TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5101112131415

Thread: Deus Ex 3 confirmed

Haha, combined with it being a prequel I'm really hoping its not: Paul denton, kid spy. Where its all just a dream in the end had during memory implanting.

Oh god I said it out loud. I'm really sorry if it turns out to be that guys.

I doubt you'll be anything other then a nano-augmented agent. Story consistency is all well and good, but I doubt they'd consider it important enough to make the player play an ugly Borg freak.

Not that I'd be complaining mind you, I just doubt they'll do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Subjective Effect View Post
    Actually I thought the prevailing opinion was that you WOULD be a mech, as the foetus which presumably is you has hardpoints that a nano-augmented agent would not need but that a mech-augmented agent would.
    Hate to repeat what's already been said, but mechs are people augmented with mechanical parts, very extensively in some cases (like 90% metal). I don't think anyone's born a mech.

The fetus and the nutrient bath suggest genetic engineering. This could be one of those early series agents that are not quite nano-augmented and not quite mechs.

Still Subjective
    I didn't say being born a mech, I said being born with hardpoints that allow for mech upgrades.

What's the difference? If these "hard points" are for "mech upgrades," then buddy you're a mech already.

But nothing saying that you need much of anything extra to become a mech. Just the dedication to lose both your arms and have half of you face replaced, etc.

Still Subjective
    So what are the hardpoints for then? You sure don't need them for nanougmentation.

Ever wondered if it might be something else than mech or nanoaugmentation?

Personally, I think the fetus is some important plot device, some unique technology that various factions are fighting to get a hold of.

The Alchemist
    Go play in traffic then.
    Last edited by The Alchemist; 16th Jan 2008 at 23:21.

Cuddly little misanthropic hate machine
    ... which was posted on page 2.

I seriously hope DX3 will be for DX1 what Bioshock *couldn't* be for System Shock.

Chakat sex pillow
    We'll just have to wait and see - that would involve innovating on the Deus Ex template instead of merely repeating it, and goodness knows whether Eidos is ready to take the necessary risks to do that.

Since it's a prequel, though, there should be some hope. Let's see how it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by Sulphur View Post
    Since it's a prequel, though, there should be some hope. Let's see how it goes.
    huh, since when was it confirmed as a prequel?
    would seem fairly unlikely to me, or am i missing some new info?

Yeah, given the fact that Eidos have seemingly gone out of their way to remove the original "2027" date from the latest version of the trailer, I'm not so sure it is a prequel anymore.

Chakat sex pillow
    My bad. It was never confirmed as a prequel, but those were the rumours. And I didn't notice that they had removed the date. Haven't been keeping up since there's so little news about it, to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by ZymeAddict View Post
    Yeah, given the fact that Eidos have seemingly gone out of their way to remove the original "2027" date from the latest version of the trailer, I'm not so sure it is a prequel anymore.
    The way I see it is that Eidos removed the date either to stop fans speculating on a prequel, or because it is a prequel and they don't want to ruin that surprise yet.

Quote Originally Posted by the one true thief View Post
    The way I see it is that Eidos removed the date either to stop fans speculating on a prequel, or because it is a prequel and they don't want to ruin that surprise yet.
    fascinating, do you mean to say that from this one piece of information you have managed to deduce that it either is or isn't a prequel! scoop!

Quote Originally Posted by Aristed View Post
    fascinating, do you mean to say that from this one piece of information you have managed to deduce that it either is or isn't a prequel! scoop!
    Sarcasm aside, My point is that we don't know why they took the date off the Poll box. So instead of dismissing the idea of a prequel, simply look at it from a different view (in this case the devs.)

Since a prequel would certainly be a surprise to a lot of fans I'm sure, think of it as not telling someone they have a surprise Birthday party in the house.