find a tunnel at the bottom. Follow the tunnel and it will take you to were you eventually will find the crown.
    The factory owners jewel is in his safe.

No sorry i was talking about the element of three . Where can i find the info im after

Quote Originally Posted by Vipercat View Post
    No sorry i was talking about the element of three . Where can i find the info im after
    In the library, upstairs in locker three.

Ghost

I must be missing something obvious...

spoiler:
    I'm in the undead fortress; I unlocked the front doors using the key under the crate. But I can't get past the crown to climb the ladder upstairs to where I expect some "beast" to be that I must kill in order to break the spell on the crown.

I've tried everything I can think of: There are tempting wooden posts that stick out above the upper windows; I shot a rope arrow into one of them, but it didn't reach the ground. I tried to mantle onto the flying buttress nearest the ramp up, but after repeated failures, I believe there is an invisible wall preventing me from doing that.

So I can dodge the haunts, stare at the crown (it's mocking me, I can tell), but I can't get past it to climb the ladder. Has anyone a useful suggestion?

Thanks,

Dafydd

honestly, just jump/mantle over it and grab onto the ladder.

that is what I did...

Quote Originally Posted by dkessler View Post
    honestly, just jump/mantle over it and grab onto the ladder.

that is what I did...
    That's what I did too ... and to expand:

spoiler:

Before I climbed up the ladder behind the crown, I shot a rope arrow into one of the wooden posts that protrude form the 3rd story windows. The rope should hang down just enough so that you can jump onto it from the 2nd story window.

So -- climb the ladder to the 2nd floor, then grab the rope arrow you shot earlier to reach the third floor where the boss is. And some hints on taking out the "Lich". He is very vulnerable to backstab. So what you should do is douse all the fires burning in the room and then backstab him. I was able to kill him in two hits -- one a big backstab and the other just a quick tap.

BTW, this was my favorite part of the mission and I did it about "half way" through my adventure. Everything else seemed like an anti-climax after this and I thought the key-hunt/backtracking got stale after a while.

I did like what you had to do about Nestor, though. Sort of reminded me of The Godfather . I am still not sure why the mission is called The Ultima Ratio. Maybe there was a scroll I missed or some hidden meaning in the existing ones that I did not grasp.

Thanks MH! for the long (nearly 5hrs) and mostly interesting mission!

Ghost
    Thanks, dkessler and elkston; I don't know why I couldn't get over it the first time, but when I backed far off and did a running jump, I finally cleared it. I've now done that whole section of the mission... all I need is some more secrets, a bit more loot, and to find those explosive charges -- none of which I've found so far!

Dafydd

Quote Originally Posted by Dafydd View Post
    explosive charges -- none of which I've found so far!

Dafydd
    If your on expert...

When you first use the rope arrows to get into the abandoned building with the spiders, one is in the adjoining rooms.

The other is where the zombies are. Up top with the glowing apparition in one corner.

Around two thirds into the mission, watchmen and guards in the street stopped caring that I was walking about, in the area after the large gate leading to the beginning, up to the double doors leading to the clocktower. In the clocktower/library/harbour/start area they reacted to me. Even the Hammerite at the church didn't care that I walked straight into it - and I jumped in his face to rub it in.

Is this normal?

Quote Originally Posted by Dussander View Post
    Around two thirds into the mission, watchmen and guards in the street stopped caring that I was walking about, in the area after the large gate leading to the beginning, up to the double doors leading to the clocktower. In the clocktower/library/harbour/start area they reacted to me. Even the Hammerite at the church didn't care that I walked straight into it - and I jumped in his face to rub it in.

Is this normal?
    Wow! You know, I noticed this too. Towards the "last part" of the mission when I was doing a lot of carefree back-and-forth to complete objectives, I was able to get awfully close to some of the guards without alerting them.

Now I didn't press my luck by getting right into their face, but it just seemed like their awarness really dropped of compared to the earlier parts of the missions. Maybe I just got lucky (I was kind of rushing and didn't feel like sneaking), but it did seem very generous.

P.S. - funny thing-->
    spoiler:

Don't ever get on the wrong side of the chef at that resturant though! He will chase you till the end of days and his fists are lethal!

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast