TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: T2 FM - Three Crowns Dec. 7/07

Thanks

Thank you all for your compliments and nice words. There is no need for a prize. Having all you play fan missions and enjoy them is a great reward to me and I am sure the other FM authors would agree completely.

Thanks again and PLEASE keep playing missions. I don't want this community to ever go away. In bad times, Thief has been a great escape.

Finally, if there are any of you who have considered trying to build a mission, please seriously consider it. I am not very technical and I learned how. You could to. The experts here are terrific and so helpful. You can really do it! Enough of my sales pitch!

Thanks again.
    BBB

BBB, I am considering it and even more so now!

Gloria Creep
    There're angels who playThief and angels who don't ........ both go to heaven ............
    Dare to join .............

Well you deserve them bbb. As Esme said, this was fun with a capital F.

And I'll ditto about trying to build a mission. I managed to work my way through the Dromed basic tutorial with massive help and patience from the Editors Guild. And when it comes to technicalities, I am as thick as two short planks. I haven't started to build a mission because I don't have a story and I believe I need one. My son has promised to write me one though. So who knows.

And I've learnt enough to know that it is painstaking, enormously rewarding, addictive and endlessly satisfying when you get something right. And how cool can it be to get help and tips from your heroes.

And whatever else you might learn, you'll soon know how hard the authors work to produce their missions.

YES - build away

Gloria/Nickie:

the best thing to do is to download Komag's tutorial and work through the whole thing. In the end you will have a small (and complete) working mission. My first mission (Lord Matt) is the Komag tutorial changed a little and then expanded.

Nickie - I really suffered through Komag's tutorial and thought because I was not a technical person, I would never get through it, but I did.

Hope to see missions from you both in 2008!!!

BBB

Yes, I got through Komag's tutorial too - eventually and was stupidly happy when it worked. I'm now working my way through a few of the other excellent tutorials there are around and messing about with textures and objects. Just trying to get the basic architectural stuff thoroughly sorted before moving on.

I'll certainly try to make a start on a mission next year but I am very slow!

Thanks so much for the reply BBB.
    In 2008 I'm connecting with Nightshifter here at my home, who will be my tutor of: how to make your own FM!

I do have a story ready .....
    Thát never was my problem.
    I already participated in a hospital story/FM some time ago .... with my ideas.

It's just that I need to get started with Dromed ...
    Perhaps soon .....

Gloria Creep
    There're angels who playThief and angels who don't ........ both go to heaven ............
    Dare to join .............

It can't wait to get further in this mission. Seems like everyone else is getting the hang of it. I cannot get past the first part of the mission. There is just a long canal and a ton of gates that don't have access to levers. Can anyone assist me in any way? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by dbrilliant View Post
    I cannot get past the first part of the mission. Can anyone assist me in any way?
    It's difficult to describe - check your emails for a screenie.

Received, thanks for the tip also found another way in too. A slap in the face.

Ok, I have only the last two objectives to go:
    1) Give the royal crowns to Keeper Mark
    2) Return to my starting spot.

I meet up with Keeper Mark and he tells me to leave the crowns in the next room. I cannot figure out how to 'leave' the crowns, so I am unable to finish the objective. Any help would be appreciated.

Awesome mission, btw.

Cheers.

seven

just drop them on the bureau in there, worked for me. dropping anywhere in there may work.

bbb, i loved this mission, really brought me back to why i play this in the first place. thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by sysyphus View Post
    just drop them on the bureau in there, worked for me. dropping anywhere in there may work.
    k, I was trying that by using the mouse. Turns out I had to use the 'R' button to drop them.

Thanks for your help.

holy crap, this thing keeps going on forever!

so, in the rat mansion: above the throne room, there is a set of locked double doors - can these be opened?

and way at the beginning (or at the end) is there a way up into what is marked on the map as the barracks? from the start point, it's through the gate on the left, down, then to the left again, and up a floor on the left hand side. looks like there's a window to be looted across the canal as well?

and just past the red crown, in the area with all the mantises, where do I find the key for the locked grate?
    haha, it was on one of them!

---

my compliments to the author... in some areas the architecture is a bit plain, but the mission makes up for it with so many inventive shortcuts and passages
    Last edited by MrMunkeepants; 22nd Dec 2007 at 04:29. Reason: spoilers

bbb,

Thanx for this huge mission.
    It took me some time to get into it, but when I did, wow.
    This must be up in the top 10 for large mission.

That was great fun. Thanks bbb for several hours of terrific thieving!!

Loot List

I know it's too early for a loot list, but if one get's published, I'd like to know where I would find it. thiefmissions.com was still dormant last time I checked, and it had great sorting for missions with walkthroughs/lootlists etc.

This FM was so enjoyable I think because it is kinda like a "retro mission" with classic Thief environments. The newer FM's tend towards experimentation... which isn't a complaint. I just felt this one took me back in time 3-4 years.

Nobody else has mentioned this, but I thought the 2 guards' discussion about Maria the redhead was hilarious. When the one guard (talking to Benny) goes horizontal and mimics her I made a point of saving it there so I could go back and laugh some more later on. A good sense of humour is never a bad thing.

I have to say I've spent a few days on this and probably a good 3 1/2 hours. I believe I found all the secrets, though I can't remember a couple of them. I can tell you 3 that are fresh in my mind, and I believe one was down in the cave system with the apes and such.

In the cathedral, in the cathedral guardhouse, and in the warehouse that is behind the cathedral guardhouse, though you have to access that via a rope arrow near the beginning of the mission when you go down from the main gate. When you climb on top, you need to leap onto the metal roof. That is bright orange and frob one of the orange grates. The secret is inside.

My advice for those of you who are stuck.

1. Always look up. This is especially true when you are given rope arrows in an area. That is a hint that you will be climbing.

2. Backtrack. The ape/rat/spider cave system is extremely difficult to maneuver, so try and look at every nook and cranny. Though it looks like you may be going in circles, for the most part it is linear.

3. Save your game often. I don't know how many times I died.

4. Take rope arrows after you use them. Again, since this is linear for the most part, you will always need more of them.

I lucked out with the breath potion and picked the correct path to discover the crowns gone. At least I didn't drown.

For those of you stuck on the 4 pond keys. Here they are:

1 and 4 are definitely on rat wanderers in the hallways. I can't remember which is which, but the other two are located with the bug spitting insect creatures. I hate those guy. Rope down. I tried shooting broad arrows, and when that wasn't good enough, I had like 10 rope arrows, so I used a few to shoot at the creatures. The last key is by the floating fireballs. You see two burnt corpses. That is to throw you off. When you get to the bottom of the area, there is a small cave that has more water arrows and some more fireballs floating. The key is in that little room.

Now, for something I can't seem to figure out. Behind the cathedral guard shack area, there is a small gate that leads sort of outside the city area. I see a cave going down with 2 boulders blocking it. I'm about to finish the mission and have been going back trying to check everything I skipped, but can't seem to find a way to get down here. Does this come up from somewhere I missed?

Phil

Wow... What a mission... Fantastic!

Thank you, BBB, usually I buy me a "Xmas-Computer-Game" (normally a RPG) every year that I play during the Xmas days. This years I safed the money and played your FM. It was worth it and it was brilliant!

Hi There
    Great mission, very big and tasty lol
    Enjoyed it thank you so much & Happy New Year 2008!
    Completed at 10521 loot not bad

I love this FM but I have a little problem....I got the blue crown I am assuming that only the blue crown was in the pond room area.
    I got in there fine by
    spoiler:
    going up and around the gates and jumping into the water
    but I cannot find a way out...Gates do not open and nowhere to rope I know I'm missing something because everyone else seems to have gotten out of there

This FM is in the top 3 of all time absolutely awesome,huge,fun, I am in awe that this is so big Kudos to you for actually finishing something (in my eyes)so complex and no bugs. This is SWEET

BLACKJACKER: Look around the Blue Crown room for another exit.

Excellent mission. The city was awesome, and captured the TDP feel nicely.
    I also liked that it didn't force me to knock anyone out. Finished it after 2 hours and 13 minutes with 0 damage dealt. I did have to snuff a few fire elementals though.

But it could perhaps do with a bit more ambient sounds along with the ambient music to give it even more atmosphere.
    Also, I think some parts required you to have rope arrows to be able to continue. Making alternate paths is always good (and I noticed that you did in some places), and it helps make the mission less linear too.

There were no big showstoppers anywhere though, so it stayed a pleasurable experience all the way through.
    Thanks bbb!

got the all the crowns but how do I get to the Keeper and the starting point?
    Last edited by Master Garett; 6th Jan 2008 at 14:34.

Master Garett:Find the sewer hatch and .....

there's only 1 hatch that opens and which lead to the where I found the tomb key but it's a dead end...

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast