TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Bane II - Cult of the Damned (a.k.a. A Keeper's Betrayal 2) - Oct 30, 2007

Keeper of FMs

Mirrorred at The Circle

I'm looking forward to playing this when I get some free time!

Mirror here at The Circle.

I've very much enjoyed playing this FM... but I do need some help. I cannot find the 4 jewellery boxes. I guess I'm the only one.

Quote Originally Posted by Hotlyx View Post
    I've very much enjoyed playing this FM... but I do need some help. I cannot find the 4 jewellery boxes. I guess I'm the only one.
    A readable next to the daughters bed tells you where to look. Just look up high, anywhere with a ledge or beam and check them out, there's not that many of them. Another readable indirectly also more or less tells you where one of them is.

Like Spyrano, I am missing one secret too.

Great mission BTW ImmortalThief. That Keeper Haunt was a nice surprise, am I to assume that haunt is the Keeper who was ordered to leave his post and was captured and transformed?

I did a lot of testing for this mission. I'm glad to see it's finally up and out for the public. I'll download the new file and try it out again. 6.66mb? coincidence? Also, you almost released this on Halloween.

Anyway, I may post some spoiler hints on secrets and such if I can get to this within the next few days. Have fun playing.

Phil

some questions about this one

enjoying this one alot.

found 3 jewelry boxes. looking for the rest. any hints?

two doors in house cannot be opened, no key for them. hints please.

am I supposed to use the red explosive barrel somewhere in the fort, live the cave in spot?

heard mention of the keeper key, no idea where to find it. can someone point me in the right direction?

thank you,
    "To live in the light is to see everything, to live in the dark is to see everthing you missed in the light."

Quote Originally Posted by safriend View Post
    enjoying this one alot.

found 3 jewelry boxes. looking for the rest. any hints?
    I have no idea which 3 you have found... but for future reference i will give the 4 locations here:

1. In the guest quarters on top of the cupboard(?) with a red curtain.

2. At one end of the big wooden beam which runs across the ceiling in front of the indoor garden.

3. An balcony overlooking the stairs which are opposite the swimming pool.

4. In the indoor garden.

two doors in house cannot be opened, no key for them. hints please.
    Read the Master's diary - the brown one

heard mention of the keeper key, no idea where to find it. can someone point me in the right direction?
    Get into the guest quarters and you'll be on the right track

Quote Originally Posted by shadows View Post
    Like Spyrano, I am missing one secret too.
    I assume you've found the four jewelry boxes. The fifth secret is in the forest area with the waterfall, in front of the ruins.
    Great mission BTW ImmortalThief. That Keeper Haunt was a nice surprise, am I to assume that haunt is the Keeper who was ordered to leave his post and was captured and transformed?
    You might be on to something there. There are many unanswered questions, especially regarding the Keepers. Part 3 (Bane III - Temple of Eternal Agony) will shed light on these issues and the Keeper's side of the story.

Hey Phil! Nice to see you around the forums! I hope you enjoy playing the final product. You'll notice that many of your recommendations were implemented in the mission.

pavlovscat, thank you! I'll add the link to the beggining of this thread.

Immortal

[QUOTE=theImmortalThief;1662825

I paid special attention to making multiple ways to reach most areas.
    There are:
    3 ways to get out the fort at the beginning.
    3 ways to get across the river and to the second garden.
    2 ways to get into the mansion.

Have you found all?
    [/QUOTE]

Yes. Though I have to admit, that I found most of them only afterwards. Only for the underground way from the servants quarters (I think, this is where it starts, because of the snoring I can hear) to the area behind the first gate, I never found the entrance .

Finished on Expert, but I think, without help I'd never found the 4th jewellry box, I searched for ages! Very likeable little girl, climbing around everywhere and escaping this nanny.
    It was very interesting with all those new little areas to explore and I had lots of fun. Thank you again for this nice mission, Immortal.

Now... the third part?

here is a another mirror

guest room

Hi guys,
    How can i get to guests room?
    spoiler:
    I was in Lord bedroom i found the guest room key
    but i donīt know how can i get to the top....

Thanks for the link, f_h!

snowcap, glad you liked it. The third part is currently under construction.

jmmisenka, the guest bedroom is on the first floor, up the left hand hall way.

Immortal
    FM in Progress: Bane III
    Previous FMs: CoSaS III- THE NINE YEAR SLEEP (content released), Keep of Deceit, Cult of the Damned and A Keeper's Betrayal.

thanx

Thanx THIEF,i found it.That was my foul.This room was in Lords manor and not in this one with broken wall.However thanx

Quote Originally Posted by jmmisenka View Post
    Hi guys,
    How can i get to guests room?
    spoiler:
    I was in Lord bedroom i found the guest room key
    but i donīt know how can i get to the top....
    spoiler:
    The guest rooms are earlier in the mansion. Go back downstairs, go right to the hallway with the obelisk at the end. Look to the left for two doors that you haven't opened previously. The one on the right opens with this key.

My own question:

She-thief asked (I sound like I'm in a old Wendy's commercial) - "Where's the bane?" I have the same issue - I got the keeper's key, I know now I shouldn't be looking at the river portcullis, but where do I go to keep the bane out of the hands of the enemy?

- prjames

P.S. Thanks, snowcap21 (next post)! That works!
    Last edited by prjames; 31st Oct 2007 at 15:06. Reason: Thank you to answerer

prjames, have a look at http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthrea...56#post1662856. You can reach the same area a small cave with a keeper door, from the part of the garden with the river. Look at the house and search the rock wall on your right between house and river for a hidden way.

edit: Why, oh why, am I always mixing up left and right...

BOy the guards sure are mean in this one .. i just ran past a drunk guard with a sword guard in hot pursuit and he stopped to slay the drinking guard ...i guess they have a very strict drinking policy

Excellent mission, Immortal, (the little girl's a wino?) Thank-You! A very Ritzy & original mansion.

Just one thing: was there anything up on that ledge to the south, in front of the Keepers' compound? (Found tree-branches where a vine arrow would stick, but couldn't jump off them & onto that ledge - fell straight down instead.)
    Last edited by Sticky Fingers; 31st Oct 2007 at 12:48.

Very good mission. Enjoyed playing it very much!

Quote Originally Posted by Sticky Fingers View Post
    Just one thing: was there anything up on that ledge to the south, in front of the Keepers' compound? (Found tree-branches where a vine arrow would stick, but couldn't jump off them & onto that ledge - fell straight down instead.)
    Have you found the secret in that area yet?
    If you can't find it:
    You'll have to find a way up the waterfall.

Immortal
    FM in Progress: Bane III
    Previous FMs: CoSaS III- THE NINE YEAR SLEEP (content released), Keep of Deceit, Cult of the Damned and A Keeper's Betrayal.

Please help, i'm stuck.

I'm inside the keeper ruins looking up at a single short rope hanging from the ceiling, and it's obvious i have to get up there but i can't seem to find anything that my vine arrows will stick to.

What completely obvious thing am i missing?

The Elusive One :
    spoiler:
    between where the short rope is & the big (unfrobbable) doors there's a wooden platform between 2 pillars - that should take a vine arrow

Quote Originally Posted by The Elusive One View Post
    What completely obvious thing am i missing?
    Your missing the place that your vine arrow will stick into, of course!
    spoiler:
    When you enter through the window, there are two columns in the middle with a platform between them. Your arrow will stick to the edge of the platform.

Immortal

Edit: Sticky Fingers beat me to it.

Sticky Fingers and theImmortalThief, thank you both. To me it looked like brick (probably blame it on those ..... NVidia drivers).

I had a problem with that too. Eventually I just cheated a little and turned the gamma up really high and looked around the room. Even then it took a minute before I realized that platform wasn't brick.

Quote Originally Posted by theImmortalThief View Post
    You'll have to find a way up the waterfall.

Immortal
    I was wondering why it was possible to climb up the waterfall. I couldn't get very far though as i was stopped by a ledge. I tried climbing onto the hill to the right and couldn't. Gonna go back and check.
    Last edited by shadows; 31st Oct 2007 at 19:48.

edit: nevermind!
    Last edited by denizen23; 31st Oct 2007 at 21:00.