TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 62 of 65 FirstFirst ... 121722273237424752575859606162636465 LastLast
Results 1,526 to 1,550 of 1622

Thread: 1000 clues that you have been playing thief way to much ...

3478 - You can finish all missions in all Thief series blindfolded using only your hearing with 100% loot. Has anyone done it?

3479 - You can guide a friend of yours step-by-step through all OMs with closed eyes and ears. Although your friend did never play any Thief before, he finishs with all loot, all secrets, all pickpockets and no KO's or kills.

3480: You go on holiday somewhere foreign and thiefy, and you begin to pretend you're Garrett. Then you turn to your sibling and they're doing the exact same thing.

3481: On a date, you keep telling your girlfriend to "follow me" or "wait there" while you scout ahead.

3482: Every time you're about to use one, you can here Tom Jones singing "Flashbomb, flashbomb, you're my flashbomb" in your head.

3483 - A very simple one. When you've played Thief 2 too much, you have gotten a special CD case for it and it takes 5 minutes of careful movement without breathing to get the scratched CD from the CD case to the CDrom-drive and vice versa, because you don't want to take the chance of scratching it more. You handle the CD like it's anti matter. If it touches anything, they will annihilate eachother with the energy of m x c ^2.

3483.5 - Thief is now so cheap that even your backup copies have backup copies.

3484) You'll take afternoons off work just to dedicate time into beta testing missions (true story)

3485) You revist the OMs after 3 years and still able to find all the loot, get all the bonus objectives and remember the patrols

3486) You'll spend a whole evening reading this thread from page 1...

3487) You'd play other games and often think 'How can I incorporate this into a thief FM...?'

3488) You get really excited and giddy when you find someone in the real world who's played Thief (in my case my housemate)

Quote Originally Posted by Dussander View Post
    3486) You'll spend a whole evening reading this thread from page 1...
    3488) You get really excited and giddy when you find someone in the real world who's played Thief (in my case my housemate)
    RE: 3486. I've done this already
    RE: 3488 That is so true with me!!!

3489: You insist on installing the thief games on your shiny new windows 7 operating system.
    3490: You can't ever get away from thief.. even when you don't play it for a long time, you always come back to it at some point. (probably goes without saying, and may have been posted before... Sorry if it has.)

3491: You can't see a Staff Only sign without wanting to remove the S.

3492 - While trying to look more like Garrett, you accidently cut off your wrong eye.

OMG...I pick locks, have a blackjack, made my own bow, quiver and arrows, and act like the drunk guards...and I try to zoom in on things. Genius

3494 - you take note of the camera positions and their blind spots.

Quote Originally Posted by kabatta View Post
    3494 - you take note of the camera positions and their blind spots.
    3495 - and when you accidentally walk into their line of sight, you expect them not to record stuff, but to turn yellow and stop for a while.

3496 - You find extremely odd that the policemen don't attack you as soon as you are spotted. You are also baffled by the cameras on the banks that does not sound alarms as soon as they catch you.
    Last edited by Brazilian Taffer; 27th May 2010 at 20:23.

3497. You wonder why the modern club doesn't help you knock out the police, so you have to slaughter them all as a rebelling gesture towards the buggy world engine. Of course you can't do that, so after a knock out gas treatment (because of a bomb not used correctly by you "it can't knock me out. it will only take a few health shields") the jail cell walls surround you. Prepared like a good keeper you keep the lock picks where the sun doesn't shine (guess the fm), but the door has a magnetic card lock. You start prison riots often so you can at least be like the prisoner in Shoalsgate police station and even chase mice and rats with a hammer so that your ramblings will keep truth to them. You successfully wind up as the lunatic in Shoalsgate and you are happy as a clam harassing every person you hear nearing to the cell.
    Last edited by kabatta; 27th May 2010 at 13:07.

#3498: you don't know any proper english so you have your friend type in for you through his account. The only english he knows are the basic words for playing thief. Also it would be much more stealthy to not leave any trace of your presence, so you use another person's account.

#3499: you wanted to build your house exactly like Constantine's but after playing Thief 3 you changed your mind and decided to build it resembling Garret's apartment.

AND NOW FOR #3500
    If you are a metalhead, you are stuck with the tune from the song "The Quiet Place" by In Flames, which you've been listening repeatedly while playing Thief

#3501: You meet someone while crushing a party, who has played Thief and you both keep talking about it until 2-3 AM.

#3502: You are sneaking all the way to your friend's house when suddenly some dogs started barking and then you wonder why there are fucking dogs in "real life", instead of thinking why there are no dogs in Thief.

#3503: When you go to a bar or similar places you always go and sit at the darkest spot of the place, where there won't be anything on the wall behind you (e.g. posters) that could shine and give away your shape. You also order beer in a bottle to take it with you just in case you need a blackjack in the parking lot.

#3504: You no longer have fear of heights or darkness

#3505: You are always comparing every horror movie with the Cradle mission and always conclude that the movie is PUNY!!!!!

#3498: you don't know any proper english so you have your friend type in for you through his account. The only english he knows are the basic words for playing thief. Also it would be much more stealthy to not leave any trace of your presence, so you use another person's account.

#3499: you wanted to build your house exactly like Constantine's but after playing Thief 3 you changed your mind and decided to build it resembling Garret's apartment.

AND NOW FOR #3500
    If you are a metalhead, you are stuck with the tune from the song "The Quiet Place" by In Flames, which you've been listening repeatedly while playing Thief

#3501: You meet someone while crushing a party, who has played Thief and you both keep talking about it until 2-3 AM.

#3502: You are sneaking all the way to your friend's house when suddenly some dogs started barking and then you wonder why there are f******g dogs in "real life", instead of thinking why there are no dogs in Thief.

#3503: When you go to a bar or similar places you always go and sit at the darkest spot of the place, where there won't be anything on the wall behind you (e.g. posters) that could shine and give away your shape. You also order beer in a bottle to take it with you just in case you need a blackjack in the parking lot.

#3504: You no longer have fear of heights or darkness

#3505: You are always comparing every horror movie with the Cradle mission and always conclude that the movie is PUNY!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Ornlu View Post
    No doubt that would be AWESOME. haha

#3506: When you can't see something far away, you wish you can press the "[" key to zoom in.

#3507: While playing another game, you wish you can lean around corners. (happens to me all the time heehee )

You know that you've been playing Deadly Shadows way too much when you stop washing to avoid waking up in prison.

#3509: You know you played too much Thief when valuables and foodstuff disappear in any place you go to sleep.

#3510: When you faithfully maintain a text document listing all these clues.

#3511. When you pre-emptively download the thread of spoiler hints for an FM because you know you're probably going to need it sooner or later, and keeping the thread locally on your computer is easier to deal with than searching for it on TTLG later.

Page 62 of 65 FirstFirst ... 121722273237424752575859606162636465 LastLast