TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread: T2 FM - Three Crowns Dec. 7/07

Difficulty: Easy
    3 hours 1 minute 33 seconds
    10116 loot
    3 secrets

This mission kept on getting bigger and bigger as it went on. During the beginning I found the Cathedral and didn't notice the basement so I thought I was close to finished. Boy was I wrong.

I misinterpreted some of the text in the Cathedral and tried to infiltrate what is called the "Cardinal's House" on the map. Whoops.

I've only just got round to playing this excellent FM.

I finished it short of about 600 loot and only found four out of the five secrets. Can anyone please tell me where the fifth secret is?

The four I found are:
    A switch behind a wardrobe in the barracks.
    Behind a banner in the cathedral.
    A switch behind crates in the warehose just to the north of the river where you first enter the main part of the town (assessed via the roof).
    The secret area immediately after getting the blue crown (the one where you have to avoid getting zapped).

Check for a ledge you can rope arrow to above the canal

Stuck... again!

I finally found the water (accessible through the guard area) -- swam through and found the breath potions and lever in the pump house.

Swam some more, found the vault and manufacturing keys, used them... now what?

Am I supposed to keep swimming around? From all the postings, I'm guessing I'm looking for a cathedral, and a way in.

I hope I'll feel silly when someone points me in the right direction, but right now I don't know what to do.

I'm having fun, but getting a little frustrated now

Well, don't I feel silly -- found the cathedral guard key in the vault (missed it before) and now found the ramp down to a lower area (was this closed off before, or did I just miss it?)

In any case, I'm on my way again!

Finished this mission and I have a lot of one word comments, like: Wow! Awesome! Amazing!

Truly fun and engaging. Great job, bbb, and thanks a bunch!

Enjoying this a lot.

But at 2:46 into the mission (still on an Iron Man run, but now with only 3HP left!) I am completely and utterly stumped. No progress whatsoever during the last hour or so...

Most of the posts in this thread make no sense to me, as I have not reached any spiders or parts with Maw critters or 'Pond keys' yet. I skimmed those posts really fast and went like "Lalala, Im not listening!" since I dont want to get spoiled.

The last thing I did that made sense was to find a vault with a readable that changed my objectives. Now I know the colours of the crowns I am supposed to find. I have a 'Cathedral Guard key' but I have not seen any door, shutter, locker, lockbox, gate or bars that I can use it on. Everything I once found as locked is now open.

I have two rope arrows I have used to get to many places, but I see no way to use them to move forward.

I am doing my best to use the map for hints about where to go, but I have not yet been able to quite understand it.

Some loose ends:

* I can see something that looks like cathedral grounds, but the wall is far too high and there is no wood for rope arrow in sight.

* At the very start, I can see a small garden through a window. There is even a tempting purple goblet on a bench there! Will I get here later or is it a secret area I have missed?

* The well at the start has a grating that keeps me from diving further into it. Any way to open this (or is that also for later)?

How do I move on?
    HELP!
    Last edited by jiansonz; 21st Dec 2009 at 17:40.

jiansonz: Sorry for the delay in replying.

Go back to the place where you can see the cathedral through the barred openings in the wall. The gate at the bottom of the ramp will now be open. (That happened when you got to the first vault area.) Go through and up the ramp opposite the guard post then mantle up onto the wall in the north corner.
    Last edited by ffox; 23rd Dec 2009 at 06:51.

Well, Ill be damned...some of those unfrobbable doors and gates are now open, for no apparent reason.

Making this in a mission is just EVIL! Id have much preferred if the author had made me pull a lever or something. That way, Id expect something to have changed somewhere.

Alright, thanks ffox, Im on my way now!

(Damn, thats quite the choir of chanting Hammerites...)

walkthrough needed three crows

I stuck on three crows can you please post a walkthrough

I don't think anyone has written a walkthrough. Where are you stuck?

Walkthrough needed

Is there a walkthrough for this game please i am stuck.

Summer Vacation Contest Winner 2010
    I dont know of a WalkThrough for this fm, but We can probably point you in the right direction.

What are you short of? Loot, or an Objective?

Green Crown?
    I've gone through the sewers and come to a door and I can't progress any further. Anyone know where the key is? I've checked this thread and can't find any mention of it. I killed the spiders and searched and searched. Am I missing something obvious?

Keep going through the sewers. There is another exit that leads to a house with a "Crypt key" in it. That key will open the door to the crown and a little surprise.

Thanks, Snakebite! What a gem of a mission! So much exploration!

I cannot find the green crown. I'm in the galleries at the end of the mission, with some giant spiders. There is a door with a lock next, but I don't have the key... please, help.

Ok, I solved the problem: to open the last door
    spoiler:
    (which hides the green crown) requires the tomb key, and it is in the room there in the courtyard which is accessed through the small scale adjacent to the door.

P.S.:
    Exceptional FM. One of the best I've ever played.

bbb is my fav author for exploration missions,also try his other fan missions,like mighty joe young/and he has a newer thief 1 fm that was good,and the lady something missions was fun too

last i heard he is done making fan missions,but i hope he never stops making them,i love the massive distance i get to travel in his fan missions,instead of the typical sandbox style

oops I'm stuck as well. just left the barracks after cathedral and went trough a small gate. Now I'm at a cave entrance, that is blocked with 2 rocks.

....... Caropr

What's the key's name? There's a complete list in the walkthrough.

O.O

Thanks Ricebug1!!!!

Wow. impressive pdf.

I had been all over city and finished cathedral, but I think I know where I need to go now.

Thanks!!!!!

............ caropr

Hi! I jumped down to the "pond" area. Then I realized Im completely out of rope arrows. And I dont see any of them lying around down here So now I can neither get into the mansion nor go back to retrieve some arrows. Does it mean Im stuck forever? Doh! Or is there another way in?

Somehow I didn't play this mission until today. Well, it was very nice! Essential Thief playing! Can't wait for your upcoming T1 mission, bbb, I hope it will be as good as Augustine's Revenge was.
    Last edited by ticky; 3rd Feb 2013 at 12:17.

bbb is making a new mission? i though he said he was retired from making them,if it is true i am so happy as he is my fav map maker

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast