TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 9 of 65 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314192429343944495459 ... LastLast

Thread: 1000 clues that you have been playing thief way to much ...

Black

1371) You understand what I was talking about in the last three posts

------------------
    Surripio ergo sum

Black

1372) After declaring this thread dead, you post another 44 symptoms (and counting)

------------------
    Surripio ergo sum

[This message has been edited by Black (edited June 09, 2000).]

Keeper Mallinson

Black, that was a little over the top. Come on.

Kroakie

1373. you are the one who posted the last 44 symtoms or so

------------------
    Beware SHADows
    Beware places where the night LIVEs.
    They wait
    There is no Natural Darknesss
    Only ShaDOWS

didou01

Originally posted by Kroakie:
    1373. you are the one who posted the last 44 symtoms or so

True.

------------------
    The Looking Glass works in mysterious ways...
    Didou01

kevinpars

This one is strange but true:

The sound you hear emulating from the motor in your company's soft drink machine sounds like the Horn of Quintas.

didou01

Originally posted by kevinpars:
    This one is strange but true:

The sound you hear emulating from the motor in your company's soft drink machine sounds like the Horn of Quintas.
    Do the other workers stand there like the burriks ?
    Just remember, once you have the holy can of Fanta...
    RUN

------------------
    The Looking Glass works in mysterious ways...
    Didou01

Pointdexter

Ok, ok, here we go. I have some.

#1375 You waste ALL your ink in your printer printing out 200 pages on microsoft works of 1374 ways to tell you play Theif to much. (I plead the 5'th on that one)

#1376 Your mom catches you shining up your sword.

#1377 While in PE, you get up in the rafters, shut out the lights, and sneek around watching the "gaurds" walk around.

#1378 You begin to have very vivid dreams that you are Garett.

#1379 You start looking over your shoulder wondering if there are any zombies near.

#1380 Your parents find you locked inside a closet playing Theif on a computer.

#1381 You start going to school dressed in a cloak, carring a sword and a bow.

#1382 You nock out your teachers with a stick and take there "loot"

#1383 You find yourself wandering around the roof tops looting houses.

------------------
    "Sex is like snow, you never know how many inches you're going to get or how long it
    will last."

-Author Unknown

Kroakie

1384. you think something is wrong w/ the world when you run on tiles w/o making any noise.

1385. you tried to get yourself flung 10 metres w/ the door.

1386. you smell like old meat.

------------------
    Beware SHADows
    Beware places where the night LIVEs.
    They wait
    There is no Natural Darknesss
    Only ShaDOWS

Nedan

1387) You inform Black that this thread was never really dead... it was just lying dormant for a while.

1388) You post to a 1000 Clues thread that you, yourself, started under a different alias just to get the new alias on the thread.

"Hey you guys... stop looking at me like that "

1389) You actually tried to convert levels from the Thief series to another game like Quake or Unreal.

1390) You actually downloaded a converted level from the Thief series for another game like Quake or Unreal.

"Why do you guys keep looking at me like that? "

------------------
    Nedan - "Every company dies... not every company truly lives."

Jorgisven

1368) All is silent until you hear someone around the corner, and then get an
    uncontrollable urge to stop, crouch and peek around the corner...

1369) As you are walking across a metal grate, you think to yourself, "dang, where
    are my moss arrows when I need them?"

1370) You're all alone in your house and you hear a strange noise and you then say
    out loud, "Is someone taffing about?"

1371) You take a look at a road map and then can't find where you are because it's
    not highlighted in blue.

1372) You come across a locked door in a building and try to find something to
    throw at it to open it...

Jorgisven

Sorry, these are exactly the same ones as above, but i feel obliged to have the correct numbers...sorry bout the mix up...

1391) All is silent until you hear someone around the corner, and then get an
    uncontrollable urge to stop, crouch and peek around the corner...
    1392) As you are walking across a metal grate, you think to yourself, "dang, where
    are my moss arrows when I need them?"

1393) You're all alone in your house and you hear a strange noise and you then say
    out loud, "Is someone taffing about?"

1394) You take a look at a road map and then can't find where you are because it's
    not highlighted in blue.

1395) You come across a locked door in a building and try to find something to
    throw at it to open it...

WitchKing

1396:you use TTLG forum member's footnotes, to impress girls at the pub. "i live by a motto, surripio ergo sum, d'you know what that means...."
    1397: you continue in that vein with tales of your skill at Thief.
    1398:in a last ditch sympathy effort you tell them about Looking Glass going under.
    1399:After they have knocked you back, you start to feel depressed again at there being no Thief 3.
    1400: you start to think that saying: "I like to take my payment in money, not Liquor." in a pub is Ironic.

Keeper Mallinson

Hey Jorg, there's an option to edit your posts to corrct your mistake. The option is at the top of each post.

Bluto

You play thief to much when you start working on your Garrett halloween costume in the middle of June. Very bad.

Jorgisven

1402) While just starting Bonehoard...you decide to go get some bug repellent out of your garage so you can pass through that first swarm of insects to get those jewels lying on the ground in that dark passage.

1403)You propose to Viktoria and decide that you two will be wed in the Haunted Cathedral.

1404) You practice hoops so much in the trainer that you try to have a basketball tournament with the guard.

1405) You start to wonder if the zombie that you're aiming your holy water arrow at is Cutty.

Thomas M. Blackheart

It is kind of funny now when I think of this...that it actualy was my job to play Thief too much. Now...I don't have a job and I have all the time in the world to play it. But it's just not same without all that pizza and Mountain Dew.

Cybernide

Some of the stuff I posted in a similar forum:

You KNOW you're playing thief too much when...
    1) You say 'arse' instead of 'ass'.
    2) Your parents, classmates, siblings, friends, etc. never notice you anymore, and when they do, it's accompanied by phrases such as "I didn't see you there!" and "Whoa, you were there all along?"
    3) The power goes out and you scramble to relight the bulbs by shooting them with fire arrows. Now where did I put them?
    4) Everyone within you vicinity at class has empty pockets.
    5) Your teacher was found knocked out in the boiler room.
    6) You eat cheese and deer leg and wonder why you don't hear the 'crunch'.
    7) For some reason, your right eye has been showing some interesting capabilities lately...
    8) You wonder why the stuff in your pockets don't show up in your inventory.
    9) You make a bow and arrow in shop and start shooting at teachers from dark corners.
    10) You have the urge to throw bottles instead of drinking from them.
    All based on true stories. (that's sad, really!)

Little bit of private and yes, off topic tidbit of my life. My last 'ex-boyfriend'...
    - Wears black, all over.
    - Wears pretty loud shoes
    - Has smart ass (arse) remarks about everything
    - Is a drop dead cynic
    - Has an interest in ways to kill the undead
    - Loves black leather outer wear
    - Is really good at sneaking up on people and scaring them
    - Is a great acrobat, specialty, climbing ropes
    I think I need professional help...

Some more ways to tell if you've been playing too much Thief:
    1) You wipe out on a mountain biking expedition and on coming home, you see your mother's bottle of Gucci Envy, and attempt to drink it. (it looks a ton like a healing potion!)
    2) You can't get anywhere because your bedroom door doesn't light up
    3) After having a totally wicked dream that you're stealing a bunch of priceless relics from a museum, you wake up and uh oh...
    4) When you've been on ttlg's forums for as long as I have...
    Later fellow taffers!
    ----------------------------------------
    U know you need a break from Thief when:
    1) You snicker and roll your eyes sarcastically at what the preacher says in church. (Those fanatics...)
    2) You look around your shoulder every so often now. Who knows? Garrett might be right behind you ready to swipe your wallet/purse, or worse, to blackjack you.
    3) You hear your own voice and jump 10 feet into the air in terror.
    4) You ruin your own surprise birthday party because nowadays, you just notice everything!
    5) Your parents tell you that you're grounded and you say quietly to yourself, "I know how to get out of Cragscleft already..."
    - You look down, see two legs and feet, and say, "Where the #$@! did they come from!!!

It's pretty rough, but I used a copy & paste command and I'm too lazy to edit this any further... blah.

------------------
    I'm not weird, I'm different.

fuzzybo

(Don't kill me, all you old members)
    But........
    I thought this needed to be 'bumped' back into the current BB

------------------
    SURGEON GENERAL'S WARNING: This poster's amount of sarcasm and cynicism may be dangerous to your health

Merkaba

Mr Croft, you have WAYY too much time on your hands.

Nedan

What Merkaba... (I'm Mr Croft by the way) you actually read all the first two pages? I actually saved the old thread to my hard drive. Then I edited it once in a while to a document. It didn't take that long... really.

Don't worry fuzzybo... I'm glad you bumped it back to the top.

1426) You actually realize that Mr Croft had alot of time on his hands when he posted this thread.

1427) When you actually post a "1000 clues that you might be a Thief Redneck..." thread. (Hey, why are you guys staring at me like that for? )

Black

Well I'm not posting any more on this thread... honestly...

------------------
    surripio ergo sum

sailoreagle

Um, Black? You just did :P
    (Sorry, I couldn't resist *grins*)

[This message has been edited by sailoreagle (edited July 12, 2000).]

sailoreagle

Sorry, I couldn't resist...

1428) You instinctively close your eyes when a flashbomb goes off.
    1429) When Garrett, in the game, leans around a corner, you, in real life, lean in that direction too.
    1430) You have Thief-based dreams.
    1431) You read and printed out this whole thread.
    1432) You've becomen so good at sneaking up on people (in real life) that you think, "Garrett would be proud of me."
    1434) You go into the room where your computer is, and find Garrett there, leaning on a wall with a smug smile on his face...
    1435) ....and then you wake up.

Keeper Hellzon

#1436: While playing Diablo, you refuse to use anything but a warhammer, short sword or bow. (Fondly remembering the maul)
    #1437: You finish Diablo "Lytha Way".
    #1438: You read through posts 1-1435 before posting anything. (true)

------------------
    Anders Hällzon, keeper of the keepers' library with enemy info.

Page 9 of 65 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314192429343944495459 ... LastLast