Thread: Ura Aug.26/07

Ura Aug.26/07

Dear fanatics,

I made a new FM pack with two missions.

You can download it from here:

http://drturirobert.extra.hu/welcome_elemei/Ura.zip

I hope you will like it!

R

Fanatics is right! Downloading now. Wish I didn't have to go to work this morning but hopefully will be back tonight in time to have a go.

You might want to stick T2 in the title though.

...and the date of release will be important in the future...

Thanx, GaalKean, d'l fine from the offered site. You might consider getting it on other sites as well -- say southquarter or Thief- The Circle.

Downloaded. Will play later on. Thanks for the mission!
    Haddur! Could someone post the story until here in a few words? It s been a while since I played it

Thanks for the mission, and thanks for not giving proper credit to all the authors of these custom models and textures! TAFFER!
    Last edited by Sluggs; 26th Aug 2007 at 08:11.

Desperately Dodgy Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluggs View Post
    thanks for not giving proper credit to all the authors of these custom models and textures! TAFFER!
    No kidding! I see stuff in this mission by NV, R Soul, tdbonko, Schwaa, Shadowspawn, Vigil, and myself, and probably others... not cool...

bikerdude
    Quote Originally Posted by Yandros View Post
    No kidding! I see stuff in this mission by NV, R Soul, tdbonko, Schwaa, Shadowspawn, Vigil, and myself, and probably others... not cool...
    probably just an over site by the author I would have thought, he looks like a new taffer to the scene. Im sure he/she will sort it etc.

biker

edit: ok well he may not be new, but English isn't his first language etc.
    Last edited by bikerdude; 27th Aug 2007 at 06:37.

The readme.txt says it's by Turi Robert -- he's done 2 or 3 before this one.

Anybody find out what those green potions are for?

Southquarter.com/fms
    There's a mirror here on southquarter:

http://www.southquarter.com/fms/data/Ura.zip

Although I'm slightly tempted NOT to make it available until proper credit goes into the readme. There's no excuse for this, if the person was new or a veteran.

To be fair though:

-Authors of tutorials
    -for every AI models, objects and sounds
    I know that's not proper credit, and names should be listed, but it's not like the author's claiming to have made everything.

True enough, and I didn't mean to come across as really pissed earlier, just minorly annoyed that Turi couldn't have taken the time to list credits for individual objects and textures. He'll probably correct it soon.

Thanks a lot for this new mission.

Actually I do not think what he did is a big deal. He thanked everyone all at once, instead of listing every name. If he did not try to thank them at all, then it would be a mistake.

I have it and will try it soon.

Sting )

Okay I am stuck. I found the silver key in the dungeon and have no idea where to use it. There are no locked doors anywhere. Thanks so much!

Sting

Quote Originally Posted by Stingm View Post
    Actually I do not think what he did is a big deal. He thanked everyone all at once, instead of listing every name. If he did not try to thank them at all, then it would be a mistake.
    I'm not trying to belabor the point here, but he didn't thank "everyone all at once" - he didn't actually thank anyone in particular, but made a very general statement:
    -for every AI models, objects and sounds
    Most of us who make objects and stuff ask that the users of those files "give me credit in your mission readme", not "make a general, anonymous statement of thanks to the people whose work you're using". It's not the same to say "Thanks to all the people whose stuff I used in this mission" as opposed to "Thanks to Vigil for his great textures, NV for the cool lamps, etc."

I mean c'mon, how hard is it really to type a few extra lines in your mission readme?

I'm stuck at the same point,
    spoiler:
    I grab the silver grey from the dungeon where the pagan is with two frogs and a drill.

After that, don't know what to do

I'm stuck to.
    spoiler:
    I've also found a key, and I don't know where to use it. I've come across a place where there are these wooden "cubicles", that seem to be experimenting areas. In one of them is a rabbit. Anyways, near this area is a darkened entrance that seems to be a dead end. when I go there, I hear some monstrous sounds, but I just don't know how to get to the beast! help, anyone???

oh, and Stingm, what key are you talking about?
    spoiler:
    I didn't find my key in a dungeon. I went into the house that has a ladder leading to a red spider. from the spider's room, I jumped to the wooden room that contained the chest with the key.

thief0:
    spoiler:
    Well, I think the key you mean is yellow, you gotta use it in the metal door of the haunt hut, where you can go down to two zombies and a dungeon with a silver key.

Stingm:
    spoiler:
    The silver key. You gotta use it in a little manor in the way of the cages with the beast sounds.

I will try to find a manor near a building with beast sounds. I know there is a barn with what sounds like burricks, maybe thats it.

Yandros, it is a general statement thanking everyone. English is obviously not his first language, but that is what he is doing. Why you do not see it, I do not know. It almost seems like you just want to see your name in the readme. I hope thats not the case. I know you have contributed some excellent stuff, and I thank you tons. I mean no offense, but thats how your coming across to me and a few others.

Sting

Okay I am stuck yet again. I made it to the underground area with
    spoiler:
    the lava and the spirit that shoots power balls at you. How do I beat her? Does taking the skull off the pedistol do anything?
    Thanks for any help!

Sting

Quote Originally Posted by Stingm View Post
    Yandros, it is a general statement thanking everyone. English is obviously not his first language, but that is what he is doing. Why you do not see it, I do not know. It almost seems like you just want to see your name in the readme. I hope thats not the case. I know you have contributed some excellent stuff, and I thank you tons. I mean no offense, but thats how your coming across to me and a few others.

Sting
    Yandros is right about this.

i.e.
    spoiler:
    Models and textures by Don Willadsen, don@willadsenfamily.org

The 3D models and images that appear in the TEXTURES folder and subfolders of my web site (willadsenfamily.org) are my work unless otherwise stated, and are intended for use in game mods. The images are free to use for nonprofit purposes.
    I require only that you credit me
    spoiler:
    and send me an email so that I can enjoy the game mod you make and/or know that they were useful to someone.
    next example
    spoiler:
    Usage conditions
    ----------------
    -You are welcome to use, modify and distribute these textures as part of your Thief and Thief II missions, as long as you a) send me an email to let me know, before the mission is released and b)
    credit me in the readme file
    spoiler:
    along with a link to www.washboardabs.net/thief/. -You are not free to use these graphics in any context other than a Thief II mission without my express permission.
    another one

spoiler:
    This model is copyright 2006 by Syi.

You are permitted to use it in your Thief or System Shock 2 Fan Mission,
    provided that you give credit to the author.
    spoiler:
    You may not commercially exploit this model in any way. You may freely distribute this model, as long as the archive remains unmodified. Use at your own risk.
    Nameless Voice's wicker linen basket
    spoiler:
    = Copyright Information =

This model is copyright 2004 by Nameless Voice.
    You are permitted to use it in your Thief Fan Mission,
    provided that you give credit to the author.
    spoiler:
    You may not commercially exploit this model in any way without my explicit permission.
    You may freely distribute this model, as long as the archive remains unmodified.
    Nameless Voice will not be liable for any incidental, special, consequential or any other damages that may result from the use or inability to use this model, including, but not limited to venomous bites incurred while attempting to place a snake into a large wicker basket.
    English is obviously not his first language
    English, is not my first language too.

Stingm I was in the same place I used all of the fire arrow looking things on her but only a few looked like it hurt her so I took the skull and ran. Then I went back up and dispatched the bloke walking around after he started shooting things at me!! But I don't know what to do now????? and I don't know what the green potions that look like invisibility potions are for??

Its a sticky point indeed. Technically (spelling) he is giving credit by thanking all. But if the authors want their names mentioned specificaly then I understand. But they shoud say that. I and a few others take giving credit to be exactly what he did.

I do see your point though and when I make my mission, I will be sure to not just say thanks, but to name everyone if thats what they want. )

Sting

P.S. Now what about where I am stuck. What do I do with that evil woman?

after finding the grey key in the dungeon where do you use it at in a house or barn any info would be helpfull thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pwl View Post
    ...I used all of the fire arrow looking things on her...
    Where did you find those?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast