TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 6 of 98 FirstFirst ... 234567891011162126313641465156 ... LastLast

Thread: Thief 1/2 & SShock 2: DDFix and Enhanced Resolution Patch - discussion

I finally got T2 to work.. Looks wonderful as well.
    Fantastic colours,stars and sky. Inside the colours and textures are wonderful as well. Until!.
    I can not take a screen shot either it is just black?. I don't know if that anything to do with this.

When I put the patch in T2PremierPatch107-118. I know that it is needed.
    No food in the kitchen on the table.
    Also
    Telliamid scripts and Gaylesaver scripts.
    I don't know which has done it but the game crashes bad sky and colours again. It only plays for a few minutes.
    Reinstalled it without the patch and is playing again. Does anyone know what is causing this.

Quote Originally Posted by Gillie
    I finally got T2 to work.. Looks wonderful as well.
    Fantastic colours,stars and sky. Inside the colours and textures are wonderful as well. Until!.
    I can not take a screen shot either it is just black?. I don't know if that anything to do with this.
    That is because DDFix breaks the screenshot function in thief. However, the workaround is to use Timeslip's ddfix GUI and pick what kind of image format you want to use (i.e. jpg) and then press the hotkey to take screenshots from now on with ddfix.

Quote Originally Posted by sNeaksieGarrett View Post
    That is because DDFix breaks the screenshot function in thief. However, the workaround is to use Timeslip's ddfix GUI and pick what kind of image format you want to use (i.e. jpg) and then press the hotkey to take screenshots from now on with ddfix.
    Thanks for the reply. Timeslip's patch worked.
    I think it is this? It is already in Jpeg. The resolution is only 640x48x16,
    I am not sure whether to change it. Then would It change the main game
    On my main game also after the ddfix the only resolution I have there is 640x48x16. No other resolution is there now..

I still do not know what to do about the original patches Ie: T2 premier patch for my sold out version 7. Either putting that in or the scripts to play fm's
    Telliamid scripts and Gaylesaver scripts. The game is going back to bad again and crashing.

PC Gamering Smartey Man
    I <3 consoles and gamepads

Quote Originally Posted by Gillie View Post
    Thanks for the reply. Timeslip's patch worked.
    I think it is this? It is already in Jpeg. The resolution is only 640x48x16,
    On my main game also after the ddfix the only resolution I have there is 640x48x16. No other resolution is there now..
    The resolution settings in both ddfix.ini AND cam.cfg have to match.

anyone got the system shock fix handy?

Yes.

hey thanks, problem though, I run it and it says

"DirectX version 6 or higher is not installed. Please install DirectX 6 before playing. DX6 installer can be accessed through the autoplay dialog."

This is on a 8800gt, 169.13 driver. The thief2 fix works fine. Any ideas?

edit - ahhhh I needed to stick the ddfix stuff in the shock folder too

edit2 - well it worked great right up until the point where I searched the first corpse, then it crashed
    Last edited by cacka; 1st Jan 2008 at 10:11.

The resolution is only 640x48x16,
    Yes, you use ddfix to pick the resolution you want, and it changes it in the game as well. Mine has 1024 x 768 and 640 x 480 in the games menu, but before the ddfix I had a lot more resolutions. I think ddfix just removes the other resolutions for some reason or another. *shrugs* If you use ddfix, just change the res there, that's all you gotta do.

T2 premier patch for my sold out version 7.
    Correct me if I'm wrong guys, but is yours the premier pack? Are you running thief on v1.07? Only patch it if you have 1.07 and want to have 1.18, which is the latest patch for thief 2.

I got the resolution changed okay.
    It is saving the dump images in the Thief directory as PCX I can not change that,It is just black. Even when I open it and convert them to Jpeg.
    The THief2 I have is 1.o7. I know I need to patch It I always have. To get.
    v.18

I did it in the wrong order .
    Altough it was working with the ddfix. Once I put in the premier patch It crashed again. Bad colours etc

@Biker sent me a ddfix patched. I should have fully patched it then put in the DDfix.
    I need to do it all again then try!!!

Edit: I put in the patch and scripts. Then the ddfix Crashed again after a minute. Bad sky and colours

I Give up...
    Last edited by Gillie; 1st Jan 2008 at 20:39.

@Biker sent me a ddfix patched. I should have fully patched it then put in the DDfix.I need to do it all again then try!!!

Edit: I put in the patch and scripts. Then the ddfix Crashed again after a minute. Bad sky and colours
    Gillie what r u like babe, LOL

The thief2.exe I sent you as I said in the email is both 107->118 and ddfix'd(1.0.8) patched - so there is no need to do either of those. I sent you all the other thief related patches just in case you needed then....

OK, do the following:-
    Delete the thief2 folder and reinstall. Then rull all the "other" patched I sent you, then just put the put the thief2.exe file Ive sent you in your thief 2 folder (when I ran the ddfix gui, I selected 1280*1024, 2xAA, Aniso, video fix, and selected .jpg as the screen shot type)

Finally when thief is working lovely, make a zip file of the entire folder (like I have) so that when thief screws up you can just delete and upack etc.

Dont make me ride up there and have to extract dinner and a beer for sorting your thief out...

biker

Oh dear you are kind.
    I blame some of it on someone else here. Threatened to put it in the bin I should have read more carefully. It must a age thing.

Thanks for the help again I will do that piece by piece.

Is the original T2's (Not sold out) patched already. I was thinking of getting a couple more (In case). Amazon has them.

Is the original T2's (Not sold out) patched already. I was thinking of getting a couple more (In case). Amazon has them.
    Hi Gille, np your welcome. :-)

The sold out version is 1.07, so it has to be patched and all the other patches need to be installed. The only thing that is fixed with the SO version is the installer - you dont have to use the lgforce method anymore..

biker

I thank you @biker for all your help.
    The ddfix and patched you sent me I know would work, I had it working with timeslips without the patch.
    When I put the ddfix with patched I just get an error message.
    "You do not have DirextX7 Installed" it will then go no further I can not get past that message. I have direct x10 anyway. I can find no way to bypass that.

I don't seem to find anyway around it. Unless I can somehow put the premier patch in first. Then it does not work..

gillie, I was having that problem up the page, only with ss2. Do you have ddfix.ini and ddfix.dll in your thief2 folder? if not download this

http://timeslip.chorrol.com/current/Thief2Fix.7z

you need 7 zip to open it

http://www.7-zip.org/

--

btw, ss2 still crashes everytime i loot a corpse with ddfix installed

Quote Originally Posted by cacka View Post
    gillie, I was having that problem up the page, only with ss2. Do you have ddfix.ini and ddfix.dll in your thief2 folder? if not download this

http://timeslip.chorrol.com/current/Thief2Fix.7z

you need 7 zip to open it

http://www.7-zip.org/

--

btw, ss2 still crashes everytime i loot a corpse with ddfix installed

Thanks I would try that.. But I have broken/cracked the disc now..

Just wanted to comment here that I'm getting much more consistent performance by enabling vertical sync via the NV control panel (actually nHancer, in my case) rather than setting vwait to 1. The game is certainly unplayable without any synchronization, borderline playable with vwait set to 1 (a fair degree of stuttering), and perfect when vsync is enabled via nHancer. Not just good: perfect.

Those with 8800s might want to take a look into nHancer, as it allows for mixed MSAA/SSAA (supersampling) modes on G8x/G92 cards without having to mess with the registry. Try 16xS, which is 4xMSAA plus 2x2 supersampling (frames are drawn at twice the set resolution). Combined with 16xAF, I'm staying locked at 60fps on my 8800 Ultra.

It may be possible to force triple buffering via RivaTuner or some other tool, but it'd only add to the input lag, which is hefty enough as it is.

Now I just need to snag myself a good CRT so I can put an end to this nasty panel scaling (and get my blacks back)

Quote Originally Posted by phide View Post
    Just wanted to comment here that I'm getting much more consistent performance by enabling vertical sync via the NV control panel (actually nHancer, in my case) rather than setting vwait to 1. The game is certainly unplayable without any synchronization, borderline playable with vwait set to 1 (a fair degree of stuttering), and perfect when vsync is enabled via nHancer. Not just good: perfect.

Those with 8800s might want to take a look into nHancer, as it allows for mixed MSAA/SSAA (supersampling) modes on G8x/G92 cards without having to mess with the registry. Try 16xS, which is 4xMSAA plus 2x2 supersampling (frames are drawn at twice the set resolution). Combined with 16xAF, I'm staying locked at 60fps on my 8800 Ultra.

It may be possible to force triple buffering via RivaTuner or some other tool, but it'd only add to the input lag, which is hefty enough as it is.

Now I just need to snag myself a good CRT so I can put an end to this nasty panel scaling (and get my blacks back)
    Well said.
    Im replacing my retail joke-of-a fan/heatsink combo that came with my "G80" GTX with the new Zalman VF1000 and RHS88vram sinks, so I can bios flash to the ultra bios speeds.

I think then I will be ready to implement further possibilities as you described.
    I just have to find that website that lists the many bios mods for it, and choosing the right one, but not until, once I complete the hardware installation upgrade.
    Last edited by dealasteal; 3rd Jan 2008 at 23:53.

Quote Originally Posted by dealasteal View Post
    Well said.
    Im replacing my retail joke-of-a fan/heatsink combo that came with my "G80" GTX with the new Zalman VF1000 and RHS88vram sinks, so I can bios flash to the ultra bios speeds.
    been there done that

Dont exspect much more than 621core/1458shader/1081memory

biker

Quote Originally Posted by Bikerdude View Post
    Evening taffers

Ive been playing with version 1.0.8 as the latest 1.1.1 is very stuttery on my system. Apart from the cursor, switching to desktop and the memory leak problem with 1.0.8 its the best version, but...

Does anyone have a copy of 1.1.0

thanks biker
    Did you ever find a solution to this? My game is very choppy...I can live with the videos being choppy and having to move the mouse but the gameplay at this point is just as bad as having green shadows.

Actually things just got weirder.

I tried uninstalling the patch and reinstalling. Upon starting Thief 2 my PC powered off. I turned it back on, ran Thief 2 and the gameplay choppiness had disappeared, only to be replaced with objects missing from the game and my inventory not correctly displaying the names.

It's funny, because I had kept Thief 2 uninstalled for the last few months because I didn't even know there was a fix until today. I'm glad that there's hope that buying this 8800 GTS didn't ruin all backwards compatibility.

Any ideas for what's going on with my system?

Quote Originally Posted by Biohazard View Post
    I tried uninstalling the patch and reinstalling. Upon starting Thief 2 my PC powered off. I turned it back on, ran Thief 2 and the gameplay choppiness had disappeared, only to be replaced with objects missing from the game and my inventory not correctly displaying the names.
    yeah I had this happen to me olso, but as I keep a zipped clean version of T2 handy at all times, I just nuked the existing T2 folder and unzipped.

Untill I find a copy of 1.1.0 I'm sticking with 1.0.8 as 1.1.1 is too choppy in game for me.

I have asked for a copy of 1.1.0 but it seems no one has it...

biker

Well upgrading to XP x64 broke my Thief 2. The ddfixGUI won't load, and yes I have .Net 2 and 3 installed as well as the updated version of DX9c. So I did it manually with ddfix.ini and editing the Thief2.exe with a hex editor, and that worked...sort of. I can only run the game at 640x480, and yes, I made sure ddfix.ini matched with cam.cfg. Any suggestions?

I do not believe it...
    Thank you so much Tiemslips fix and Biker etc/
    IT IS WORKING.
    Patched ddfixed.. Nice sky and colours I think. I was never very good at understanding it all
    The colours are sharp a bit cloudy in parts in running interference it is playing on anyway. Lovely stars/

There is one Big problem. I changed the resolution as in my above post both game and ddfix set up is the same. jpeg format
    I tried to get a screen shot it is just black screen again.
    Is there a way I can fix this/change it.
    It is also taking screen shots (Dump) on it's own I have over thirty so far.
    Without prompt?

They are just black screen too..

I read somewhere on the forums about another solution to try. You can bypass the vsync option of ddfix.
    If you disable vsync in ddfix (do not enable it in the ddfix.ini file)
    Instead, Go to your nvidia settings - control panel-->manage 3d settings tab and set 'Verticle Sync' to "Force on"

I think there is a BIG difference in my playback now. The lag effect seems to be less than before.
    Last edited by dealasteal; 8th Jan 2008 at 00:17.

Looking back on some of the posts Am I right in thinking you can only get screen shots on some like mine using "Print Screen" I used it with capture.
    Then saved it. Had to press escape after save. It does go back Continue game. I take it "Dump" is Unnecessary
    I could not get dump to work at all.
    I tweaked the ddfix set up to jepeg/ It was saving dump screen shots without me asking it too though black an nothing else.
    had over 80.eek:. Now just the two I have saved.

It is working maybe still a bit green in but quite sharp..
    Thanks for this Fix @ Timeslip I would have to give up otherwise. It has taken me a while.
    Biker Thanks for all your help and patience so much.
    This is what I got.

Page 6 of 98 FirstFirst ... 234567891011162126313641465156 ... LastLast