TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: T2 FM - Three Crowns Dec. 7/07

Classical Master 2008
    This has got to be one of the most ambitious single missions in the history of Dromed - how much is in there is plain insane (especially when I checked it in the editor adter playing... how did it all fit into ~2800 terrain brushes? ). The twist was excellent, and provided a whole lot more gameplay than I originally thought; it is cool how it essentially turned into another type of mission in the middle. I wonder, bbb, were you inspired by Fritz Leiber's Lankhmar stories? The rat kingdom under the city bears an uncanny reseblance to one of those novels.

All in all: great, great stuff!

Clearinghouse
    I think that this mission must be in TOP10 for 2007.

Apart from getting stuck on 3 or 4 walls (not too shabby out of 2800 (?)), I loved every moment of this. I'm thinking top 3

big very big .. very very big ..... HUGE in fact

that was FUN 7 hours .. SEVEN!! TAFFIN HOURS of sheer unadulterated FUUUUN!

oh yesssssss! just when you think it must be getting to the end an entire new area gets opened up and the entire mission changes

BRILLIANT! Loved it to bits this thing just kept getting bigger the further you got, it must have taken you aaaaaaaaaaaaaages, your effort is extremely appreciated, you are officially on my list of dromeders to buy beer for should we meet

relatively simple but extremely effective architecture, difficult but not impossible puzzles, alternative routes, lots of climbing, rooftops, narrow beams, lots of AI's and loot coming out of your ears at the end theres so much of it

no major bugs, I did get stuck on one wall once, but that was becasue I got carried away trying to get over a rooftop that definitely wasn't supposed to be a part of the mission, just curious

gets a good solid ten on my thumbometer

Stats - 7 hours playtime, 10801 loot and 4 out of 5 secrets

I shall definitely be playing this one again

THANK YOU

Quote Originally Posted by ffox View Post
    Sticky Fingers, I think Verak is in the next house.

Verak: Move the crates upstairs, climb out of the window and over the roof.
    ffox, thanks, yes, that helped. I didn't see that you could
    spoiler:
    climb on the roof.

-Verak

Wow. With all the praise, seems I should be checking out this mission ASAP. Is this Lord Alan's factory big?

Quote Originally Posted by northeast View Post
    Wow. With all the praise, seems I should be checking out this mission ASAP. Is this Lord Alan's factory big?
    No idea in terms of Dromed stats, though it certainly seems that it could be approaching that sort of size. However, this mission features far more to do and explore than Factory.

Hey BBB,

Great mission, loved the variety of different environments. Found it very well planned - it's one of the few I didn't need help in finding my way through, yet still challenging.
    When's your next one out ?!!!

Captain, can I have some new boots???!!! I've worn out this pair I'm wearing Just give me a bigger seize, because I can't do my duty well on new boots!!!

Get going, you scaundrel ... you've got a lot more to do before you earn new boots!!!

hehehe .... What an adventure this one is

Hopefully finishing tomorrow, Gloria Creep
    There're angels who playThief and angels who don't ........ both go to heaven ............
    Dare to join .............

bikerdude
    Quote Originally Posted by Esme View Post
    FUN 7 hours .. SEVEN!! TAFFIN HOURS of sheer unadulterated FUUUUN!

oh yesssssss! just when you think it must be getting to the end an entire new area gets opened up and the entire mission changes
    what she said x 2

biker

Pond Key #2 still eludes me

First of all, this mission is a classic; thank you so much for your tremendous effort.

OK, to business: I cannot find pond key #2 despite following previous posts to the letter. I've
    spoiler:
    scoured the lava area, even jumping onto the burning bodies floating on lava
    , thinking that's where it was. Yes, I've c
    spoiler:
    leared the far vase table of fire elementals
    . But nothing there either.
    spoiler:
    The "bug" room I also went to and got #3. The ratmen provided the others.

Is it just me, or could #2 be elsewhere. Thanks for any assistance.

I must be the stupidist fm player ever but I cannot find where to go I have found an area with bakery ,canal, water, pumping station warehouse etc but cannot find way forward is this a dead end ? I can go back to the start any help please

polycarp :
    spoiler:
    key no 2 is definitely in the lava area. Not sure what you mean by "far vase table", but if you climb down to a shelf at the level of the lava & (IIRC) look left, you'll see a little passage entrance - go in, take out the fire elementals & the key should be on the table there. (unless I've got it screwed up again; this mission has just so many parts)

YONTY : Sorry, but I'm not sure what you're asking. Have you been to the cathedral yet?

STICKY FINGERS Thats why I feel so stupid I have not been anywhere apart from area stated and I cannot progess from there catherdral no

secrets

spoiler:
    finished but haven't found a single secret and about 2000 loot short

YONTY; it's been near a week since I played this one - & am on my 3rd since. I do seem to remember that
    spoiler:
    you have to get to the guard area just next to where the map says "water?" In a tower there (with an elevator) is a clue about using the water to get into warehouse 47. And you have to get there first, before the cathedral

Sorry if that's not enough help, but it's really hard to remember all the paths to all the many, many places in this big, beautiful mission.

Quote Originally Posted by Sticky Fingers View Post
    polycarp :
    spoiler:
    key no 2 is definitely in the lava area. Not sure what you mean by "far vase table", but if you climb down to a shelf at the level of the lava & (IIRC) look left, you'll see a little passage entrance - go in, take out the fire elementals & the key should be on the table there. (unless I've got it screwed up again; this mission has just so many parts)

YONTY : Sorry, but I'm not sure what you're asking. Have you been to the cathedral yet?
    I found the key
    spoiler:
    on the floor behind the table
    which had the four vases on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sticky Fingers View Post
    YONTY; it's been near a week since I played this one - & am on my 3rd since. I do seem to remember that
    spoiler:
    you have to get to the guard area just next to where the map says "water?" In a tower there (with an elevator) is a clue about using the water to get into warehouse 47. And you have to get there first, before the cathedral

Sorry if that's not enough help, but it's really hard to remember all the paths to all the many, many places in this big, beautiful mission.
    No still lost come out of bakery at water pumping? station on my left facing guard post all ko( past guardpost one door cannot open) anyone any directions from here please

Yonty - Climb up the ladder on your right and go through the room with the letter to Colonel Mustard to the elevator.
    spoiler:
    Face the elevator and turn left, go out onto the wall, jump down to your right onto the next wall and then into the water. You'll find an entrance down to the right.

Quote Originally Posted by clearing View Post
    I think that this mission must be in TOP10 for 2007.
    I agree.

I've got the blue crown. I'm now in the place with the
    spoiler:
    gasarrows and gasmines.
    A lot of apebeasts there.
    How do I open those two closed metal doors?
    I went all the way back to the blue crown area and picked up a crate to try to enter that room with all the loot through the sidewindow, but I can't get through.
    I need a key here

Gloria Creep

Never mind. Found it. I shot the keybearer before he ever reached me ...
    Last edited by Gloria Creep; 14th Dec 2007 at 21:33. Reason: found it
    There're angels who playThief and angels who don't ........ both go to heaven ............

Distant Quasar
    Gloria,

spoiler:
    There is a small alcove to the side of those doors. Go up to the small window where you can watch the beasts. There is a patrolling rat man who will come very close to this window....close enough to...

- eep!

Thanks Eepcat, I already had found it. The first time I shot the apebeast before he even could reach the window, so I thought I had to find the key elsewhere. Then I got thinking ... and I let him walk towards me and so I found the key. I didn't think it could be that easy

This is a very greatly made mission!!!

I'll replay it again and again I think ....

Gloria Creep

WOW!!! Thank you so very much BBB, and all who contributed to this FM! I've spent 4 hours & 42 mins. enjoying myself since this FM was released. I don't usually care to play FM's with ratmen, apebeasts, & craymen, but this FM was exceptional enough to keep me interested for the entire time (and I was extremely grateful that there were no undead or haunts) . I can't believe how large it was!! I am thoroughly impressed with your efforts, BBB. This FM was 4hrs. + very well spent, imo. Thanks again for all your hard work; very much appreciated!

o.....m.....g

Just wanted to add my words of thanks to all the others.

Isn't there some sort of PRIZE we should give to a level like this ???? You know, a Garret-shaped cup to sit on the mantelpiece ? Please accept my imaginary Garret-shaped cup. There, it looks very handsome next to your photos and.... other stuff.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast