TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213 LastLast

Thread: T2 FM: Ultima Ratio 12 Aug 2007

Need help, please? (on hard)

1. Still can't get into the factory. Is there a key or am I supposed to mantle up somewhere? There seem to be invisible barriers all over this mission.
    2. Can't locate a key or switch for Cripplewood's safe, either.
    3. What's up with the canister in the corner of Cripplewood's kitchen behind the plant? Egg money in the sugar jar? I can't get back there no way no how.

Quote Originally Posted by redleaf View Post
    Need help, please? (on hard)

1. Still can't get into the factory. Is there a key or am I supposed to mantle up somewhere? There seem to be invisible barriers all over this mission.
    2. Can't locate a key or switch for Cripplewood's safe, either.
    3. What's up with the canister in the corner of Cripplewood's kitchen behind the plant? Egg money in the sugar jar? I can't get back there no way no how.

It seems this is a forgotten thread. I can't seem to get any further either. There is a note by a sleeping guard that speeks if a key
    spoiler:
    on the ground out back
    someware. I couldn't find it. The note also speeks
    spoiler:
    of a key he left in a meeting room.
    I couldn't find that either.

If I remember, the key is in the
    spoiler:
    meeting room under the conference table
    . It isn't visible. You have to click underneath the chairs until you find it. Took me a while to find it.

Hope you guys had a great Turkey Day!

Lightningline: Are you sure you're not thinking of the key to the factory safe? There's supposed to be a
    spoiler:
    sleeping guard in there. There's no guard inside Cripplewood's house.
    The key or switch I need is for Cripplewood's safe which is a wall safe near the desk inside his office upstairs in his home. My lockpicks won't open it.

bobber: I'm guessing you mean
    spoiler:
    the board of director's meeting room inside the police station? I hope it's not a room inside the factory, because I can't get in there. Lockpicks don't work and there's no place to mantle up into the bell towers.

Has anybody managed to frob the
    spoiler:
    sugar canister in the corner of Cripplewood's kitchen? Why is it on the floor behind the plant in the corner?
    Why do I think there needs to be a reason for these things?

I got into Cripplewood's safe.
    spoiler:
    Figured out that my lockpicks weren't working any more. I moved my saves to another drive, and re-installed the mission, bringing back the saves, and reloading the latest one. It worked and I was able to get into the safe. Then suddenly I could also get into the factory, too as the doors were no longer locked!
    Weird. Still don't know about that cannister in Cripplewood's kitchen, though.

Can you get past the boards in the construction area on hard, or is that area reserved for expert only?
    Last edited by redleaf; 24th Nov 2007 at 03:51. Reason: file was corrupt

Weird. Still don't know about that cannister in Cripplewood's kitchen, though.
    The cannister hasn't a meaning. This was a little design error.

Can you get past the boards in the construction area on hard, or is that area reserved for expert only?
    Yes, you can enter it only on expert.

On the ground floor of the building where Anuschka's apartment is, there is a locked door with a plaque that says, "V. Jahn (Office)". How do you open the door?

WackyWacko: you probably found it by now. If I remember correctly,
    spoiler:
    there's a key in the adjacent room where V. Jahn is sleeping.

Of course, MH may have configured this differently for different settings? It helps in this thread to mention which difficulty you're playing.

thief crashes

Do I need to install some scripts or something? The game crashes after I load it in Darkloader 4.2.

Same for me, I can't load it- I get CTDs loading it with both Darkloader 4.2 (before a format and computer upgrade) and 4.3 (after said upgrade).

Any trick I can try to get it working?

Aaaaaand never mind, after some DivX tweaking I got it to load... hopefully no more problems!

And I spoke too soon, CTD again while playing.

I dunno what the problem is
    Last edited by Shaz; 27th Nov 2007 at 03:37. Reason: problem solved! or maybe not?

Have you tried to delete the movie files from the zip archive?

SinisterShadow: I just did, but I'll have to try it out later. Thanks!

Does anyone remember where is
    spoiler:
    the key to the board of directors' room at the city watch, which is supposed to contain the key to the evidence room, which is supposed to contain the key to Anuschka's place, which is supposed to contain the key to the locked room at the hotel?
    I'm playing on the Hard level, in case that matters.

Also, is there any reason to
    spoiler:
    enter V. Jahn's office at the docks? I found the invisible key to the office in his bedroom, but I haven't found anything interesting inside the office.

I think I'm having a glitch?

I made my way to where Cripplewood is standing outside a tavern or hotel or something. He's just standing there with another guard like they are supposed to be talking, but they are not. Nothing happens till I walk past and they see me. Then, I hear the new objective sound, then the mission fails, and a new objective is on the list to follow Cripplewood to Duncan, which is X'ed out like I failed it.

Am I missing a cutscene or something here!?

Also, I no longer seem to be getting text on screen when a new objective comes up.

MH.TheFreak,

What a great mission!
    Very nice architecture, and the size - wow!
    Thanx!

I just started playing this one last night, and so far I'm loving it! Though I did have the problem with the mission crashing in at startup due to the movies (divx movies?). Oh well.
    I've just gotten into the KGB building to be greeted by a most wonderful Easter Egg--the theme from Brazil! How appropriate. Now I'll have to poke around and see if I can find Sam (I say, has anybody seen Sam Lowry?)

I'm at the construction site and have no idea how to get into the hole. There's a wooden plank blocking the way and I can't smash it. Is there another way in? I'm playing on expert.

Where is the key to locker 5? I've seen postings to this regard but I only got the key to locker 1 in the Inn.

Thanks.
    Last edited by Verak; 24th Feb 2008 at 16:55.

Quote Originally Posted by Verak View Post
    I'm at the construction site and have no idea how to get into the hole. There's a wooden plank blocking the way and I can't smash it. Is there another way in? I'm playing on expert.
    Jumping?

Quote Originally Posted by fibanocci View Post
    Jumping?
    Yeah, I tried that, but it doesn't work. Maybe I'll try a crate (of course, there're none in this area).

OK, the crate worked--I'm in. :-)
    Last edited by Verak; 25th Feb 2008 at 15:48.

factory safe key problem

Ok, taffers, I got this kind of problem:
    I located in Dromed where the key is, but when I go back to the game, the key cannot be seen. I tried clicking all over the place, but just cannot grab it......... I think it's maybe under the floor surface.....
    What can I do? Can I edit it in Dromed, and maybe give the floor me command?

Start dromed, and type this command:

set game_mode_backup 0

Then go into the gamemode, load your save and then back to edit mode. You can now link the key to the player start point or place the key on the correct place.
    After this, you can save this under a new savegame when you go back to game mode. It worked in many cases for me.

OMG I tried to set the key higher but it's still invisible, but is there!!!!
    I hate when these weird facts occour......
    But when I start Dromed I get this error:

Can this be the cause?
    Last edited by maga; 1st Mar 2008 at 15:08.

This error message is normal. There is a fix for this, but you don't need it really. Just click on 'Ignore' and the mission will load.

........Nevertheless I'm not able to see the key.
    I also tried to remove the links and locks from the safe, in order to get what is inside. But if it's only loot I'l just proceed without it..............or is there something that you con't do without in order to finish the mission????

On which difficulty are you playing?

"Hart"

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213 LastLast