TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 50 of 66 FirstFirst ... 51015202530354045464748495051525354556065 ... LastLast
Results 1,226 to 1,250 of 1626

Thread: 1000 clues that you have been playing thief way to much ...

you start writing dodgy fanfic 'cos you can't manage dromed ....

When you go to a restaurant and look at the menu, you mumble to yourself "Now where is those damned texture..."

Because of a bug, you finally managed to blackjack a haunt...

2572: You get twitchy when people stop numbering their posts in this thread.

2573: You actually try to drop silently by crouching before you go.

2574: Touching a rope sends you flying and you land in a bloody heap about a mile away.

2575: You've decided that one of the most important criteria for a prospective mate is whether or not they've played any of the Thief games.

Bonus points if they've played any of the FMs.

2576: you name your dog "Burrick", much to the confusion of your friends and family.

--------
    god i hate this thread...it should've died...but this way was amusing me.
    Last edited by Kainus; 28th Nov 2006 at 09:23. Reason: i felt like it!

#2577: You try to tap "Escape" or "M" somewhere in Mid-Air, to see what mission you're in, and what your objectives are.

#2578: Before you enter a place you've never been before, you start a speech about the place and it's history.

Quote Originally Posted by The Woodsie Lord View Post
    #2577: You try to tap "Escape" or "M" somewhere in Mid-Air, to see what mission you're in, and what your objectives are.

#2578: Before you enter a place you've never been before, you start a speech about the place and it's history.
    The last one had me laughing real hard.... Just because I actually imagined that for a moment...

Hm... Maybe we should start another list. "The List of Things to Do In Order to Get Odd Looks From Your Pals"

#2579: You steal the keys from your place of employment, because, hey, the real job YOU were doing was "Casing the Joint".

I actually did this, without really thinking. I still have them, in fact, in case I ever need to make a midnight trip to the grocery store...

I've read all of the posts in this thread but that was a while ago, so some of these could have been said earlier. Sorry if they have.

#2580: Your friends have started to subconsciously look over their shoulders every few seconds in case you're sneaking up on them.

#2581: You haven't got any keyes; you just pick the lock every time you want to enter your apartment.

#2582: The one above this one is true for your friends' places too, and has nearly resulted in some pretty ankward situations before. Luckily it is not an easy thing to see you... Especially when you do not wish to be seen.

Quote Originally Posted by Caranfin View Post
    #2581: You haven't got any keyes; you just pick the lock every time you want to enter your apartment.
    #2583: you've got to the point where lock picks are quicker then keys

Permanently Enlarged
    #2584: You don't even need lockpicks to open locks anymore, you can use a peice of paper or a hair, or even your breath.

#2585: You start praying to the Builder whenever you enter PvP in an MMO. God damned Luxons....

#2586 You try to flee the Theif GenDiscussion and wind up being sucked back in like a dustball in a vacuum cleaner. Thanks LadyTaffer. Thanks sooooo much!

#2587 You create a hotmail account under the name Garrett so you can send emails to your thiefsie friends and make them think it's from THE Garrett!!!

#2588 You hope that somewhere out there in the big wide world there really is a Benny.

#2589 Despite your families discouragement you still think that opening a Burrick Inn would be a great business venture.

Quote Originally Posted by Infernalis View Post
    #2588 You hope that somewhere out there in the big wide world there really is a Benny.
    Actually, Komag is Benny. He works as a night watchman in real life!

Quote Originally Posted by jolynsbass View Post
    Actually, Komag is Benny. He works as a night watchman in real life!
    i seem to remember laughing hilariously at that thread, it even came with mspaint drawings as i recall. Well. Komag, if you ever need any help with those humors, go to a real doctor.

I'm sure this has already been mentioned somewhere deep in this thread, but I've taken up whistling and humming like the guards from The Dark Project when I'm waiting for the bus (I hadn't even started playing the full game yet; this was from playing the Bafford demo). This was quite effective when I was working an evening shift, and it'd be one in the morning, in January, and the temperature was -30 celcius or worse with the windchill, and the second bus would be a half-hour wait. I think the whistling came from a combination of anticipation for playing the full game and lunacy (also quite effective for keeping your mind off of your limbs slowly turning into frozen meat sticks).

2591:

You start to use Hammerite and Mechanist texts in arguments (Guilty of this one)

Permanently Enlarged
    Quote Originally Posted by Infernalis View Post
    actually, i know someone who acts almost exactly like Benny, even when sober. most entertaining, but extremely annoying after a few hours.

Creative uses for fixations

#2592 You locate some appropriate quotes from Garret or the Guards, record them, and use them as your outgoing message on your answering machine.
    (Riiing; Riiiing: Guard: "Now where'd he go?!" 'I can't come to the phone right now' (cue Zombie moan)....

#2593. When you are watching television and an advertisment for "Lazy Boy Reclining Chairs" comes on the tv and the part where the female voice says lifetime warranty on the MECHANIST parts is actually MECHANICAL parts.

oops

#2594:
    When you are stuck on a roof, you don't call for help.
    No, you look for someone to jump on.

#2595:
    You always carry a frog in your pocket. See above.

#2596:
    You throw heavy fireworks against a locked door, because you believe that it will open without showing any signs of damage.

#2597:
    -For Dromeders

You hear "m00start" when you go to bed, because someone forgot to deactivate the trigger.

#2598:
    You believe that some lava in volcanoes could be water.

reference to the crap contest there ...

#2599:
    You start running and jumping every time you come across a carpet.

#2600:
    You resurrect this thread.

I'm just feeding this horrific monster from behind the grave with more clues. It deserves no rest.

#2601:
    You tell everyone you have a sister who would be VERY grateful if someone ever breaks out of a prison.

#2602:
    You become one with your inner Garrett.

I have given up trying to actually figure out the REAL amount of clues here. It's somewhere clearly over 3000.
    Last edited by Jusal; 2nd Feb 2007 at 15:47. Reason: Fixed some wording.

Page 50 of 66 FirstFirst ... 51015202530354045464748495051525354556065 ... LastLast