TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 43 of 65 FirstFirst ... 3813182328333839404142434445464748535863 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,075 of 1622

Thread: 1000 clues that you have been playing thief way to much ...

Oh alright. bump...

#2362: You wear all your Thief garb (complete with hooded cloak) to work, stretch a tarp over the top of your cubicle so you're always in shadow, and change the nameplate hanging outside your cube to read your TTLG name (complete with join date).

#2363: You then proceed to blackjack any coworkers that question your latest attire & cube decor while reciting a catchy phrase from one of the Thief games.

#2364: You fill plastic easter eggs with water, and tie them to arrows to make water arrows! (because they split in half when they hit)
    #2365: You fill plastic easter eggs with monkey's hair, wood, leaves and such, and set it on fire, then tie it to an arrow to make fire arrows! (same prinicple)
    #2366: you fill plastic easter eggs with Chlorophorm or Nitrous Oxide, make it air tight, and tie it to an arrow to make gas arrows (same prinicple)
    #2367: you forget which eggs have what in it, so you test them on family members!

Voice Actor
    You family members must hate getting shot with arrows all the time, regardless of what is tied to them. And where do you get monkey hair, exactly?

This thread used to be about stuff you actually do...

Don

I might actually do #2364 in conjunction with number #2367. I like that idea, sounds funny.

#2368:You try out ideas you see on this thread.

(I think a more appropriate question would be where do you legally get a monkey to get the hair from? I can already guess the answer to how do you get the hair from the monkey. Use #2366.)
    Last edited by kamyk; 7th Jan 2006 at 00:17.

Quote Originally Posted by kamyk
    #2368:You try out ideas you see on this thread.
    I couldn't get any monkey hair, so I just shaved my husband's legs when he was sound asleep & used the shavings.

Oh shi... he just woke up.

Pardon if these were repeated.

#2369. When you walk about, you do perfect imitations of guards/hammerites.

#2370. You refer to the head of the household as "His/her lordship".

#2371. You're trying to learn how to talk like a Haunt just so you can freak friends/family/strangers out... (flAmeS arOuNd yoU, FLameS, nOthinG but flAmes bURninG yOur fleSH.)

#2372. ... You learned to talk like a haunt and do perfect imitations... (Jooiiin ussss, Join usss, join us NOW!)

#2373. ... Now you're trying to learn to talk like an apperition.

(When you learn to speak like a haunt/apperition, send me a PM. I'd love to hear some recordings. )

I believe this link will answer all your Monkey Hair q's:http://www.websters-online-dictionar...on/MONKEY+HAIR

#2374: You realize that you laugh exactly like the cathedral haunts in T1.
    #2375: You tried to sneak behind a person sitting at a desk, and then to take valuables placed on the middle of the desk - from behind the sitting person - and all that being completely confident that the person will neither notice you nor the missing of the valuables.
    #2376: Your last wish is to be buried in a large crypt complex where a horn plays soothing melodies taming the local burricks, which also have to be present in the grave.
    Last edited by Divisor; 8th Jan 2006 at 10:01.

Quote Originally Posted by Thief-Playah
    #2369. When you walk about, you do perfect imitations of guards/hammerites.
    Well... I used to do it for fun, but now... whenever I sigh or cough out of boredom, I unintentionally mimick the guards! You know the clips - "Heh-hem!!" and "tum ta ta tum ta ta..." etc.

2377- You think that killing someone is not an option.
    2378- You think you can turn down the Gamma in life to simulate "True" Shadows.
    2379- You think the blackjack you own can take down any man.
    2380- You mistake the Cherry flavored Kool-aid for healing potions, so you horde it all to yourself.

#2381- when you watch cartoons and hear the famous Droopy on the screen and the first words out the characters mouth send you into a panic and you quickly shoot a water arrow at the TV screen. After words you cry because you just fried you new plasma screen and realize it was not a child of Karras. BzzzZZZzzttt

That would suck, dude.

#2382: In school, when your locker doesn't open, you decide to use the detination device from RTC to open it

Quote Originally Posted by ValasXitan
    #2382: In school, when your locker doesn't open, you decide to use the detination device from RTC to open it
    By using Thief's technology, Thief's unique logic would apply too.

If (by whatever means...no, by USING SCIENCE) you got a Sunburst Device and detonated it, all doors except the targeted one would be blown open.

#2382:When you wake up you check your objectives(default "o") for what you need to do today... don't kill anyone... hmmm... Oh! I can do that!!!

#2383:While playing other games you desperatly look for ways to taff around with the phisics engine(In my case NFS:MW. I blocked off a highway usinga log that fell off a truck.)

#2384: You think you can fly by dropping keys on your head and jumping.

#2385 - You keep telling yourself that it's over and you should really spend your gaming time on something else, only to return to Thief about 2 hours later.

#2386 - You gather loads of small change and distribute it throughout your living area in small stacks, each 5/10/25 [insert your currency here] worth. Then you keep an eye out for taffers.

#2387You check behind every painting and in closets for levers that might open a safe. Then you open every cabinet because the dromeders of earth could have hidden loot everywhere, and you can't sleep until you fulfill that objective...

#2388- You start talking like the Hammerites, including the prayers.
    #2389- You carry around a Hammer.
    #2390- You whack every tree-planting Hippie with your Hammer, calling them "Pagan Scum."

Quote Originally Posted by Gore_Torn
    You can!!

Take clip-on lenses of different tints (well, assuming you wear glasses). Then set the lenses into spinning wheel apparatae to shift between shades.

Alternately, there's squinting.

2391: On Apirl Fools Day you play Running Interference and give Basso the signal before you've knocked out a single guard.

I love doing that! Alternatively, try to beat the mission with Basso right behind you. At the beginning use the signal and let him come out. Now run ahead of him and try to pave the way quickly before he runs up and gets shot six times and cut up ten times. Hours of fun!

Quote Originally Posted by R Soul
    2391: On Apirl Fools Day you play Running Interference and give Basso the signal before you've knocked out a single guard.

Sorry if this is a repeat, I was only able to get to 670 today, but wanted to share these incase I don't finish any time soon....

2392: You make the "Sliiiing!" sound when picking up loose change off the counter or coffee table.

2393: When playing other FPS's you find yourself cycling through your inventory for a flash bomb incase you're spotted.

Page 43 of 65 FirstFirst ... 3813182328333839404142434445464748535863 ... LastLast