TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 6 of 66 FirstFirst ... 234567891011162126313641465156 ... LastLast

Thread: 1000 clues that you have been playing thief way to much ...

Black

1274- Thou mantle onto thy keyboard- see "Mantling is bad for thy keyboard" for such things...

------------------
    surripio ergo sum

Wynne

Uhhhh.... Morningstar... I wasn't talking about me, heheh... that was just... erm... heh... a funny thought... yeah, it amused me... but, well, I don't identify with it at all. I'm sane. Really. I'm tellin' ya. I'M SAAAAAAANE!

L. Morningstar

Of course, we're all sane here.

Nightvision

1002: If you see a paving slab out of place, you throw stones at it to check it sn't a trap.

Kyran Ward

#1276: You bought Thief: The Dark Project back in February of 1999, and joined this forum shortly after just to contribute to this list.

Now, more than a year later, you are still contributing to this forum, still contributing to this list, still playing T:TDP, still playing Thief Gold, and have completed Thief 2 on Expert despite the fact that your video card keeps you from being able to see your light gem most of the time.

And hey, this is your 500th post!

Long live the 1000 Clues!

------------------
    -gabe-

ZkilfinG

Wow, pure 3l1t3 here =8)

#1277 You don't just keep updated with this forum, but also with every other Thief forum

#1278 You dream wet dreams about #2000'th post, and have already thought out something very, very special to write for it

#1279 You've traced down the origins of the word 'Taffer' but since you're a Thief you won't share the secret, it migth come in handy someday...

#1280 You start thinking that you might need a new topic '1000 clues that you have been posting to much on the "1000 clues that you have been playing thief way to much ........ "'

#1281 You've accually read all of the previously 1280 posts

------------------
    "Life's a Bug, so don't bother"

Bronte

#1282 - You velcro a chunk of shag carpet to the top of your mouse pad, hoping it helps quiet your movement.

The Cloaked Wolf

This thread's not gonna die if I can help it...

===

Please excuse me if anyone's listed any of these already:

#1283 You start chomping at the bit for a THIEF movie to come out in the theatres.
    #1284 You wet your pants because none has appeared yet.
    #1285 You go through the trouble of getting the phone number of every film studio in existance and call them demanding to know why they haven't gotten around to it yet.
    #1286 You threaten to break into their building at night, steal anything you can, blackjack their guards and take over their studio if they don't.
    #1287 You keep this nonsense up for several months before finally calling it quits.
    #1288 You decide that since no one else will do it... you'll just have to do it yourself.
    #1289 You go through the trouble of a second job, etc., doing all you can to get the cash to finance such a film project.
    #1290 You finally just break into a bank. After all, you've robbed the bank on THIEF II enough times for practice, right?
    #1291 You obssess over the script, hassling actual LGS staff for points of accuracy to include.
    #1292 LGS finally keeps track of your number and has your calls blocked.
    #1293 You go nuts trying to decide who to cast in the role of Garrett.
    #1294 You suddenly stop worrying about casting Garrett at the moment, because, being a guy, you decide that it's even MORE vital to first decide who should be cast as Viktoria! She has to have extensive knowledge on the Thief world as well as the skill to be able to maneuver through it as seamlessly as possible, so you have to pick carefully! Someone with all the smarts and moves.
    #1295 You finally settle on someone you think perfect for Viktoria.

#1296 Lytha.

(Just kidding there, Lytha!)

------------------
    <+> The Cloaked Wolf <+>

The Cloaked Wolf

Just thought this one up, couldn't resist adding it:

#1297 You watch as all the lady THIEF fans start arguing with you and Lytha for the role of Viktoria!

#1298 They start challenging each other to THIEF matches... best girl wins?

------------------
    <+> The Cloaked Wolf <+>

heifetz

#1299 - Your butt starts to sweat and itch from sitting on that leather/fabric chair too long.

#1300 - You close your eyes at night, only to see burricks and Hammerites leaping at you.

--
    heifetz

Black

1301)

Having previously glued your CD drive shut so that you never accidentally take the thief CD out, you now have to chisel it open to get the thief II CD in.

------------------
    Surripio ergo sum

krummi

Sorry if someone already have said this:

Whe you see something interesting far away, you try to zoom to see what it is.. (true story )

------------------
    Hello,
    I am the Spawn of the Pit and Loathly Guardian of the Dreaded Portal.

How may I help you?

V. Equinox

You look over the magazine listings, and are disappointed to see that they don't carry "Popular Mechanists."

V. Equinox

DDuke

(10,000) You examime all the trees before going into a forest.

DDuke

Originally posted by DDuke:
    (10,000) You examime all the trees before going into a forest.
    (10,001) You see a cop running around and start waving your hands for the mouse and keyboard.

Black

1305) (?)
    When you pick a lock, you can't help muttering to yourself:
    "Open for me, open to me, open my way, etc"

------------------
    Surripio ergo sum

Kassandra

#1307 - On a nice and long walk with your s/o, when you completely lost any sense of directions, you feel a nervous tickling in your right thumb - because you always activate the compass in Thief with this finger.

#1308 - Actually, you also look into the "right corner" of your RL field of view, to check if the compass is already activated...

(two real life stories - happened today.)

Salokin

1309 - You switch off all electrical equipment by exploding them into little pieces.

1310 - You are then surprised to find an on/off switch.

1311 - You are then more concerned about the waste of a firearrow than the destruction of your hi-fi.

Tarren

1312:
    You try to convert your friends to 'thievism'

1313:
    you install the game on a slow @$$ computer at school with no sound and unistall it because your afraid of giving the wrong first impression

WitchKing

1314: you desperatly need to know what was on mission 8 before it vanished.
    1315:you replay mission 18 over 20 times just to laugh at the kung-fu servants, farting Burricks and dancing Zombies

Fearless Fish

1316: Your name is Tarren and you've posted 419 posts since March!

------------------
    'Let The Builder guide thy path.'

d0om

1317 - when taking your RS GCSE, you answear the question: "In the two religions you have studies, what the name of the religion's founder?" You answear The Master Builder and Karras.

Fearless Fish

I did that in my mocks!

------------------
    'Let The Builder guide thy path.'

Kroakie

1318. you walk on your newly tiled house and wondered "Where the loud 'cluck cluck' sound go?

1319. you tried to make a blackjack by painting a 500ml coke bottle black.

------------------
    Beware SHADows
    Beware places where the night LIVEs.
    They wait
    There is no Natural Darknesss
    Only ShaDOWS

Black

1320) Thou art a devout Catholic, yet Thief related bits and pieces find their way into thy prayers:
    "Hail Mary, full of grace."
    "Hail Murus, full of grace."

1321) Thou art a devout Christian, yet thy scripture is riddled with Hammerite phrases:
    "And Jesus suffered the children to come unto him... err... be they of stone, or of flesh..."

1322) Thou art a member of the Church of Latter-day Saints (i.e. Jehovah's Witness), and the only method thou canst think of converting them to thy cause is by knocking on people's doors, saying:
    "Join us join us join us now..."
    When this fails, thy comments are different:
    "Flames around you, flames, nothing but flames, burning your flesh..."

1323) Thou art a Bhuddist, yet the only way thou canst find the path to Enlightenment is by reading every book, lampoon, scroll etc in Undercover and other Hammerite missions.

1324) Thou art a Hindu, yet thy wheel turneth not, for thou canst not find the much talked about power unit to switch on power.

1325) Thou art a Jew, yet thou canst not think of the Wailing Wall without thinking "I am a wallbuilder. May my walls endure, whilst cities rise and empires fall..."

------------------
    Surripio ergo sum

Page 6 of 66 FirstFirst ... 234567891011162126313641465156 ... LastLast