TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Bane II - Cult of the Damned (a.k.a. A Keeper's Betrayal 2) - Oct 30, 2007

Quote Originally Posted by theImmortalThief View Post
    3 ways to get out the fort at the beginning.
    I can't even find one... little help, please?

never mind, I immediately found two ways through - the caves on the left wall, and into the guard station by the drawbridge
    Last edited by MrMunkeepants; 7th Nov 2007 at 15:36. Reason: I am an idiot

Keeper Compound

Ok, been up the wall & frobbed the statue head, but what exactly does it open?

EDIT: Nevermind, found the secret passage way...hehe
    Last edited by Acolyte6; 7th Nov 2007 at 19:45. Reason: cuz

Great FM, Immortal.

Where's the fifth secret, please ???

spoiler:
    1. In inhouse garden.
    2. Place above stairs near pool.
    3. Place behind grate accessible from wooden beam high in the ceiling.
    4. I don't remember...
    5. ???

The two secrets that you haven't mentioned are here:

spoiler:
    4. In the quest bedroom.
    5. In the wooded area with the waterfall.

More hints:
    spoiler:
    Climb to the top of the waterfall.

Immortal
    FM in Progress: Bane III
    Previous FMs: CoSaS III- THE NINE YEAR SLEEP (content released), Keep of Deceit, Cult of the Damned and A Keeper's Betrayal.

What fun! Had a great time ghosting this one the first time through, and I didn't even have much trouble with the jewelry boxes. I like the way the buildings and the natural elements were mixed together.

One criticism for the author: please proofread your readables!

Oh yes - very much enjoyed this but I'm missing loot and secrets, not to mention Dewdrop, so can give myself the pleasure of playing it again soon on the next level.

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieAlme View Post
    One criticism for the author: please proofread your readables!
    You'd be surprised at how many times me and my testers went through the texts and fixed the problems. Obviously, a few slipped through. I apologize.

I can't go upstairs. Is there a way? I'm still in the starting basement, explored the training rooms, guard quarters, kitchen

One of the stairways is blocked but the other (on the opposite side of the building) is not blocked. in front of the training room door turn left and then another left and you'll reach the stairs.]

Immortal

How do I get in the room next to the guest room ???

Lightningline -
    spoiler:
    There's a hidden switch in the Guest Room.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightningline View Post
    How do I get in the room next to the guest room ???
    To complete what nickie said, in case you're still stuck:
    spoiler:
    Check the flower pot.

Immortal

THanks..Im on a my way

Due to the problem that some teffers were having finding all the loot, I'm making a lootlist for this mission.

Immortal

spoiler:
    I'm by the abandoned keeper compound, I frobbed the angel head in the little nook area. I have climbed the water fall and opened the box up there. I just can't seem to mantle upon the ledge there... and I don't see anything helpful if I ever do get up there. Is there something basic that I am missing?

Thank you for any help you can give...

@ Ethne -
    spoiler:
    I spent hours trying to get higher or onto those ledges and although I got up one side there was nothing there. You need to be looking for a secret passage behind a vine, I think, near the unfrobbable big gates to the left of the waterfall as you look at it. Hope that makes sense

Thank you Nickie - that did the trick. (I must needs get my eyes checked...)

Great Mission !!!

Hi There
    I just finished the Mission , I know I'm late lol
    Great Mission enjoyed every bit of it
    Thank You

Why thank you!
    It's never late to make a taffer happy!

Immortal

You got that right Immortal

I can post a loot list, finished it with perfect score.

Immortal, you sick puppy Some of the places look too... deceiving. Like, in some places, vine arrows sticking from ceiling in addition to texture made me think the ceiling would accept one... And it didn't. Also, in some places clearly wooden texture didn't, either... The chasm in tombs is a bit bad on way back due to often getting stuck in that V-wedge...

Very nice mission. Of course, there might be a lot of opinions on whether so many alternate ways are needed in some places, but what I am really wondering is, whether there's some obscure passageway to avoid that staircase up from the pool... I spent like four hours trying to ghost it, but it seems to be impossible... Guard timing, light and floors, then that window in the guardstation is too low to even crawl below it, even if it was possible...

On the proofreading note, one page in the middle of one of the long readables (forgot, either lord's or trader's) gets cut short.

Oh, also, what the Hell is this?
    http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/j...ef/dump000.jpg

I can post a loot list, finished it with perfect score.
    Please do! I haven't been able to finish the one I was working on. Great job!
    Very nice mission. Of course, there might be a lot of opinions on whether so many alternate ways are needed in some places, but what I am really wondering is, whether there's some obscure passageway to avoid that staircase up from the pool...
    Well I though the multiple routs was a good feature. I was trying to make it non-linear. Sort of like Dues Ex (I not II).
    As for that staircase, it CAN be ghosted. Dafydd was nice enough to test both Bane I and Bane II for ghostability. He didn't have much of problem anywhere. I'm not sure how he got through that place, he'll probably pop up and tell us. I ghosted the mission myself, and this is how I passes that part:
    spoiler:
    I used a rope arrow on the ceiling of the stairway. the timing is tricky. You have to run their and shoot an arrow in the ceiling a third of the way up the stair and climb up quickly. I'm pretty sure, it's dark near the ceiling. Allow both guards to pass under you and than jump done and run for it. You may need to have sot moss arrows on the stairs for the jump, I'm not sure. It was a while ago.

Oh, also, what the Hell is this?
    Well s**t! I thought I had deleted that. One of the testers caught it and I'm sure I deleted it! It's an emitter mouth (arrows shoot out of it), but there is absolutely no reason for it to be there. I have no idea how it got there in the first place.

Thanks for the comments. If I release a new version (probably with all three Bane missions) I'll fix those.

By the way, one question,
    spoiler:
    were you able to kill/KO the cultist normally?

Immortal
    FM in Progress: Bane III
    Previous FMs: CoSaS III- THE NINE YEAR SLEEP (content released), Keep of Deceit, Cult of the Damned and A Keeper's Betrayal.

So, I'm having a bit of a brain-dead episode here, and I've been playing Thief for 8 years, so this surprises me.

I've finished off the front fort, but for the life of me, cannot figure out how to get to the actual house. I'm in the garden area with the river. There's a raised drawbridge preventing access there, the cave near the river is barred, and the switch inside is out of reach. There's nothing in the river itself that I can see. I've tried the dirt tunnel that is accessed from the storage area full of boxes nearby, but that ends in a ladder leading up to an unmovable wood covering that seems to be the servants' area. I've wandered all around the ventilation system above the guards' fort.

So, what am I missing? I just finished off Seven Sisters (which was amazing!), so I'm surprised that I'm having this much trouble...

Great mission otherwise, and a much better use of shadows and textures than in the first one!

Edit:

Never mind, I just found the side entrance to the guard house by the draw bridge. Jeez, I feel stupid!
    Last edited by Green Man; 25th Jan 2008 at 18:50. Reason: I'm a moron

This might make you feel a bit worse, but there is another way across too.
    You'll have too find it later on in the mission, as it's essential to progressing in the mission.
    Great mission otherwise, and a much better use of shadows and textures than in the first one!
    Ah, so I'm improving! That's nice to hear.

Immortal

Oh yes, your shadows and dark areas are great in this one; more please!

Finished it last night and am safely stowed away on the enemy's ship.

Can't wait for part 3!