TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Bane II - Cult of the Damned (a.k.a. A Keeper's Betrayal 2) - Oct 30, 2007

Bane II - Cult of the Damned (a.k.a. A Keeper's Betrayal 2) - Oct 30, 2007

Attention: This mission is the sequel to Bane I - Keep of Deceit. Make sure you've played that mission before starting Bane II – Cult of the Damned.

The events of the story take place during Thief II – the Metal Age. Truart has been elected as the City's new Sherriff. Karres is the High priest of the Mechanist Order. But while the Mechanists and the Sherriff are involved in their sinister plots, the Keepers are occupied with a new threat, a threat with roots in an ancient evil, hundreds of years old…

theImmortalThief presents:
    Bane II – Cult of the Damned
    Part 2 of the Elemental Banes series

It's been 6 days since the night you escaped the Keeper Compound of the nearby city of Daleville, with the Sea Bane. Your search for a way to destroy the Sea Bane for good has lead you to a certain Lord Hasaan, a wealthy historian with a passion for the Damnation Era, the era of the Necromancer King's tyranny. His estate is located outside the city in a historic region near ancient ruins. Lord Hasaan has recently finished writing a paper regarding the Damnation Era and the Sea bane. The paper is unpublished, so he has the only copy. Acquiring it may be very useful in ending this madness.
    Four nights ago, Salfatora, the antique dealer who sold First Keeper Bouran the ancient scroll regarding the Sea Bane, showed up at the estate and remains there. Last night the gates to the estate were suddenly closed and the whole estate was put under security lock down. Strange things are afoot in Lord Hasaan's estate. Tonight you shall enter and investigate the situation. It seems that food is the only thing allowed through the gates, so you shall hide in a crate and enter with tonight's delivery of goods.
    The mission can be downloaded from this link: (6.66 MB)
    Thief - The Circle
    southquarter
    megaupload
    rapidshare
    0815x.org

Bane II – Cult of the Damned was previously known as "A Keeper's Betrayal 2"

Very special thanks to: (in no special order)
    Phil Dispenza (Philflound)
    Silent_Warrior
    bikerdude
    The Phantom
    Dafydd
    Yandros
    Tiper (my Brother!)
    For patiently testing this mission and who without their help this mission would contain many bugs and problems. And thanks to my mom, an editor, for proof reading the texts in the mission.

Also special thanks goes to Dafydd for his efforts and ideas for making this mission ghostable.

I also thank everybody at the TTLG Editor's guild who helped me by answering my questions.
    And also I need to thank SlipTip, for allowing me to use some of his beautiful textures.

I hope you all enjoy playing this mission as much as I enjoyed making it.

Immortal
    Last edited by theImmortalThief; 31st Oct 2007 at 08:56.
    FM in Progress: Bane III
    Previous FMs: CoSaS III- THE NINE YEAR SLEEP (content released), Keep of Deceit, Cult of the Damned and A Keeper's Betrayal.

Thank you!

I have an excuse to install T2 again! (Been having a break from Thief and Dromed)

Clearinghouse
    Thank you!!! Downloading now!

Great stuff, Immortal

(but I don't know, Bane I is a tough act to follow... )

Quote Originally Posted by Sticky Fingers View Post
    Great stuff, Immortal

(but I don't know, Bane I is a tough act to follow... )
    Well I hope it lives up to your expectation!
    Finishing Bane II was a tough act too (as can be seen from how long it took!).

Immortal
    Previous FMs: CoSaS III- THE NINE YEAR SLEEP (content released), Keep of Deceit, Cult of the Damned and A Keeper's Betrayal.

Thank you for this mission. Any other links for download, the curent does not work for me right now.

I will try to upload it to southquarter tonight. I don't have access to the files right now. Mean while, if anybody can uploaded to another location it would be great.

Immortal

I'll upload it to rapidshare in a sec...

Clicky!

Great mission! Unfortunately it was too dark for me, (as with a lot of recent missions), so I had to re-light it to enjoy it.

I'm near the end now. Those new guys with the skull on their clothes don't like being thrown into the water! Every time I threw them in, the game crashed on me!

The mansion is great, and I love the outdoor areas.

Edit: Just finished!

Final stats:

1 hour, 17 minutes, 19 seconds
    Found 2455 loot out of 4710 (Missed quite a bit then!)
    Secrets found: 1 out of 5
    Last edited by Sluggs; 30th Oct 2007 at 04:53.

Hehehehe
    Mega upload reports this FM as 6.66 megs

Clearinghouse
    Mirror here from southquarter.com.

Thanks for the mirrors, sluggs and clearing.

Clearing, I see you've already got the screenshots for Cult of the Damned up on Darkefate! You're very fast!

Immortal

Ha! I definitely look forward to these (Bane I and II).

Now that I got stuck on a bug in 7th Crystal , this will be my next one.

Thank you fro your time and work on this. The first mission was great!

Fantastic mission! Thank you, I do have much fun playing it.

I especially like all those little, sneaky ways to go from one area to another.

This is a beautiful mission, i have one question where exactly is this ship?

Of course i found it right after i posted. I'm missing lots of loot and most secrets so back i go.
    Last edited by maloo; 30th Oct 2007 at 14:16.

maloo, have you completed all the other objectives yet?
    spoiler:
    Once you've completed all the objectives, including the ones that get added on, the entrance to the docks will open. It's behind the portcolis in the garden before the river.

I especially like all those little, sneaky ways to go from one area to another.
    I paid special attention to making multiple ways to reach most areas.
    There are:
    3 ways to get out the fort at the beginning.
    3 ways to get across the river and to the second garden.
    2 ways to get into the mansion.

Have you found all?

Immortal

thort that was nice fm , some places i was like..what the hell am i spose to do now ..but it is a kool fm

okay i'm stuck!!!

spoiler:
    where is the bane at?

i have the keeper key but i cannot find the bane
    Last edited by She-Thief; 30th Oct 2007 at 21:50.

You might want to use spoiler tags!

spoiler:
    look in the cliff wall behind the little picnic area in the garden, there is a cave entrance there. The rest is straight forward.

Immortal

i just finished this amazing mission! & it really was AMAZING

can't wait for the next one!

keep up the good work
    Last edited by She-Thief; 30th Oct 2007 at 21:56.

I'm in the
    spoiler:
    catacombs, and took care of the keeper haunt (nice, by the way), but I can't find the keeper key. There's a frobbable coffin down here that won't open, so either the key is in there and my mission is bugged. Or I'm looking in the wrong place.

spyrano:

spoiler:
    in the area of the catacombs that u have to swing on the vines to reach the other side, there is a button above that coffin in the ceiling

if u want to know what it opens:

spoiler:
    the bottom of the coffin that the keeper haunt was standing next to opens, not the frobbable coffin

i found that
    spoiler:
    the only thing that the frobbable coffin did was make the keeper haunt appear

Thanks, I had just re-checked that area too. I can't believe I missed it.

your welcome

it took me awhile to find it too

Alright, finished, thanks for the help, She-Thief. This was a really great mission, definitely looking forward to the next one. I'm guessing next year? That's ok, I'm patient.

Stats:
    spoiler:
    Expert, 63 minutes, 4095 loot out of 4710 total, 4 out of 5 secrets (I always seem to miss one secret)