TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: T3 Silence

T3 Silence

Just so I can prove I'm working on something. This is a mission for T3 (boo, hiss) that I've got mostly finished. Its a pretty small map, as it was mostly intended as a test to see how well I can manage t3ed. The idea is that its part 1 of a bigger story, and hopefully I'll get around to finishing parts 2 through 900. Anyway, heres some screenshots, should be completed any day now.

http://www.eds.org/~venter/thiefDS/screenshots/

I'd like to play more T-DS maps--especially a campaign, nudge : )

Ide love to see some more T3 missions as well.

I still think its funny that after listening to everybody whine for the T3 editor to be released, and then to hear them saying "OH! IT'LL BE SO COOL! WERE ALL GONNA STOP MODDING T2 AND USE T3!" that hardly anybody uses it.

jtr7
    CrackedGear, not bad.

That's a tired comment, LaughingMan008. And you sound eerily just like another TTLG member who loves to push buttons by saying almost exactly the same thing in the face of the facts. That issue's been directly addressed by the very people who wanted T3Ed the most. T3Ed's not easy to use and it even caused grief for TDS's developers. There have been many attempts to use it that were just too tedious. DromEd is far more understood and, before TDS came out, already had far more tutorials, customizations, support, and resources then T3Ed ever will. Why struggle to understand the damn thing when you can be much more productive with DromEd? Great strides were made with T3Ed but the main goals were never reached. We wanted T3Ed released at first to make FM's with newer technology. Then we wanted T3Ed to fix all the problems with TDS. Then we found out what the devs. were up against when some dedicated teams battled the editor until it no longer made sense to keep trying. Life goes on. Now we anticipate the Dark Mod.

Besides, it's just like you said:
    Cant you all just make fan missions in Thief 2 instead of Thief 3?
    You don't HAVE to use Thief 3 just because its there. Ide much rather play in the Dark Engine.
    But maybe you didn't know this was a tired issue. Maybe I've completely misunderstood your intent?
    Last edited by jtr7; 3rd Oct 2007 at 17:33.

No, I didn't know this issue was considered "tired." I'm not here a lot.
    And I wasn't trying to push buttons. I legitimately think its funny that the T3 engine turned out to be so inferior to The Dark Engine.

IMO, T3 FM's are as welcome as T2 FM's, besides, we need the variety. It's true that there aren't that many T3 FM's out there just yet, but it's only a matter of time. Once more author's get the hang of the editor and inserting custom objects, etc, etc, we should be seeing more T3 FM's.

Inserting your own custom objects takes some time to figure out, and you need a certain version of 3DS Max. In T2, such things are a doddle!

Anyone who can make a T3 FM deserves a bloody medal!

Keeper of FMs
    IMO, anybody who takes the time to make ANY mission, T1, 2 or 3, deserves a medal!!

anybody who takes the time to make ANY mission, T1, 2 or 3, deserves a medal!!

And a six pack of Heineken.

My 2 cents

I agree with pavlovscat and balbaro about the great work of our contributors. I have played only 3 T3 missions and, just speaking for myself, I think they were xlnt, but my problem that puts me off about T3 missions is the "clunkiness" of movement and the delayed reaction of weapons, especially the blackjack. I am hoping some day some of our brightest mission makers can work this out.

Awsome!!!

Iīm looking foward to play it! Damm!!! itīs been a long time since i donīt play T3 fms

Nice screenshots. Looking forward to play it.

Looking good. Great work!

Quote Originally Posted by CrackedGear View Post
    The idea is that its part 1 of a bigger story, and hopefully I'll get around to finishing parts 2 through 900.
    900 missions??? are you serious?

I like the T2 Fanmissions best!
    Also the OM.
    That doesn't mean that I don't honour the authors who made T3 FM's.
    I'm just not playing them yet.

Gloria Creep
    There're angels who playThief and angels who don't ........ both go to heaven ............
    Dare to join .............

Looks lovely, maybe I'll play it if the author is not mad with extreme difficult settings.

I'm always fond of a challenge, so I'm trying to make it hard, but thats what the different difficulty settings are for.

And no, I'm not really doing 900 of these, but it feels like it will take that long considering how much time is going into finishing just one.

I'm hoping to ask for beta testers once I get over the stupid "crash at 40%" problem that everyone else dealt with so long ago. I'll let yall know.

Good style! I like it!
    Please, feel free to send me a direct email with any editing quetions or when you'll need a tester!!!

A TDS FM finally! Kinda miss them with all those RPG playing right now

I liked the screenies pretty much, so I don't want to sound mean , but it just seems that the stars could be a little more sharp. Just my humble opinion though. Nice work!

Just wanted to give a quick update. The mission is so very almost done, just waiting on some translations before I put it up anywhere. ok thats all, good night.

Quote Originally Posted by LaughingMan008 View Post
    I still think its funny that after listening to everybody whine for the T3 editor to be released, and then to hear them saying "OH! IT'LL BE SO COOL! WERE ALL GONNA STOP MODDING T2 AND USE T3!" that hardly anybody uses it.
    Well, you have to give it a try and you will see for yourself, why this is the case.

If you want translalalators, I'll have to pass, I've started to forget Italian and spanish is not my favorite language, I've started fiddling with Russian a bit, but is very hard and complex. Sounds like a nice hobby anyway to try and learn another language.

Keeper of FMs

Silence is now at The Circle

This mission can be downloaded here from The Circle.

Clearinghouse
    Nice! Downloading.

Clearinghouse
    Excellent. This mission includes Russian language. Big thank, Tiens

Clearinghouse
    The game crash if I use fm user.ini
    user.ini is wrong in mission zip.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast