TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 35 of 65 FirstFirst ... 510152025303132333435363738394045505560 ... LastLast

Thread: 1000 clues that you have been playing thief way to much ...

2700) You actually use your school/academe/academy/"learning place"/learning hall(s)-issued assignment book.

Collary 1: You use it like any good student, except you went through it about 36 times looking for any unexceptable words like "assignments" and replaced them with "objectives" or phrases like "dress code/school standards" to something like "tenants of the scholars".

Collary 2: You refer to the administrators by replacing Mr. or Ms. or Mrs. with "Keeper of the *fill in subject here*". Example: Mr. Kling becomes Keeper of the vernacular language Kling.

Collary 3: "TAFFER!" has been scribbled in 168 times.

Collary 4: At least now it has been.

Collary 5: In the morning, you attach a post it note on over where you write your "objectives" and write something that should be in the Pre-mission phrases thread and nowhere else.

Collary 6: Glyphs are EVERYWHERE!!! (Not just on your assignment book, not even on your personal property but on the walls!).

Collary 7: People are actually penning some of the glyphs on their bodies, even though they have no idea what they mean. The admin...I mean High Scholars are afraid of a coming trend that will make them add more stuff to the book next year. You encourage younger scholars to scratch that part out...

More collaries (additions) to come I'm sure...
    Last edited by TTK12G3; 27th Apr 2005 at 15:24.

2701) Instead of tossing coins in a local park fountain, you search it for water arrows.

2702) You start 'wall hugging' when co-workers walk by you in the hallways at work.

2703) You take the mic at karaoke and start speaking the words of Karras.

2704) Your girlfriend leaves the room for a minute and when you get up to follow her she opens the door right when you're walking up to it. You quickly step behind the door as she walks in, pauses, and looks around for you. Then when you tap her on the shoulder she jumps and screams and it takes a while to calm her down.

True story...she was not happy at all, but it was fun.

2705) Even though you are not using the computer with the game on it, you continue to act as if it did. In my case a themed desktop and sound scheme. Files realted to Thief and custom mesh files waiting to be transferred.

Quote Originally Posted by jvarnerus
    2704) Your girlfriend leaves the room for a minute and when you get up to follow her she opens the door right when you're walking up to it. You quickly step behind the door as she walks in, pauses, and looks around for you. Then when you tap her on the shoulder she jumps and screams and it takes a while to calm her down.

True story...she was not happy at all, but it was fun.
    Scaring girls is fun! I have done all sorts of tricks on my ex-girlfriend and my flat mates.

Yep, very familiar with the old "stand behind the door" trick, gets 'em every time.

Also, the "lay down on the floor on the opposite side of the bed from the door" one works a charm every time.

I scared my flatmate so good once she litereally jumped into the air when she screamed

You know you're good when you don't have to jump out and scream "RAARGH" and make a big noise, you can make them scream just by tapping them and saying "boo."
    Last edited by Domarius; 10th May 2005 at 12:37.

2706) You trip and do a header into a backup toilet filled with crap and tell everyone Garrett blackjack me from behind

To understand this 1 more better Im going to community chat to tell the story on this event which happen yeserday thread will be labled

The mosted embarassing moments ever witness to someone else
    You are never too young to hold a Lightsaber

2707) You can safely claim that you remember the good old days of this thread, three years ago, when it was actually funny, and readable.

ok its there
    You are never too young to hold a Lightsaber

niec 2 now d00d

You cannot play thief too much. Period. Thread closed

Quote Originally Posted by Luthien
    Thread closed

2708) You come to believe that you can't play Thief too much.

BANNED
    personally i like waiting outside police stations stealing a truncheon then blackjacking every bobby who goes home,by the end of the night theres a heap of unconcious policemen.......................

I may have been one of the most prolific contributors to this thread but it' been quite awhile since I've posted to it.

2709) You follow Stephen Russell from a distance hoping he'll whisper one of his famous paranoid Garrett lines to himself.

2710) When he gets to his place of residence you decide to break in with nothing more than the use of what Garrett would have used.

2711) Once inside you search his house for apples, carrots, unnamed purple fruit, expensive wine and mutton legs and no matter how many there are you eat them all at one sitting.

2712) You blackjack Mr. Russell while he sleeps hoping he'll pop straight up in bed and groan before collapsing again.

2713) You rob him of everything you can carry but are still convinced there's always a little extra very cleverly hidden loot to find.

2714) To that end you decide you must stay and search for it no matter how long it takes.

2715) In the three day search that ensues Mr. Russell ends up in a coma from your having to keep 'jackin' him every few hours.

2716) You've started to starve because you've already eaten all the items previously mentioned and despite the fact that there is plenty of other gourmet food there it doesn't fit your special needs diet.

2717) Friends of Russell become suspicious and call the police to report him missing and as the cavalry arrive to break down the door you pick up the still comatose body of Russell (which you've, of course, dressed in an extra hooded cloak which you brought with you) and propping it up ventriloquist style you manually manipulate his lips while crudely impersonating his delivery of the classic 'Garrett is outnumbered' quip: "Here we go!"

2718) You don't tell anyone this but part of the reason you broke in was in hopes of getting caught. As they slam the cell door you smile and think to yourself "Alright! Prison break mission!"
    "That I an accessary needs must be
    To that sweet thief which sourly robs from me."
    William Shakespeare, sonnet 35

2719) You leave victrolas/gramaphones around the house so that when thieves break in they can have a little introduction about the room they are standing in.

"Message No. 3 of 6 - BEEP - Lords and Ladies behold the Builder's Chapel..."

2720) You build a chapel to go with the above statement.

hm i seem to have posted in this thread HALF A DECADE AGO

Hehe!

2721) You try to hack 29 zombies (T2X) into pieces just to make a screenshot.

2722) You are only content if you get four arms, two heads and a torso from each zombie.

2723) You're happy because some zombies regrow a third head.

2724) You actually have not started thief in weeks because you are *sick* of moving zombie parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Luthien
    Hehe!

2721) You try to hack 29 zombies (T2X) into pieces just to make a screenshot.

2722) You are only content if you get four arms, two heads and a torso from each zombie.

2723) You're happy because some zombies regrow a third head.
    Sounds like the sort of thing Ominous cowl would do.

2725) You start analyzing Garretts personality as if it were a real person.

This thread is enormous. It said 1000 but what are you going for 3000 or 4000? Its going to take me hours to read it all!

I see what you did there LOL!

2726) you actually found the guard known as Smithy in T3
    spoiler:
    the museum archer (near the Heart)
    "keep searching, something's here... or my name isn't Smithy!"
    2727) you buy a stereo 5.1 speakers just to enjoy thief more
    2728) you write here, but you don't know exactly what for
    (and realize how stupid the thread has gone from the funny begginings)

Quote Originally Posted by Spymaster
    and realize how stupid the thread has gone from the funny begginings)
    Yep. We need to play more and rant less about gaming habits.

#2729 You still insist that, as a little known fact, that you got #1000 and the counting was screwed up; and wear that fact as a badge around the forums, annoying those around you.

Edit: true story.

I'm new, hello everyone

2730. While playing thief, another family member/friend starts whistling and you look around frantically for the guard who is obviously making the noise.
    2731. At a really boring party you start playing through your favourite level, thereby optimizing the playing when you actually get home. (I did this just the other day)

2732:

Thief background story material becomes a basis for your own real life spirituality. Manifestations include: faction sayings at the beginnings of levels that you quote to people in class.
    Making your own books of Hammer quotes
    Performing Pagan rituals in the bath tub
    That shrine to Constantine and Viktoria in your room

Page 35 of 65 FirstFirst ... 510152025303132333435363738394045505560 ... LastLast