TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Bane II - Cult of the Damned (a.k.a. A Keeper's Betrayal 2) - Oct 30, 2007

I'm at the beginning of the level, and already stuck. I cleared out the guard rooms, training room, servant quarters and got the key from the sergeant upstairs. I read his journal but now I can't find a way to proceed.

Will there ever be a Bane III?

I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for Bane III, but I'm confident it'll turn up.

After having played the first part, I decided to play this one. Loads of fun, especially all the alternate paths. Nicely done architecture, except for anything concerning ladders. It took herculean efforts of luck to be able to climb off the ladder by the drawbridge without falling back into the water. Likewise the ladder leading into the catacombs is pretty much a deathtrap. It's not the fall that kills you, but the Keeper Haunt on the ground.

Patatoguy:
    The key opens the sergeants office which you need to enter in order to complete one of the objectives. After that there are 3 methods to use to get out of the fort and proceed:
    1- Through the ceiling ducts. There are openings in a few rooms.
    2- Through an underground tunnel. Break through the boards in one of the servent rooms in the basement.
    3- Through a window in one of the second floor watch rooms.

There will be a Bane III, I'm working on it. I've been totally busy for the last couple of months, but I hope to advance a bit in my spring break. I've progressed quite a bit actually.
    FM in Progress: Bane III
    Previous FMs: CoSaS III- THE NINE YEAR SLEEP (content released), Keep of Deceit, Cult of the Damned and A Keeper's Betrayal.

Glad to hear that there will be a Bane III. Like Unkillable, I replayed this (due to the fortnightly playgroup) and rediscovered it. It'll make a fine campaign, the storyline is very good and the multiple routes for moving around are excellent.

I finally played this, after having played the remake of the first mission and I thoroughly enjoyed both of them! I'll be impatiently waiting for Part 3!

Since TIS made me replay part 1, I decided next to play part II. Every bit as good as the first one.

I must be the only one having trouble with this...

but I can't find Hasaan's paper! I already got the Keeper's key, but where is that damn paper? I can't find anything in his bedroom.

Quote Originally Posted by PotatoGuy View Post
    but I can't find Hasaan's paper! I already got the Keeper's key, but where is that damn paper? I can't find anything in his bedroom.
    look at the status in his room.

This FM (i think the first part too) fits my skills almost perfectly.

Played on expert, found all secrets, damn near all loot, took all the alternative paths (atleast i think so, i was being at my sharp-eyes limits) first and made a good use out of them and went into some alternative "from behind" (meaning - it was supposed to go the other way around!) For this i had to knockout an archer right in front of me, when i'm fully visible. Hah...

Anyway, good mission.
    I'll definately play pt. 3.

Great game. It did take me a while to find that opening behind the vine near the waterfall. I'm looking forward to Bane III.

I've been cruising around the mansion for quite a while, but can't seem to get any farther once I get into the first guest room with the key I found, and read the new objective.

I've found all four of the jewellery boxes, found the papers, and have a ton of loot, but I can't figure out how to get any farther. It would seem I have to either get into that second guest room or get into that door I saw in the tunnels between the guard house and the mansion. Both of these options need keys, and I have none that work. Where are they?

Also, just before the river between the guard house and the mansion there is a gate with a tunnel, and I can see the lever to open the gate, but can't get to it. How do I get that open?

edit.....Oh, I see now. Got it. On to the Keep.

Excellent mission.
    Last edited by Fraser; 18th Sep 2009 at 03:19.

Quote Originally Posted by Fraser View Post
    edit.....Oh, I see now. Got it. On to the Keep.
    Some would be very annoyed with such a comment if you don't elaborate.

Although I'm pretty sure it came up before in the thread:
    The second guest room key is in the child's bedroom. It's located around the bed.
    If you still can't find it try the lamp above the bed!

Have fun!

Quote Originally Posted by theImmortalThief View Post
    Some would be very annoyed with such a comment if you don't elaborate.
    Yes, I suppose so. But it's happened to me many times, too -- I search and search through a thread and FINALLY I see that someone else had the same problem I have and then in their next post they've figured out the answer before someone posts a response. I think that was actually the case here. I already had the key for Guest room #1. What I lacked was the ability to get into the catacombs. But I've finished the mission now.

I do hope there will be a #3.

Quote Originally Posted by Fraser View Post
    I do hope there will be a #3.
    There is a #3! Just hasn't been released yet!
    Previous FMs: CoSaS III- THE NINE YEAR SLEEP (content released), Keep of Deceit, Cult of the Damned and A Keeper's Betrayal.

I summon this thread back from the DEAD!!

... in order to ask theImmortalThief, is Bane III still in the pipeline? Or has CoSaS and/or other FMs and/or Real Life put the nails in its coffin?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowSoul View Post
    WHERE???? You guys are all awesome but I swear I hate it when I see this!

It's like, "Hey where is the mission solving secret that takes hours to figure out? Oh, nevermind!!"

*twitch*

lol
    THIS.

I'm also stuck at this place (with the waterfall that you can swim up) and I've frobbed a statue head and heard something open, but I can't find figure out where this secret passage is!

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Taffer View Post
    THIS.

I'm also stuck at this place (with the waterfall that you can swim up) and I've frobbed a statue head and heard something open, but I can't find figure out where this secret passage is!

where you clicked statue head jump in to water and climb out from ladder recross bridge and at big wooden sealed door look to your right a small area opened up you can crouch and go through it

Thanks! I'll try that out. Whew. . lots of sneaky hiding places in this mission.

Now the only thing is I can't seem to find where that ship is. .
    Last edited by Lady Taffer; 16th Jan 2011 at 00:52.

If your talking about the ship to end the mission its near the bridges you may have opened or crossed to get to the mansion. If you are standing on the right side bridge facing the front of the mansion, there should be a gate somewhere to your right over the water by the river leading to it. Hope this helps!

Quote Originally Posted by Motley Fool View Post
    I summon this thread back from the DEAD!!

... in order to ask theImmortalThief, is Bane III still in the pipeline? Or has CoSaS and/or other FMs and/or Real Life put the nails in its coffin?

Thanks!
    Wow, its been this long?I?.... Part 3 is still in the pipeline, but I promised Dan to make CoSaS my priority. Real life has not been helping much either. I had to reformat my computer and lost my all my installs (nut none of my files! Whew!). I'd started to wonder if anyone still cared!

Quote Originally Posted by theImmortalThief View Post
    I'd started to wonder if anyone still cared!
    You're kidding, right!? I'd say loads of people are looking forward to Bane III - & 9YS of course.
    All the best with both projects

Quote Originally Posted by Sticky Fingers View Post
    I'd say loads of people are looking forward to Bane III - & 9YS of course.
    I can't speak for others, but I am silently and patiently waiting for the third installment in the Bane series.

Agreed!

Quote Originally Posted by baeuchlein View Post
    I can't speak for others, but I am silently and patiently waiting for the third installment in the Bane series.
    Me too! Perhaps if we were a little more noisy . . . ?