TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 66 of 66 FirstFirst ... 162126313641465156616263646566
Results 1,626 to 1,635 of 1635

Thread: 1000 clues that you have been playing thief way to much ...

Quote Originally Posted by Sycamoyr View Post
    I tried to read the first 1000, then I settled for reading them every once in awhile for laughs.
    Haha, yeah, I started reading it and after 1000 and the sheer number of so many more remaining pages I just gave up reading all of them and just glanced over them quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Sycamoyr View Post
    I sat next to an air vent in a lobby once, totally looked like I could have fit inside... so tempted!
    I know right? I also find myself sometimes wondering if I would fit in, when I see one.

#3607: You're in the process of creating your own religion called Tafferism. Recruiting new members will include going from door to door and handing out little blackjacks and Hoods to the children... 'Tis early practice only makes the master.

Let's resurrect this..

#3608: Those days when you lose faith in humanity, you start referring to people as 'manflesh'

I'll join you in the thread necromancy with:

#3609: On a still day you walk in and out of all the doors to a building trying to get the outside wind noises to "trigger".

#3610: When you use your key on all the doors to your house it disappears.

#3611: When you sneak into a building late at night you sometimes leave doors open because you don't think anyone will notice them.

#3612: Whenever you walk by a holy water font in a church you imagine frobbing it and hearing the holy-water sound.

# 3613: When you are disappointed by the modern day church and you suddenly decide to become a Hammerite

# 3614: When you buy a real (= sharp) sword because you could need it some day https://www.battlemerchant.com/Schwe...r:::1_256.html

#3614a): When you try to carry your sword concealed like Garrett does but you fail in your attempt

#3615: When you periodically freak out in Minecraft, because chickens are making the same ticking walking noises as spiders do in the Thief-Universe (Yes, this scares me in Minecraft everytime )

#3616: when you provisionally blackjack your girlfriend after breaking in you own house because she might alert the guards

#3617: When you enter the purgatory after your phisical death and god grants you acess to heaven if you are able to solve all Elevator Missions by your own but you decide to go to hell instead, because you know how hard and frustrating these missions are

#3618: When your girl crush wants you to pay for the restaurant bill and you quickly frob her wallet in an unnoticed moment

Keyla the Otter
    #3619 When you see a spider and you go from Alert Stage 1 to 3.

#3620 When you're home alone and your family's away, you patrol the house like a guard, grumbling "when are they gonna bring me my dinner..."

#3621 When you're swordfighting and you end up mimicking the sword guard's movements.

#3622: You set all your passcodes to variations on "0451".

#3623: When you step outside at night, you hear "that sound".

#3624: You start to consider the merits of real life crate stacking.

#3625: You always crouch to get off of a ladder.

#3626: You have a long medical history of injuries resulting from ladder falls.

#3627: Occasionally when you see a structure that goes to your chest-height you smile wryly as you consider mantling it. When you try to mantle it and fail people look at you strangely and you walk away with your head bowed, red with shame.

#3628: You can recite the bear-pits conversation on command. In fact, at every get together a friend or family-member begs you to do it.

#3629: You plan on naming all your kids after Thief characters, but then realize because you spend so much time playing Thief you're never going to have any kids (or get married...or go on a date...or have a life...).

#3630: When you travel to Boston the first landmark you want to see is where the Looking Glass offices were.

#3631: You played Thief instead of celebrating Independence Day.

#3632: Actually, you celebrated Independence Day in Thief using mines, fire arrows and least - but not last - a Sunburst Device. You also used all of your water and gas arrows for nice fireworks by shooting them at the skybox.

#3633: When you are playing the Cragscleft Prison mission you notice a possible place to climb out of the mines (right after entering the mines in the first room - a bright spot to the left). So you collect all the crates in the mines, stack them up high and you notice there is really a well - lit rightangular room up there. But all of a sudden your mission fails because you had to go through the mines, not over.

You wonder if the mission wouldn't fail if you make your way up to the prison, letting said objective tick off and head back to the mines...

#3634: You are able to enter the Alarus Extension without additional help. Yes, it is possible! First, mantle onto the wooden beam, jump to the broken stone ceiling, duck and jump from ducked position to the hole into the wall. Congratulations, you did it! Now jump down the pit! Sadly, there isn't much there...

#3635: When you smuggle a bow into the police academy. After firing guns (and missing horribly on your first attempt - yes, it is really hard!) you suddenly take out your bow in frustration. Now your aim is extraordinary well. You somehow make it to a SWAT - team precision shooter because of your incredible shooting abilities and you will be remembered in history as the SWAT - guy who prefered the bow over the rifle.

#3636: No one of the other cops registered you were carrying a bow and a quiver full of arrows all the time until you pulled it out at the shooting gallery.

#3637 When you get a letter telling you you're fired because no one ever see's you at work, despite everything getting done and your timecards saying you were there

Quote Originally Posted by twhalen2600 View Post
    #3611: When you sneak into a building late at night you sometimes leave doors open because you don't think anyone will notice them.
    I have the opposite issue.

#3638. When you see a door that's been left open, and you want to walk over to it and close it to help performance and just in case somebody walks by.

Page 66 of 66 FirstFirst ... 162126313641465156616263646566