TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415 LastLast
Results 251 to 275 of 367

Thread: Deus Ex 3 confirmed

  1. #251
    BANNED
    Registered: Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Aristed View Post
    wow, take a chill pill dude...
    Seconded. Merc, back off.

  2. #252
    Chakat sex pillow
    Registered: Sep 2006
    Location: not here
    Jeez Louise! No one ever said this was a fight, and it wasn't one until you declared that it was. Talk about flying off the handle!

    dethtoll makes a post that's almost actually politically correct for once, and look at what happens.

    I think I can understand now why he often chooses to explain, in explicit detail, what people can do with their jizzfizzled brains when he understands that they have their heads firmly entrenched up their colons. I'm not saying that it's right, but at least now I can understand his point of view.

    Cool it, Merc. I'm sure you've got things to vent, but can't we all have a rational, civil discussion without flinging ad hominems about?

  3. #253
    Member
    Registered: Sep 2006
    Location: California, USA
    Quote Originally Posted by DX-455 View Post
    Seconded. Merc, back off.
    Still not reading you 'bro. Maybe you could explain dethtoll's lofty ideas to me rather than act like I pulled a knife on you There's no reason we can't discuss the original topic simply because you had your sensibilities bruised by my blistering rage and unforgivable boorishness.

    (What's the deal? I thought you people were more snarky-resistant)

    @sulphur and all the other decency police who are contemplating leaping out of the woodwork

    Oh for the love of a random diety, would you white knights stop acting like I'm some sort of boogieman just because I got a little creative with my language a while back? If you want to insult me as I have insulted others, please do...as long as you stick to the topic in the process. It won't offend me and I particularly appreciate zingers. But will you PLEASE stop sobbing like I've commited war crimes and lining up to shake a finger at me? The only people emotionally invested in all this is you weeping pansies.
    Last edited by Mercurius; 2nd Dec 2007 at 10:54.

  4. #254
    ZylonBane
    Registered: Sep 2000
    Location: ZylonBane
    Hey Merc, just FYI, trying to cover up stupidity with douchebaggery never works. So... stop digging.

  5. #255
    Chakat sex pillow
    Registered: Sep 2006
    Location: not here
    Oh, gimme a break, if I'm representative of the decency police around here then we're all doomed.

    Throwing around general stupidity in as asinine and inane a way as you've just done is, quite frankly, a waste of time here.

    If you want to be unforgivably boorish about something, that's your call, you can be as much of a jerk as you want to around here; but will you please try and make a fucking point when you post, apart from being 'a little creative with your language' towards people who actually have one.

  6. #256
    Member
    Registered: Sep 2006
    Location: California, USA
    Quote Originally Posted by ZylonBane View Post
    Hey Merc, just FYI, trying to cover up stupidity with douchebaggery never works. So... stop digging.
    Hi Zylon, was waiting for you to show up, glad to see you don't disappoint

    @Sulphur
    Hahah, okay I get it, you're a forum "bad boy", I'll put it in my notes along with your tendency to fly into dramatics in the defense of other honest forum citizens.

    Maybe I did make a point, and you missed it just as I 'missed' dethtoll's point. If you want to discuss it without hysterics on your parts, I'll be absolutely glad to do so! If you just want to wring your hands, call me an ass, and declare every word to leave my mouth invalid simply because I don't play nice by your personal code of conduct. Well you're free to do so as well.

    Honestly though, I would just recommend you bellow a bit more, demonize me, and then leave in a huff. Because someone who would misinterpret my obviously flippant tone with lines like
    Jeez Louise! No one ever said this was a fight, and it wasn't one until you declared that it was. Talk about flying off the handle!
    ...will probably only get frustrated. My fault I know, no matter how engaging I find forum dramatics, I just can't get as serious about it as some.
    Also I apologize for implying you were a "weeping pansy", I honestly didn't think you'd take it so hard.

    I hope dethtoll finds this all as amusing as I do when he gets back. Too bad you white knights derailed the thread in the process of scolding me

  7. #257
    Chakat sex pillow
    Registered: Sep 2006
    Location: not here
    You don't read very well, do you?

    I don't really care about how you care to state your point.

    What I do care about is whether your point - if it can charitably be called that - is so buried under all your insult hurling zinger-flinging general forum badassery that it's a God-damn pain in the ass to sift through the shit to find out what the fuck you're actually trying to say.

    What makes it worse, of course, is that it isn't even worth all that effort.

    Oh, and please, insult me and my 'emotional sensitivity' some more. It's jaw-hurtingly hilarious to see someone stooping to the level of a sixth-grader to get at me.

  8. #258
    Member
    Registered: Sep 2006
    Location: California, USA
    Equivalently humorous to see someone so rabid about forum justice, they're willing to stoop to my level

    You're trying so hard to marginalize me with your words, though your actions do the opposite. Is that really a worthy objective? Does dethtoll need to be protected from my predations by e-vigilantes like yourself? Do you need to defeat me in order to gain experience points or something?

    Truthfully you're responding because it's not about dethtoll anymore, it's not about my misbehavior. It's about you defending your forum reputation. Because I called you a softie crybaby when in fact you're a total hard-ass devil may care mushroom cloud laying M.F. And you don't mind further derailing this thread or escalating this argument to prove this to the audience of this trainwreck.

    And now you'll declare me unworthy of further attention and retreat to save face or just stop posting here because you've finally come to your senses.

    Well, thank you for paying attention to me.

  9. #259
    Cuddly little misanthropic hate machine
    Registered: Aug 2004
    Location: someplace better than this
    Quote Originally Posted by Mercurius
    URRRRR NERD RAGE



  10. #260
    Member
    Registered: Sep 2006
    Location: California, USA
    Classy AND clever!

  11. #261
    Cuddly little misanthropic hate machine
    Registered: Aug 2004
    Location: someplace better than this
    I've always believed a picture to be worth a thousand words.

  12. #262
    Member
    Registered: Sep 2006
    Location: California, USA
    So did the Neanderthals.


  13. #263
    Cuddly little misanthropic hate machine
    Registered: Aug 2004
    Location: someplace better than this
    So I've got about 350,000 years of tradition backing me up when I tell you to PLUG IT UP

  14. #264
    Member
    Registered: May 2004
    Mercurius, are you really oblivious to the complete ass you're making of yourself in this thread? Do you see anyone else around here supporting you or doing anything other than suggesting you back off and take a few deep breaths?

    Jeez. I feel just plain embarrassed for you.

  15. #265
    Member
    Registered: May 2006
    Location: Idaho, U.S.A.
    No offense, but somehow I find it a bit ironic that individuals such as ZylonBane are criticizing another person for using ad hominem attacks on someone like dethtoll...

  16. #266
    Member
    Registered: Sep 2006
    Location: California, USA
    @dethtoll
    Only 70 years actually. But advertising tampons is admirable in its own right.

    @Twist
    I'm sorry if I disappointed you. If I act like an ass, then I must be an ass and people can treat me like one. So I'll never win a popularity contest and depending on how annoyed a moderator is at me, maybe more
    In the end, its just people on a forum, talking. And I enjoy talking.

  17. #267
    Chakat sex pillow
    Registered: Sep 2006
    Location: not here

    Ah, 'tis indeed the truth, O wise, all-knowing Mercutio. Truly thou hast found me out

    Quote Originally Posted by Mercurius View Post
    You're trying so hard to marginalize me with your words, though your actions do the opposite. Is that really a worthy objective? Does dethtoll need to be protected from my predations by e-vigilantes like yourself? Do you need to defeat me in order to gain experience points or something?
    Heh. You got me there, son. You're totally, completely right. Got me right there, nail on the head, stake to the heart, etc. I was out to gut you good because you'd be a good-looking lump of eviscerated troll flesh, and I'd get brownie points for the next forum popularity contest.

    Truthfully you're responding because it's not about dethtoll anymore, it's not about my misbehavior. It's about you defending your forum reputation.
    Yes. It is. But, I have to ask, because your entire post revolves around this point and begs the question: um, what forum reputation?

    Anyway, you're right about one thing: I've had enough, and I don't want to waste anybody else's time with someone as obviously thick as you are.

    If you really want to keep this up, feel free to PM or e-mail me. Or do you like having a captive audience?

  18. #268
    Member
    Registered: Sep 2006
    Location: California, USA
    It would be more appropriate if you PMed me as you began this exchange between us, no? Furthermore I urged you with each of my posts that continuing to talk to me would be pointless and frustrating on your part...and you are quite clearly frustrated. Yet you continue to talk? Well maybe a PM from you would be truly enlightening, clearly your intellect soars to the sky and dwarfs mine far beneath.

    Clever touch with the faux Shakespeare by the way...it really gives this drama an authentic feel.

    And I'm glad to see you came clean about the XP thing, I hope you leveled up a bit...though to be honest, I doubt that anyone approves of dancing with a troll (I'm a troll now, correct?)

    Anyways, have fun and take care. I don't think I've ever been taken so literally on an internet forum before, thanks!

  19. #269
    Cuddly little misanthropic hate machine
    Registered: Aug 2004
    Location: someplace better than this
    You will be missed.

  20. #270
    Chakat sex pillow
    Registered: Sep 2006
    Location: not here
    Quote Originally Posted by Mercurius View Post
    various blithering nonsense about forum drama
    I see it was too much too ask for you to answer the question along with that. Oh well. C'est la vie.
    Last edited by Sulphur; 2nd Dec 2007 at 15:01.

  21. #271
    Cuddly little misanthropic hate machine
    Registered: Aug 2004
    Location: someplace better than this
    You know, it's really funny how if I post my opinion in a vitriolic manner it's usually taken for granted, but if I post my opinion in a non-inflammatory way someone's vagina bleeds all over me.

    And when I say "funny" I mean "sad."

  22. #272
    Member
    Registered: May 2007

  23. #273
    Cuddly little misanthropic hate machine
    Registered: Aug 2004
    Location: someplace better than this
    Explain.

  24. #274
    Member
    Registered: Sep 2006
    Location: California, USA
    Quote Originally Posted by dethtoll View Post
    You know, it's really funny how if I post my opinion in a vitriolic manner it's usually taken for granted, but if I post my opinion in a non-inflammatory way someone's vagina bleeds all over me.

    And when I say "funny" I mean "sad."
    Look dethtoll, don't take this so personally. My original post was only a silly dig at you for making what I thought was a stupid arrogant post. Honestly I didn't think people would see that horrendously overwrought insult and think ZOMG THE FORUM IS UNDER ATTACK, I thought they'd just think I was a dick and let it go

    The rest of this mess was just me being stubborn and whimsical, and all the other participants being equally stubborn. It WAS amusing, particularly when we had that cameo from the quintessential TTLG drama queen! There seriously was no anger or ill will from me at any point, I swear upon my honor as a...very very trustworthy guy.

    Sulphur and I already kissed and made up over PM with no hard feelings whatsoever, as there really were none to begin with, very noble of him to be the bigger man and PM me first

    Anyhow it'd be a shame if you remained angry hostile over this. But if you want, you can hold a grudge, I don't mind

    Besides, I could tell you were having fun with that "bleeding vagina" business. That plug it pun made me chuckle.

    This drama is now over!

  25. #275
    Still Subjective
    Registered: Dec 1999
    Location: Idiocy will never die
    It's dethtoll. It'll come back.

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •